• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Im Going All In! (1 Viewer)

Blake2234

RedCents
214¢
Hello fellow EQer's, a friend got me to play EQ on project99 blue again after 15+years. Started when I was 12 back in the good ol days. I remember alot of nights after school spent in Blackburrow and Qeynos. I dont remember what level I ever reached though :(. Now hes not really playing anymore. I've reached the small lvl of 31 on a enchanter. Now I find myself wanting to give my hand at multiboxing (total noob at it) since its kinda hard to get groups that are not all twinked out. Im also wanted to see alot of the custom content they added to project laz. Ive got to give a shoutout to Doc Legendary too since its his videos that led me to you guys.

So im here to asking for recommended plugins and settings. I'll be watching most of the new user guides to help out here. But if someone has a small tid bit to add. Feel free to give all the help you can. For example if theres a buried video that would help, share away.
Not sure how much I'll be able to help the community in the beginning. But im sure that once I get the hang of it. I'll be able to add some of my own flar of tweaking that I will share.

As a sidenote.. Im sure I'll find out just by looking but any recomendations for 6box classes? I now I want a mage or 2 in there and a healer. Just not sure what would be a beginner friendly comp while learning the plugins.. Guess I will find out soon.

Thanks in advance!

First and foremost, welcome to Redguides. Second off, you'll want to be level 2 to utilize Macroquest from redguides.

I can't really speak for EMU so I'll let someone more versed in EMU handle that.

First and foremost, welcome to Redguides. Second off, you'll want to be level 2 to utilize Macroquest from redguides.

I can't really speak for EMU so I'll let someone more versed in EMU handle that.
Thanks. I'll be getting it in a few days. Still doing alittle digging on guides and videos on Redguides and youtube.

Welcome to RG. I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here and someone will have knowledge on project99 I'm sure.

Welcome! I've just made the leap into RedGuides recently myself. The tools are great and I can't recommend them enough. I play on live and I went from a middle-skill 3-boxer who could kind of do some stuff sometimes to crushing missions and plowing through content I hadn't been able to do before. Now I play on my own terms rather than waiting for groups or trying to backfill open spots with folks who may have different goals or timelines than I do.
I don't know much about EMUs, but I wish you the best of luck getting started!

Hello fellow EQer's, a friend got me to play EQ on project99 blue again after 15+years. Started when I was 12 back in the good ol days. I remember alot of nights after school spent in Blackburrow and Qeynos. I dont remember what level I ever reached though :(. Now hes not really playing anymore. I've reached the small lvl of 31 on a enchanter. Now I find myself wanting to give my hand at multiboxing (total noob at it) since its kinda hard to get groups that are not all twinked out. Im also wanted to see alot of the custom content they added to project laz. Ive got to give a shoutout to Doc Legendary too since its his videos that led me to you guys.

So im here to asking for recommended plugins and settings. I'll be watching most of the new user guides to help out here. But if someone has a small tid bit to add. Feel free to give all the help you can. For example if theres a buried video that would help, share away.
Not sure how much I'll be able to help the community in the beginning. But im sure that once I get the hang of it. I'll be able to add some of my own flar of tweaking that I will share.

As a sidenote.. Im sure I'll find out just by looking but any recomendations for 6box classes? I now I want a mage or 2 in there and a healer. Just not sure what would be a beginner friendly comp while learning the plugins.. Guess I will find out soon.

Thanks in advance!
welcome to redguides!

definitely make sure to start with the new user videos to get a "footing"

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Congrats! Feels so good right?
I got him in 2 yesterday and was blown away. I thought *that* was amazing.

Then this happened. It was great. I can run Velks and EW in about 20 mins total. I couldn't run Velks at all two weeks ago.

Now I'm working on my second zerk to replace my dps merc.

And I'm about [__] far away from getting Grind... ugh. Why is this stuff so helpful and useful? LOL

It will come soon enough. Because of this community, I can run Grik, Velk, Storm Boars, Shei and Zland in less than an hour without a burn =)

AA's getting capped on this crew, so time to learn the other ToL raids since most are in NoS (I'm waiting to purchase). Low key in ToL on my server may now be possible.

EDIT - I know this pales in comparison to what many here can do, but it feels good when you only get a couple hours a night a few days a week to play.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the helpful links and all the welcome messeges.

