• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - KissAssist Rogue Ambush line . Also, MQ2Rogue inquiry. (1 Viewer)

BigPoppa

RedCents
232¢
Hi All!

Unsure if this is the right place for this or if the KissAssist Support thread is more appropriate but I have hot wings and even hotter questions.

TL/DR Version:
  1. I'm using KissAssist to drive a rogue and I don't see the Ambush line going off (he's 65 now, so the skill is called Kyv Strike).
  2. I see a Plugin called MQ2Rogue - I'm unsure where to read up on this. Does this play well if your other characters are using KissAsssist + Dannet? If it's different entirely, what is best? KissAssist or MQ2Class?
  3. Should I go rogue or zerker for that specific DPS spot and why?

Longer Version:
Issue 1:
I've made some tweaks, I now see ambush work maybe 10% of the time. Very often it does not fire, though once the rogue is In combat, I see "you need to be hidden" message being spammed as it attempts to mash the command.

Here is (what I believe) the relevant KissAssist info is:
KissAssistVer=12.002
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=80
MedStop=100
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
EQBCOn=0
DanNetOn=1
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Rogue|68|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=0
ScatterOn=1
LOSBeforeCombat=0
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll behind 10 moveback uw
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=2
TargetSwitchingOn=0
AutoHide=1
PetTauntOverride=0

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Kyv Strike|100|MASH

Is there something I should change / adapt to increase the odds of the Rogue using the Skill before engaging and ensuring that he Hides/Sneaks for at least 3 seconds prior to mashing the button?

Issue 2:
In the Plugin Manager, I see something called MQ2Rogue. I'm sure it's in plain sight on this Website somewhere, but I didn't locate it. Is this plugin compatible with KissAssist? Or is it a 1 or the other type of thing? Does it solve the Ambush problem?

Issue 3:
What is better to have as my little melee monkey? A rogue or a Zerker? I drive an SK.

Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

You should post a kiss assist support question in the kiss assist thread and make a separate thread about MQ2 rogue. Provided to link above for the CWTN plugins there are videos for all of them as well as guides on how to use them. Yes they were just fine with other tunes running different automation or running no automation etc. To watch the how I move my tooms v
ideo you will see that demonstrated.

Hi All!

Unsure if this is the right place for this or if the KissAssist Support thread is more appropriate but I have hot wings and even hotter questions.

TL/DR Version:
  1. I'm using KissAssist to drive a rogue and I don't see the Ambush line going off (he's 65 now, so the skill is called Kyv Strike).
  2. I see a Plugin called MQ2Rogue - I'm unsure where to read up on this. Does this play well if your other characters are using KissAsssist + Dannet? If it's different entirely, what is best? KissAssist or MQ2Class?

Longer Version:
Issue 1:
I've made some tweaks, I now see ambush work maybe 10% of the time. Very often it does not fire, though once the rogue is In combat, I see "you need to be hidden" message being spammed as it attempts to mash the command.

KissAssistVer=12.002
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=80
MedStop=100
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
EQBCOn=0
DanNetOn=1
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Rogue|68|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=0
ScatterOn=1
LOSBeforeCombat=0
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=2
TargetSwitchingOn=0
AutoHide=1
PetTauntOverride=0

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Kyv Strike|100|MASH

Is there something I should change / adapt to increase the odds of the Rogue using the Skill before engaging and ensuring that he Hides/Sneaks for at least 3 seconds prior to mashing the button?

Issue 2:
In the Plugin Manager, I see something called MQ2Rogue. I'm sure it's in plain sight on this Website somewhere, but I didn't locate it. Is this plugin compatible with KissAssist? Or is it a 1 or the other type of thing? Does it solve the Ambush problem?

Issue 3:
What is better to have as my little melee monkey? A rogue or a Zerker? I drive an SK.

INI:
Spell/AA/Ability|MobHealth%|ambush

This tag is used to Tell the DPS section what to do before attacking. Can be used on all Melee characters not just the Tank.
Only supports 5 entries, This will replace the BeforeCombat in the Melee section.
Example: DPS1=Slap in the face|99|ambush

Hi All!

TL/DR Version:

Longer Version:
Issue 1:

KissAssistVer=12.002
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=80
MedStop=100
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
CorpseRecoveryOn=0
EQBCOn=0
DanNetOn=1
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Rogue|68|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=0
ScatterOn=1
LOSBeforeCombat=0
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=2
TargetSwitchingOn=0
AutoHide=1
PetTauntOverride=0

[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Kyv Strike|100|MASH

Issue 2:

Issue 3:
This is something that I've looked at with KissAssist, and I don't believe you can do it consistently out of the box.
Basically, you have to Sneak then Hide (or SoS), then get behind the mob, wait ..., then activate the Ambush type Disc.

Best bet, if you want to use KissAssist, is either use LeRogue for the combat parts (and turn off the melee / dps sections of kissassist), though level 68 is likely a bit low for that Lua, or create a custom action using /mycmd.
It may be that someone has already created a /mycmd custom action for a rogue, but I've not seen it published.

Thank you all! Answering on my phone while my little guy gets a haircut so I apologize for any missed info/ Grammer or spelling errors.

@psymorph appreciate the short and sweet! I'll review the provided link, thank you very much!

@Sic thank you! I appreciate your patience still learning which forms are best for which inquiry.

Also, I didn't realize MQ2ClassName was the same as CWTN Plugins! I've seen some of the videos about that and they look amazing. Thank you!

@Dragonslayer and @Naturesong , thank you!

I'm not bought into any 1 solution yet, still very new and Kissassist was the first set of YouTube videos I came across so I focused in on those.

Thank you for the suggestion of Lerogue! I'll review the URL and consider it and MQ2.

@Sic I'm excited to watch those videos tonight, thank you!

Question - KissAssist Rogue Ambush line . Also, MQ2Rogue inquiry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back