• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Melee toons looking at the sky (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
I've noticed while boxing, my melee toons seem to look at the sky and the cleric looks at the ground. I'd like them looking straight ahead. I play in 1st person. Any fix out there?

i think something is using the underwater setting while targeting so if your too close to the mob the toon looks up. assuming it is in KA or via Melee via KA

MQ2BerZerker uses the underwater flag by default to allow movement to avoid issues when approaching things if they happen to be levitating or underwater. If you're highly opposed to that method, you can edit the INI directly to remove the uw from the
INI:
StickHow=snaproll behind 10 moveback uw

to make it say
INI:
StickHow=snaproll behind 10 moveback

After you've made the change and saved the file (MQ2Berzerker_Charactername.ini) then /plugin mq2berzerker unload, followed by /plugin mq2berzerker

Though, I can't be held accountable for the berzerker acting retarded in the event they are sticking to something uw or if the berzerker is levitating.

you can press the number 5 key and that will put you looking straight ahead in first person mode, with that being said, at assist you can write that into your ini, or at some other point.

Personally , i have always played since 99 in first person mode. Never ever ran in any other mode. I know my proximity to mobs and aggro yada yada in this mode. Am jealous of peeps who play in other modes tbh but to each their own.

Last edited:
Just use 3rd person view.
I hate responses like this. If we wanted to use third person view we would already be using it. Making someone change their view doesn't fix a problem like being forced to stare at the sky, it covers it up. If you don't know how to fix it cool, but suggesting crap like this is not helpful.

I can agree with this @Saffron

I can see that as a temporary fix while you look for the solution to your problem. However, I cannot agree with "just ignore the problem you posted about" as a solution for it. Which is why I provided a suggested fix for Berzerker. I do try to listen to people and their preferences and make compromises where it makes sense. I'm all about making things user friendly.

I can agree with this @Saffron

I can see that as a temporary fix while you look for the solution to your problem. However, I cannot agree with "just ignore the problem you posted about" as a solution for it. Which is why I provided a suggested fix for Berzerker. I do try to listen to people and their preferences and make compromises where it makes sense. I'm all about making things user friendly.
You actually tried to provide a solution and that's great. Thank you! Telling people to "just use third person view" is not helpful and kind of insulting. Trying to discuss ways to fix a bug, and yeah starting at the ceiling for no reason is a bug and discussing real possible solutions to said bug is what I thought threads like these were for? Third person view is something I don't want to do for many reasons, just like alt tab boxing 6 toons. You can press 5 on your keypad until your fingers fall off but every single time MQ2MoveUtil does anything you are right back to starting at the ceiling. There is a problem with it. It ignores the settings in the ini file regarding being underwater. I thought this was a discussion about trying to fix that.

MQ2BerZerker uses the underwater flag by default to allow movement to avoid issues when approaching things if they happen to be levitating or underwater. If you're highly opposed to that method, you can edit the INI directly to remove the uw from the

Though, I can't be held accountable for the berzerker acting retarded in the event they are sticking to something uw or if the berzerker is levitating.

Thank you, Chat! I absolutely cannot stand being on my zerk's screen and having it staring at the sky.

Also, the whole person who was all just hit 5 on your numpad...doesn't work with the uw flag in the stickhow.

To the person that says just play in 3rd...I do but it bounces back to 1st on rez and the underwater flag kicks in. Normally, I would just hit "5" (see above). Scrolling out then manually moving the camera around is tedious and there is always something "just not right" with the angle. And really, who wants to spend that much time trying to manually fix a camera angle when there is a way to turn off the underwater flag?

The deal with UW flag is to get to your desired location you have to look at the location to swim/move to it. This is the only way to go up or down(Z axis) in the water. So if I had to make a guess the last direction the characters were trying to move/swim to was UP. @ChatWithThisName if this is happening in MQ2BerZerker. Just add a /look 0 after the character arrives at their desired location. I think that is what is done in kissassist when moving underwater.

it's due to the stickhow method. If you shrink your characters, or are playing a naturally short race, it tries to look up at the mob because it think it's lower than the mob. This can also happen on uneven ground. Anytime I use stick in MQ2Berzerker it's using the uw flag by default as opposed to me trying to decide if I should use the uw flag or not. This is mostly to account for levitation or being underwater, but also feeling there was no harm in it always being UW because it didn't appear to have an adverse effect on movement if you were neither levi or in the water. There are only two stick methods in the logic for my plugins, and it's only called in one place in the loop. One is by default hard coded in that if you are the tank you just regular /stick (this avoid running in circles around the mob if aggro is back and forth between you and the tank. The other is any other situation, but it's always the same exact function being called, which uses the same exact movement command every time.

The deal with UW flag is to get to your desired location you have to look at the location to swim/move to it. This is the only way to go up or down(Z axis) in the water. So if I had to make a guess the last direction the characters were trying to move/swim to was UP. @ChatWithThisName if this is happening in MQ2BerZerker. Just add a /look 0 after the character arrives at their desired location. I think that is what is done in kissassist when moving underwater.
If /look 0 makes you look straight ahead and stick how is making you look up can /look 0 be added to stick how so it stops the star gazing?

Thank you, Chat! I absolutely cannot stand being on my zerk's screen and having it staring at the sky.

Also, the whole person who was all just hit 5 on your numpad...doesn't work with the uw flag in the stickhow.

To the person that says just play in 3rd...I do but it bounces back to 1st on rez and the underwater flag kicks in. Normally, I would just hit "5" (see above). Scrolling out then manually moving the camera around is tedious and there is always something "just not right" with the angle. And really, who wants to spend that much time trying to manually fix a camera angle when there is a way to turn off the underwater flag?
I totally agree. 3rd person view sucks. Besides removing the immersive feel I always end up staring at a building column, the back of my head, or through a wall into the next room.

Question - Melee toons looking at the sky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back