• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Software MacroQuest Migrator (1 Viewer) 2021-12-04

Run from command prompt and see what it outputs.

Start -->Run-->cmd
powershell -File C:\Path\To\MacroQuestMigrator.ps1

You can just type "powershell -File " (don't forget the space) and then drag and drop the file there as well.
From the Windows file browser, if you're in the folder where the .ps1 file is located, you can also type "cmd" or "powershell" in the address bar and it will launch a shell already opened to that path, sometimes that can be easier than typing out the path or navigating there manually.

View attachment 34898
TY!

Did you follow the video?
You right click and run powershell
Yes, it just showed a blue screen and then closed. I did get it to work using powershell in address bar. I had to put the file on desktop instead of just opening it in downloads. I'm not sure why. It worked! Ty guys !!

Run from command prompt and see what it outputs.

Start -->Run-->cmd
powershell -File C:\Path\To\MacroQuestMigrator.ps1

You can just type "powershell -File " (don't forget the space) and then drag and drop the file there as well.
I am getting an error when running it in power shell first it was I couldn't run scripts so I changed my settings to allow it. Now I am getting a different error after it goes I get a security warning and I select [R] Run once:
New Error says
You must provide a value expression on the right-hand side of the '-' operator.
At C:\User\Downloads\MacroQuestMigrator\MacroQuestMigrator.ps1:541
char:25
+ if ($job.State - <<<< in 'Completed', 'Failed', 'Stopped', 'Suspended
', 'Disconnected') {
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordEx
ception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExpectedValueExpression
I found the line of code it was referencing but it looks fine where the less than signs are it has "-in".

Any ideas? I've done this on a few other computers no issues but the one I am working on now only has windows 7 if that is an issue.

absolutely no luck with migrator, can you possibly let me know which files I need to transfer over manually
can you articulate what issue with the migrator?

a bunch of the files go in different places now, you'd spend all day doing it manually, and likely miss some or mess some up

not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks for the quick response. I have had no issues with 7 and hate the thought of switching everything over to 11. Never seems to go as planned and apps I have used forever always seem to vanish or become unsupported.

not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks for the quick response. I have had no issues with 7 and hate the thought of switching everything over to 11. Never seems to go as planned and apps I have used forever always seem to vanish or become unsupported.
you don't *know* of any issues you're having with windows 7 :( it is very very very out of date, and very very very behind serious and critical security updates :(

The migration tool, for some reason didn't work for me. I'm sure I screwed something up and have no idea what. Using Next, MQ is wonky and some features are kind of working, but others aren't working at all. I'm thinking it might make sense to delete and reinstall everything and just start from scratch with Next, bypassing live. But I have no idea. I'm not a savvy computer person.
Just looking for some advice on what to do here.
MQ2Nav isn't working for me. Finding zone entrances and whatnot isn't working. The class plugins are working ok. Grind is working on one computer, but not on my laptop. But like the VV stuff is not working - the integrated stuff.
I'm just wondering if it's something I'm supposed to be doing with Next, like downloading meshes to a specific file or something else I'm not doing that's preventing me from being able to get the full functions.

The migration tool, for some reason didn't work for me. I'm sure I screwed something up and have no idea what. Using Next, MQ is wonky and some features are kind of working, but others aren't working at all. I'm thinking it might make sense to delete and reinstall everything and just start from scratch with Next, bypassing live. But I have no idea. I'm not a savvy computer person.
Just looking for some advice on what to do here.
MQ2Nav isn't working for me. Finding zone entrances and whatnot isn't working. The class plugins are working ok. Grind is working on one computer, but not on my laptop. But like the VV stuff is not working - the integrated stuff.
I'm just wondering if it's something I'm supposed to be doing with Next, like downloading meshes to a specific file or something else I'm not doing that's preventing me from being able to get the full functions.
that doesn't sound like the migration toon if it migrated all your settings and your settings are all working as they're expected to.

did you watch > This < ?

specifically the part about

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases !yes and !no if you need them.

that doesn't sound like the migration toon if it migrated all your settings and your settings are all working as they're expected to.

did you watch > This < ?

specifically the part about

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases !yes and !no if you need them.
I'll mess with it if the game ever gets back up and running again. I'll report back.

I'll mess with it if the game ever gets back up and running again. I'll report back.
definitely consider posting next stuff in the next thread - or even the that functions/features thread if you had some specific questions about that.

the migrator thread is for the migrator utility which just migrates over things like your meshes and configurations/settings files to the new appropriate location

hi,
i am in trouble trying to switch to MQnext.
First step is ok, legacy installed in D:\MQ2 and and next installed in D:\MQ2NEXT.

Second step, migration:
- I downloaded macroquestMigrator.zip, unziped in D:\
- I right click on macroquestMigrator.ps1 and choose run with PowerShell
- PowerShell icon appear in my toolbar and... nothing more.

So i ran Windows PowerShell ISE by right click on powershell icon on my toolbar
In PowerShell, i opened macroquestMigrator.ps1 and ran it.
Result:
http://prntscr.com/268y1mi

so i launched https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=135170... = incomprehensible for me.

I m not an IT engineer so is it possible to have a tool to switch to MQ2Next for dummies pls?

Hey everyone haven't posted in a while as I kept getting in trouble for posting in wrong spots ... I am 95% sure this is right spot for these questions: Guessing I must finally move from MQ2 to MQNext but being that I do not understand computer stuff and do not want to install incorrectly. How do I make new directory for MQNext ? I am trying but failing to find the path to my MQ2 directory and not sure if MQNext needs to be close to MQ2 but not in if that makes any sense and someone has patience to help me.
just follow the installation guide.

it will make a new directory.

proximity does not matter.

what you don't want to do it force the launcher to install next into your old mq2 directory, which you would have to specifically tell it to do. so don't do that and you will be fine.

it will make a new directory.

what you don't want to do it force the launcher to install next into your old mq2 directory, which you would have to specifically tell it to do. so don't do that and you will be fine.
Just do a manual adjustment...here's a demo
computer GIF

@Labagarre i already replied to you here, please don't delete and repost the exact same thing in other places.

regarding your question:

it will make a new directory. once the directory is made, use the migrator to migrate your mq2 stuff to the next install you just created

I have no problem with directory.
I have my old MQ2 in d:\MQ2
old (live)

I have MQnext in d:\mq2next
MQnext directory

my problem come from "THE MIGRATOR", so i tried to move my post to the good place:
my post should be here

So can you move my previous post to the good post pls.
the problem was you already had folks answering you, then you just deleted, and reposted the copy pasta with flagrant disregard for the folks who took time to answer you.

sure i'll move your post.

please ensure you're reading the responses.

I don't speak French but that's an execution policy error. You can skip it by running it like:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File D:\MacroQuestMigrator.ps1

Software MacroQuest Migrator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back