• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Hi all New here - read if you are thinking about going lv2 (1 Viewer)

Killertoxin

RedCents
412¢
Hello all you redguide users.

Killertoxin here. I have been dancing around using this website and its paid software. I decided to take the plunge as I am now over 3 accounts and alt tabbing to multibox is for the birds if you are doing anything difficult. I have never used a 3rd party program such as this. I am still nervous about its use in game as my main account is 18 years old and dont want to see it banned and as the issue of "can you use it or not? is it a TOS violation?" is still decidedly a grey area. Untill DBG names it directly as a TOS Violation it will stay a grey area. That said I am very pleased with very vanilla, kissassist, and the rest of the mq2 stuff ive tried and how much nicer it has made playing EQ. It took about a day of giving it a serious look over and figuring out how to use it in game and fiddle with the .ini files. I suggest that you download the entire zone pack for the nav meshes and edit as needed to clean up and glitches you may find. I found some .ini files pre configured by a fellow named Sic (your awesome dude thanks for the hard work so the rest of us dont have to) I only had to make a few adjustments for personal tastes. If you are thinking about getting into this I would say go for it very well worth it. My takeaway is this:

1. go level 2
2. DL all the programs
3. watch/read the guides
4. get in game and enjoy yourself
5. keep its use to yourself and be at the keys when using.

Cheers!
K

Hello all you redguide users.

Killertoxin here. I have been dancing around using this website and its paid software. I decided to take the plunge as I am now over 3 accounts and alt tabbing to multibox is for the birds if you are doing anything difficult. I have never used a 3rd party program such as this. I am still nervous about its use in game as my main account is 18 years old and dont want to see it banned and as the issue of "can you use it or not? is it a TOS violation?" is still decidedly a grey area. Untill DBG names it directly as a TOS Violation it will stay a grey area. That said I am very pleased with very vanilla, kissassist, and the rest of the mq2 stuff ive tried and how much nicer it has made playing EQ. It took about a day of giving it a serious look over and figuring out how to use it in game and fiddle with the .ini files. I suggest that you download the entire zone pack for the nav meshes and edit as needed to clean up and glitches you may find. I found some .ini files pre configured by a fellow named Sic (your awesome dude thanks for the hard work so the rest of us dont have to) I only had to make a few adjustments for personal tastes. If you are thinking about getting into this I would say go for it very well worth it. My takeaway is this:

1. go level 2
2. DL all the programs
3. watch/read the guides
4. get in game and enjoy yourself
5. keep its use to yourself and be at the keys when using.

Cheers!
K
Hahaha

Thanks for the shoutout @Killertoxin - We're happy to have you and glad you're enjoying VeryVanilla.

but what about me! i make much better inis than sic! its true! i feel left out now... why you hurt me so!

this is the kind of fun and shenanigans we get up to too, the community is really great, and we have some awesomely helpful and nice people here.

Thanks for joining and glad you took the plunge! I've been hooked myself for a few months now. I can't help but reiterate #5 and if you're particularly worried, you can always on test where there's arguably less concern.

People will argue #5, but I still don't talk about my mq2/kissassist usage. Call it what you will, but I'm not taking chances that I'll run into an EQ vigilante hell bent on making my otherwise peaceful eq experience super shitty.

Thanks for the welcome =) I figured I'd make this post to help out those who like myself are skeptical about the software being worth it and the fear of using it ingame. Ive gotten over the first issue about the software and am still nervous about its use ingame, I hard unload the program when the proximity alert goes off and that resolves most of my worries. Right now I am using it to manage my 3 box team warrior, bard, cleric x3 rogue mercs. I was alt tabbing my way through RoS and EoK progression... I started using this and went from just getting by to roaring through it like Thanos.

Ive gotten over the first issue about the software and am still nervous about its use ingame
What we know based on experience is that the GMs are only looking for unattended players. They only come around looking if some other player has reported you, but if you are able to respond to the GM asking if you're "there", they bugger off. EQMule and Hollywindstalker did in fact have an agreement that MQ2 use would be allowed provided it was kept off Truebox TLP.
Twitch streaming, however, is verboten.

I would recommend this plugin as worth the effort to setup for everybody. Since it's in the private plugin section, and this post is in lvl1 I won't go into detail about it, but I find it invaluable since tabbing over to read an email, or going to the bathroom seems to send out a flare for people to try and talk to you at that moment.

Discussion - Hi all New here - read if you are thinking about going lv2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back