• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is TBL confirmed to unlock this patch? (1 Viewer)

eqmzr06

RedCents
270¢
I might be behind on the latest news, but has anyone heard any confirmation that The Burning Lands expansion will be unlocked this patch for players that don't have CoV?

I might be behind on the latest news, but has anyone heard any confirmation that The Burning Lands expansion will be unlocked this patch for players that don't have CoV?
No
If I did not explain this clearly - the next time a F2P expansion should be unlocked is when the next level increase expansion launches. The current policy is to unlock up to the previous expansion cap, not up to and including all expansions that occur at that level. This is very generous.
niente, Wednesday at 1:47 AM

ahh, it's tied to level cap.
It's not technically tied to anything (unlike the autogrant AA's, which is automated to be 4 expansions back). They manually make the decision when to make an expansion f2p, it's just usually they make that decision based on level caps.

Its kinda stupid imo. Phinigel is/was a progression server and TBL has unlocked there, atleast according to the calendar.

So live is now after live servers?

its about unlocking FREE TO PLAY access to diff expansions not just access to an expansion by a progression server

If I did not explain this clearly - the next time a F2P expansion should be unlocked is when the next level increase expansion launches. The current policy is to unlock up to the previous expansion cap, not up to and including all expansions that occur at that level. This is very generous.
niente, Wednesday at 1:47 AM
Burnings Lands IS up to the last expansions level cap... Am I missing something here?

Studio was just sold, acquiring company isn't giving any handouts at this time...move along...hehehe

yeah thats the way i read it as well.. for the amount of times that was asked in forums, it's definitely at the point of flogging a dead horse...

Basically if next expansion is a level raise to 120, THEN TBL and ToV would unlock, but not CoV. Then after a few more expansions, when it gets raised to 125 then CoV and whatever expansion raised it to 120 would go FTP. Or in other words - You get 'caught up to' the last one that raised the level after it's no longer the maximum level anymore - but you don't get the ones that were the same level until they're 2 deviations behind on the cap.

Question - Is TBL confirmed to unlock this patch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back