• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Jan 2024 Patch Update (test 9th, live 17th) (1 Viewer)

My eyes hurt with this new incredibly low brightness/ contrast/ gamma/ setup.. Incredibly frustrating. Any tips to get some of the love back besides maxing out Enhance vision? I'm running out of things to try

First try your video driver settings, ie, nvida has an app that gets installed when you put them in, and you can go into the nvidia settings and adjust Gamma for either Everything or just for EQ.
Second, windows in the control panel has a video setting adjustment where you can adjust gamma there also
Third almost all monitors have a gamma adjustment via their control panels using the buttons on the monitor.
Hope one of those helps.

My eyes hurt with this new incredibly low brightness/ contrast/ gamma/ setup.. Incredibly frustrating. Any tips to get some of the love back besides maxing out Enhance vision? I'm running out of things to try
I went into my windows display settings ( seems to only happen on win11 on my boxes) and toggle " night light" on and off and it fixed my gamma issue.

To do this in windows 11... go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties for Display 1 > Color Management > Advanced tab. From there, you can adjust the contrast and gamma settings to your liking. Please note, this feature depends on the graphic card your computer has, so it can vary

To do this in windows 11... go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties for Display 1 > Color Management > Advanced tab. From there, you can adjust the contrast and gamma settings to your liking. Please note, this feature depends on the graphic card your computer has, so it can vary
Money dude! I was trying to remember this from memory. TY!!!

On a PC there are so many things to try...I tried Bogreaper's suggestion but mine doesn't have the sliders in there. There are several things you can do - here is what my game looks like post-patch AND it doesnt kill the gamma on my desktop if I properly log out with a camp desktop. Previously I had to use the task manager to kill them and not mess up my desktop gamma.

I have HDR "ON" in Windows, the Enhance Vision set to 100 in game and I have custom NVidia settings for the eq executable. This is a snip from a pic on my phone, and only one side of my screen it actually looks better than this pic. The camera jsut has issue focusing with the big curve on the monitor. In game so far I am not getting blinded by things and it isnt too dark now either.

1705545630637.png

In Game there is the new "Enhance Vision" slider in the Options window. That makes a nice difference.

If you have NVidia you can do this (I recommend you do):
1705544746247.png

You also have this gamma setting here if you want, I leave mine in reference mode though.

1705545898874.png

C'mon guys, go do something else while waiting for the MQ update. I am sure any sort of comment that points to the feeling of "OMG hurrrrryyy up GAWD!", comes across as ungrateful. And I am sure I speak for the entire forum when I say, we are ALL grateful for the work the guys put in for MQ and tools.

Hello all, new to the community, just went through my first major update, anyone else having all of the MQ chatter go straight to main chat? I have tried moving "all" filters to a different window and still no change.

1705562560301.png
Using the all for spells does not select any of the DD DoT or Healing things, have to go into that one and hit all, or whatever you want it set to

I am using windows 10 (for some reason my comp/Microsoft won't allow me to DL Windows 11). The low brightness/contrast/gamma setup is now terrible. I have moved the bar to 100% on Enhance Vision but it did not help. I adjusted the Nvidia settings posted bhere by Magesrock but it did not help either. Anyone have a fix for this?

Patch - Jan 2024 Patch Update (test 9th, live 17th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back