• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How long can this go on? (1 Viewer)

nebulous

RedCents
432¢
We're stuck, unable to play again tonight. Sure there are always going to be problems, but we have to admit that this is getting out of hand.

What I'm wondering is, how damaging is this to the game? Is EQ actively losing players? I certainly see a lot more leaving than returning.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the state of the game. It's not like I have anything better to do...

The servers themselves started dropping. Now they've pulled almost all them offline and locked them.

Anyone here that still plays World of Warcraft, I am wondering if Blizzard still gives you free "gold" time when they have unexpected downtime. Before I quit playing WoW back in like 2015 they almost always gave you some free time when downtime lasted longer than expected or they had to take down the servers unexpectadly on a day without down time.

I've noticed Daybreak never ever gives free time - no matter what the circumstance. I don't remember SoE giving much free time either... That whole 2 weeks where EQ was offline for the Playstation Trophy hack I don't even think we got free time for but I can't remember

allways people saying they will quit and stop their subs, every time a patch takes too long or unexpected downtime, even back in the glory times where game had 2500+ people on all servers people went i am gonna cancel my 2 subs, and people never did.
or they came back with next expansion.

yes eq is probably losing customers slowly, but the grown ups really have moreto do than just sitting bitching about servers being down, life teaches you these things, that things dont allways go the way you want it, and you accept that as you get older.

Thanks for the life lesson. I think there's a subtle difference between bitching about servers being down and being unhappy with Daybreak's recent performance.

oh absolutely, DBG has about the worst community sense i seen in years, even worse than sony did it.

and sure servers can go down, your routers and hardware out your contrrol cna go down.
but then you take to social media platform and inform your users, with as much openeness as you can, not that shit dbg does, 2 hours after servers broek down, we are investigating the reports of server instability... dude your servers are down! they broken! no connections!

just wait till new expansion launches, the madness will be worse. lol, and yet its been that over all the 20+ expansions and the users allways seems surprised.

2 hours after servers broek down, we are investigating the reports of server instability... dude your servers are down! they broken! no connections!

Their implication that maybe nothing is wrong may be the most infuriating part to me. It was also interesting to watch the server status on the home page never change to reflect servers being down or locked. What is that "refresh" button actually doing?

Discussion - How long can this go on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back