Project Lazarus is great fun. Good place to learn to 6 box.
I really do hope so. I haven't started yet. But I'll be setting up the clients tonight :D!
welcome to redguides!

definitely make sure to start with the new user videos to get a "footing"

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Sic those are some good videos for getting started. Thanks for sharing them. Was up way later than I should have been just binge watching them and the rewinding and watching parts of it multiple times lol.

Btw I dont see a way to Redcent someone's post to repay all the helpfull things that have been shared.

Thank you everyone for the helpful links and all the welcome messeges.

I really do hope so. I haven't started yet. But I'll be setting up the clients tonight :D!

Sic those are some good videos for getting started. Thanks for sharing them. Was up way later than I should have been just binge watching them and the rewinding and watching parts of it multiple times lol.

Btw I dont see a way to Redcent someone's post to repay all the helpfull things that have been shared.
Need lvl 2 to give redcent

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Hey, I'm new to Red Guides too. Just subscribed myself and I play on Project Lazarus too. Let me save you a little frustration up front. After you install the Redguide launcher, when you go to install Very Vanilla, be sure to pick "Emu Servers" from the drop down list at the top right. "Macroquest - Live" will not work with Project Lazarus! The Emu Server version absolutely will.

When you get to the autologin part, You'll want to add this to your MQ2Autologin.ini file in the config folder:

[Servers]
Project Lazarus=[] Project Lazarus

This probably doesn't mean a lot just yet but I promise it will.. I don't know much as I'm still struggling my way through the first steps.. But I hope this helps! Bot on my friend!

Hey, I'm new to Red Guides too. Just subscribed myself and I play on Project Lazarus too. Let me save you a little frustration up front. After you install the Redguide launcher, when you go to install Very Vanilla, be sure to pick "Emu Servers" from the drop down list at the top right. "Macroquest - Live" will not work with Project Lazarus! The Emu Server version absolutely will.

When you get to the autologin part, You'll want to add this to your MQ2Autologin.ini file in the config folder:

[Servers]
Project Lazarus=[] Project Lazarus

This probably doesn't mean a lot just yet but I promise it will.. I don't know much as I'm still struggling my way through the first steps.. But I hope this helps! Bot on my friend!
I now understand the struggle. But im still on that bus though. So are you using the Redguide Launcher with the macroquest set to Emu Servers? im following the guide for the Auto login, but I cant find the short name to add into the gui window for setting up profiles.
1673714443466.png
I have tried both Project Lazarus and [] project lazarus
when I do the [] Project Lazarus it fails to even get to the server list ingame.

So will I just need to use https://www.lazaruseq.com/Wiki/index.php/MQ2_+_E3 guide and edit the MQ2Autologin.ini? and then create the .bat file to launch the group im trying to use?

If you look in the EMU sections here, there is a great discussion with Brainiac, AQO and Sic, how to get emu autologin working, and if errors, the most likely cause.

I now understand the struggle. But im still on that bus though. So are you using the Redguide Launcher with the macroquest set to Emu Servers? im following the guide for the Auto login, but I cant find the short name to add into the gui window for setting up profiles.
View attachment 45187
I have tried both Project Lazarus and [] project lazarus
when I do the [] Project Lazarus it fails to even get to the server list ingame.

So will I just need to use https://www.lazaruseq.com/Wiki/index.php/MQ2_+_E3 guide and edit the MQ2Autologin.ini? and then create the .bat file to launch the group im trying to use?

haha Yeah this killed me for a bit too! But I did get it to work.

In your Config folder, open Mq2Autologin.ini and make sure you have this:

[Servers]
Project Lazarus=Project Lazarus

In your game install folder (where your actual EQ client is) you should have a file named eqhost.txt open it, and change it to

[LoginServer]
Host=login.projecteq.net:5999

In your screenshot, in the field under password where it asks for Sever: put in "project lazarus" (no quotes, just the words).

This combination should get you rolling!

haha Yeah this killed me for a bit too! But I did get it to work.

In your Config folder, open Mq2Autologin.ini and make sure you have this:

[Servers]
Project Lazarus=Project Lazarus

In your game install folder (where your actual EQ client is) you should have a file named eqhost.txt open it, and change it to

[LoginServer]
Host=login.projecteq.net:5999

In your screenshot, in the field under password where it asks for Sever: put in "project lazarus" (no quotes, just the words).

This combination should get you rolling!

Confirmed, this worked for me! THANKS!

Discussion - Im Going All In!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back