• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Ice encrusted Drops - Chase loot (1 Viewer)

sl00tx

RedCents
294¢
So, I've been going at it for over a month just killing all night long, afk`n for 23 hours of the day killing shit. I've gotten 3-4 ice encrusted drops, 1 off a shard wurm the other 3 where random ass mobs while camping ores next too windchill - Anyone have a better spot then this? Some people have multiple items for sale every day that i scratch my head because i see their afk boxs out all day long moving all over the map- I feel like if you just pull random ass trash your percentages are higher then sitting at say sleepers aug camp or bellas aug camp....

I believe the the % chance is equal no matter where you are. I would focus on an out of the way camp that you can pull lots of trash to. I’d be super nervous about afking in ToV at all, but especially near a named mob. Do people not creep on you all the time/send you tells?

No, I`m on FV - theres a guy right now at the bolman camp afk with 30 toons pulling half the zone, been there for 15+ hours.

View attachment 21186

this is so stupid ... it’s obvious to anyone who wanders by and EVERYONE who uses mq and can look on the map what is happening here. Split your toons up into smaller groups and spread them out for Christ sake.

Here's just my personal experience running pretty hardcore since beginning of the year: I get one about every 48-72hrs killing nonstop. Once a month roughly I'll get 2 in a day.

The pattern I've noticed, at least where I'm at, is right before I get an ice encrusted piece I start getting uncommon drops for the area I'm in, like ornaments or those Extra Planar Shards. It's never failed yet but once I start noticing random drops like that usually within 4-6 hours there's one in my bags.

I'm not sure if some are more common or if it's my luck, but I've only got the same 5-6 pieces to drop...but many times.

Also, this is killing total junk mobs I'm nowhere near a named.

Unless anything was changed in code, it's 1 out of 5500 chance from any mob that gives standard exp. If you're in an instance it's about 10x times more rare. It's a separate calc from all other loot, so you'll get no indicator from mobs loot tables.

So in general you want to work on your kills-per-hour first and can use mq2killtracker. Try to min/max out your ini/macro/plugin settings for the rate you're killing. Can you get your DPS toons engaged faster? Can you trim some higher mana/end cost stuff to reduce med downtime for problem toons? Can you boost your use of "burn" stuff instead of saving it for rare named? Is it time to replace a toon that's not providing as much synergy for a caster or melee group? Can you move to a camp where headshot/assasinate will land? Turn on undead DPS on cleric? Melee with all toons?

Mob health matters too. Kills per hour on giants/golems will be slower.

Then you want to work on pulls-per-hour. This is largely about camp loc. Good line of sight for shorter runs, good use of ranged pulls, seeing if chainpull helps or hurts. If mobs tend to "clump" via spawn point or pathing, this can help too as you'll get multi-mob pulls for free.

With all that, there is still a pretty big safety bonus to staying out of the way if you can find a less popular spot instead of the max kills spot.

Like others mentioned it's not just how many hours you are afking, it's how many mobs you kill in that time. Back when I was AFKing Dead Hills during CoTF-TBMish eras, my initial settings on my boxes had me killing around 180 mobs/hour, but after a lot of tuning and searching for an optimal camp location that was still out of the way I was killing 290mobs/hour, which brought in a proportional increase in chase loot drops.

Still, being in an out of the way area instead of a desirable camp is more important. Even if people aren't reporting you and sending you tells, etc, they are probably dropping by hoping the camp is open and seeing you there 24/7 which will breed resentment. Safety aside, I really hate to impact other players in a negative way. If I am holding a desirable camp, I'm at the keyboard even if my chars are automated.

What are these actually trading at? Have any of you bought or sold Ice encrusted drops and what were you able to get for them?

wildly varies based on which item it is. I’ve seen 30 krono offers for the mage earring. Weapons can fetch 8-10, especially knight weapons, ranger bow, zerker 2HB. Non-visibles are a more modest 2-5 krono.

2-4 krono for almost everything, except maybe the pet earring.

They are hardly selling at all, I have seen folks drop everything aside from Tank / Knight type stuff and the EM earring down to 1-2 krono as 3kr + just auctions for days.

We just don't know whats coming, also the double ores from raids allowed all the raiding boxers to dump all of their chase loot at the end of summer, couple with the fact of alot of GD farm squads just have pulled out so much Chase this XPAC compared to any other its crazy.

Then again, we could get another XPAC like TBL where chase loot is just super rare and not as easy to farm as ToV , which will put the demand back on the Ice Encrusted.

Here's just my personal experience running pretty hardcore since beginning of the year: I get one about every 48-72hrs killing nonstop. Once a month roughly I'll get 2 in a day.

The pattern I've noticed, at least where I'm at, is right before I get an ice encrusted piece I start getting uncommon drops for the area I'm in, like ornaments or those Extra Planar Shards. It's never failed yet but once I start noticing random drops like that usually within 4-6 hours there's one in my bags.

I'm not sure if some are more common or if it's my luck, but I've only got the same 5-6 pieces to drop...but many times.

Also, this is killing total junk mobs I'm nowhere near a named.
I just got one 2 days ago and a couple hours before I got a planar shard drop. There might be something to this.

I personally believe certain mobs are placeholders per say to be allowed to drop the rares. I also believe the original algorithm that was used to determine drops on ultra rares was changed sometime after ultra rares were introduced. I saw alot more of the ultra rares in the prior expansions than now...and am doing nothing different than before. Just my 2 cents...

I found an Ice encrusted Earring (Brilliance) in gDivide during a quest .. and that was just on a trash zombie dwarf..

Right now I've been farming for 3 straight days 0 Ice enc..

just my two cents.. i have around 15 ice encrusted items found 95% of them at the entrance of cc from ew side... i have had others at other camps but thats where i get most of mine from

Strategy - Ice encrusted Drops - Chase loot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back