• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - History- why MQ2? What was MQ1? (1 Viewer)

Rusang

Learner of Many Things
RedCents
1,337¢
I cannot find any information on what MQ1 was. Is anybody around from MQ1 days you can give a quick history lesson for us? I tried searching the MQ2 website wiki but don't see it, unless I'm overlooking it.

I was researching EQ history and cannot find much no from the old days. Did it start with 2?

I cannot find any information on what MQ1 was. Is anybody around from MQ1 days you can give a quick history lesson for us? I tried searching the MQ2 website wiki but don't see it, unless I'm overlooking it.

I was researching EQ history and cannot find much no from the old days. Did it start with 2?

Has some early info if you scroll down

Hackersquest was also the home for ShowEQ. Ashran and Megaton used to run it. They also developed the first emulator for EQ.

Archive.org still has some of it available.

All the time I spent there, I never remember a mention of Macroquest. I remember the original Macroquest, but it wasn't from Hackersquest. I didn't know about it until after HQ closed.

Hackersquest was also the home for ShowEQ. Ashran and Megaton used to run it. They also developed the first emulator for EQ.

Archive.org still has some of it available.

All the time I spent there, I never remember a mention of Macroquest. I remember the original Macroquest, but it wasn't from Hackersquest. I didn't know about it until after HQ closed.

Oh man that website is soooo 1995

Man, I remember hackersquest. I used to constantly visit that site hoping all of the big talk turned into something useful. I missed macroquest though.

A loooong time ago there was some crazy capabilities I remember but could not remember if it was through original MQ customs or separate macro capability. Had abilities like force duel, where you could force a duel with someone and start wailing on them, could use a bank slot to pass No Trade items to other toons, and listen/chat into groups you were not grouped with. Obviously active stuff that could get you perma banned. Anyone recall those things?

Just brought up the memories of my chanter charming a mob in blackburrow, buffing him to the max and then turning him loose to watch him wipe everyone in the zone. lmao.. Oh the good old days. Then realized you could give a charmed mob a no drop item and then kill it and loot the item on a different toon.

Question - History- why MQ2? What was MQ1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back