• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Just starting (1 Viewer)

welcome to rg

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

and check out
> Framelimiter < built-in to macroquest

hello all . Any advice if welcome. Watching the youtube videos now
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I might have as well have been new to EQ.

Discovering MQ2 was a gamechanger and I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

hello all . Any advice if welcome. Watching the youtube videos now
It will seem like a mountain of info to get thru but the videos really help and everyone is great at answering questions and offering suggestions.

The one thing I like to point out are Red Cents. "You can earn "RedCents" by posting helpful content, which can then be spent on higher levels of membership. Earn your way to level 2 for free!"

Basically if you post something helpful, funny or of interest then others will give you Red Cents (10 each time) so you can see how quickly you can add up the 50 Red Cents for a month sub.

And you can also give Red Cent to posts that in turn you find helpful etc. It does not take away from your total but you also earn a few for giving them out also.

Welcome!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG!

Watch the vids in Sic's signature and then mess around with Kissassist, RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins. Lots of info and videos on them here and a super helpful community when you get stuck.

I suggest taking the toons somewhere safe and lower level at first to get your feet wet and explore the automation options. You can also /testcopy and use the cwtn plugins there for free.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Trust me when I say, this community makes the game great again.

Welcome! Pretty new myself :) It's a steep learning curve for the first day or so but once you get going you won't look back! If you have the spare cash I *highly* recommend the CWTN (chat with this name) plug ins! The Eskay and Shaman ones in particular are absolutely amazing. I can't imagine the work that went in to these.

Find them Here > Plugins With some handy videos to see what they do :)

Good luck!

robin williams hello GIF

Last edited:
Welcome! Watch the starter videos and ask questions. The folks here are super helpful.

Welcome! Pretty new myself :) It's a steep learning curve for the first day or so but once you get going you won't look back! If you have the spare cash I *highly* recommend the CWTN (chat with this name) plug ins! The Eskay and Shaman ones in particular are absolutely amazing. I can't imagine the work that went in to these.

Find them Here > Plugins With some handy videos to see what they do :)

Good luck!

robin williams hello GIF
^^
This - 100% this. The plug-ins are worth the small yearly license fee easily

welcome to rg

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

and check out
> Framelimiter < built-in to macroquest
I got the MQ2 Shaman. That is a god send. Thank you.

Discussion - Just starting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back