• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - item I cant find blocking mod rods (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,516¢
I cannot find the item that's giving me a duplicate lore item error when my mage summons my wizard mod rods (radiant modulation shard). I DO NOT have a mod rod or rod of transvergence in my inventory, houses, guildhall, etc. Are there items that share a lore group with Mod rods? Ive searched the find tool item by item several times and I cant figure out what is blocking it. Ive also camped several times.

Here are the item IDs for mod rods
INI:
79320, // Small Moduating Shard
79321, // Medium Modulating Shard
79322, // Large Modulating Shard
79497, // Giant Modulating Shard
79498, // Glowing Modulating Shard
81687 // Radiant Modulating Shard

here are the item IDs for elemental shards
INI:
52800, // Elemental Shard
85487, // Ether-Fused Shard
52658, // Elemental Ice Fragment
52712, // Elemental Ice Fragment
52820, // Elemental Ice Fragment
52659, // Elemental Ice Shard
52713, // Elemental Ice Shard
 52821, // Elemental Ice Shard
52657, // Elemental Ice Sliver
52711, // Elemental Ice Sliver
52819, // Elemental Ice Sliver
64954, // Frostrift Fragment
64955, // Frostrift Shard
64953, // Frostrift Sliver
41167, // Frostbound Sliver
76504, // Icebound Sliver
76505, // Icebound Fragment
76506, // Icebound Shard
57266, // Spectral Ice Sliver
57267, // Spectral Ice Fragment
57268, // Spectral Ice Shard
 82885  // Void Shard

dont forget to check housing and your dragon's hoard

Here are the item IDs for mod rods
INI:
79320, // Small Moduating Shard
79321, // Medium Modulating Shard
79322, // Large Modulating Shard
79497, // Giant Modulating Shard
79498, // Glowing Modulating Shard
81687 // Radiant Modulating Shard

here are the item IDs for elemental shards
INI:
52800, // Elemental Shard
85487, // Ether-Fused Shard
52658, // Elemental Ice Fragment
52712, // Elemental Ice Fragment
52820, // Elemental Ice Fragment
52659, // Elemental Ice Shard
52713, // Elemental Ice Shard
52821, // Elemental Ice Shard
52657, // Elemental Ice Sliver
52711, // Elemental Ice Sliver
52819, // Elemental Ice Sliver
64954, // Frostrift Fragment
64955, // Frostrift Shard
64953, // Frostrift Sliver
41167, // Frostbound Sliver
76504, // Icebound Sliver
76505, // Icebound Fragment
76506, // Icebound Shard
57266, // Spectral Ice Sliver
57267, // Spectral Ice Fragment
57268, // Spectral Ice Shard
82885  // Void Shard

dont forget to check housing and your dragon's hoard

With my bank open, dragon hoard open, in my guildhall, searched in find for shard, fragment, sliver, rod, modu, and a couple other searches and found nothing.

If you ever put something in someone else's housing plot, you'd be unable to search it (because it's not your plot) but are still bound by the lore requirements. This made for a great troll once where my friend shares his login info with a couple guildies. We took all his gear, unequipped it and put it in some random housing plot where he'd never find it.

I cannot find the item that's giving me a duplicate lore item error when my mage summons my wizard mod rods (radiant modulation shard). I DO NOT have a mod rod or rod of transvergence in my inventory, houses, guildhall, etc. Are there items that share a lore group with Mod rods? Ive searched the find tool item by item several times and I cant figure out what is blocking it. Ive also camped several times.
Simple way to do it is go get one of each type of mod rod, and lay them on a table in your house. ... Never have to deal with one showing up on your cursor again since they are lore.

I didn't see any real estate listed, does it not show real estate or you just don't have any? tho that should show up in your find item list anyhow
Yes, we have to run a separate out put file command for real estate which will only show items we own in plots/houses we own.

Most likely it was put on the wall in Guild Hall or someone else's house. They make nice wall decorations.

It may be a time consuming issue to find it but if you have a Guild Hall then check there - stand on guild plot and look under items. Then you might have to go to each plot your friends own or in your guild neighborhood and check items but if you don't have access they will show up blank. That can be a help since you had to have access to place it in someone else's house/plot to begin with.

Yes, we have to run a separate out put file command for real estate which will only show items we own in plots/houses we own.

Most likely it was put on the wall in Guild Hall or someone else's house. They make nice wall decorations.

It may be a time consuming issue to find it but if you have a Guild Hall then check there - stand on guild plot and look under items. Then you might have to go to each plot your friends own or in your guild neighborhood and check items but if you don't have access they will show up blank. That can be a help since you had to have access to place it in someone else's house/plot to begin with.
Not that bad.

Go to the gate in lobby, click the my items button
Now you will have a listing of every neighborhood you need to check
Zone into each one, go to the eye/spring. click my items again
Now you will have a listing of every property you need to check

At least this way you are not checking properties needlessly.

I know this is a old thread but this happened to me yesterday and it was driving me nuts, but I solved mine after a full day of trying to figure it out and this thread and others helped me solve mine.

I searched and searched the 2 houses I had and the Guild Hall Estate looking everywhere. Yes I did the show item thing on the house menus and nothing, also tried using find and nothing. Turns out I found it on the door to a friends house, you could not see it but when I did a show items on their door there it was and was able to retrieve it back into my inventory and fixed my issue. Good luck if you been near a bunch of other houses, I only had 4 I knew I was near to pick through and only after a ton of headache did I think wait a minute what about my Guildy's house he just put down.

Anyways good luck if anyone else has this issue.

I know this is a old thread but this happened to me yesterday and it was driving me nuts, but I solved mine after a full day of trying to figure it out and this thread and others helped me solve mine.

I searched and searched the 2 houses I had and the Guild Hall Estate looking everywhere. Yes I did the show item thing on the house menus and nothing, also tried using find and nothing. Turns out I found it on the door to a friends house, you could not see it but when I did a show items on their door there it was and was able to retrieve it back into my inventory and fixed my issue. Good luck if you been near a bunch of other houses, I only had 4 I knew I was near to pick through and only after a ton of headache did I think wait a minute what about my Guildy's house he just put down.

one other thing you can do.. if you have an idea what neighbourhood its in, and you have done like you did, placed or dumped items in someone other than your own plot.. you can go to the spring thing near the entrance, click on that, then select "my items" instead of "my plots" .. that will show you all the plots in the neighbourhood that your items are sitting on.. at least at that point you can start narrowing it down, since as you found out, your items on OTHER ppl's plots dont show up in find items..

one other thing you can do.. if you have an idea what neighbourhood its in, and you have done like you did, placed or dumped items in someone other than your own plot.. you can go to the spring thing near the entrance, click on that, then select "my items" instead of "my plots" .. that will show you all the plots in the neighbourhood that your items are sitting on.. at least at that point you can start narrowing it down, since as you found out, your items on OTHER ppl's plots dont show up in find items..

I ha a similar issue and found it in the guild hall simply by using Shift I. It lists all items in the hall and you can search by toon name. There was the rod.

OH Thanks, I did not know that and this is very helpful :)

I ha a similar issue and found it in the guild hall simply by using Shift I. It lists all items in the hall and you can search by toon name. There was the rod.

Sweet, thank you.

I had this problem today on my 124 Mage. The only thing that fixed it was zoning into the Grand Guild Hall. The mage stopped casting the Radiant Modulation Shard once I zoned in. Weird!! BTW, I have no house, nor did I have a mod rod anywhere.

EDIT: I am using MQ2 Mage, which is awesome btw. I love it.

Last edited:
Request - item I cant find blocking mod rods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back