• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Happy Star Wars Day, May the Fourth be with YOU ! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,195¢
May The Fourth Be With You GIF by Star Wars

Hokey, irreverent, B level Science Fiction film.....and a world wide cultural dynamo. This silly little Sci-Fi movie changed so much...we all see movies today differently because of the changes this movie brought about. Almost all TV and movies have Visual Effects now, for good or bad. Most of us have grown up with this movie and its sequels, and if you like me, were impacted by its entrance into your young mind, I share with you a Happy Star Wars Day! Live Long and..oh wait thats another day..Shaz-Bot!

May The Fourth Be With You Star Wars GIF by Percolate Galactic

Back in the day when we got our first family computer, my dad and I thought we were so cool when we set the Windows startup and shutdown sounds to "What is thy bidding, my master?" and "the Force will be with you.. always." Super dorky in hindsight, but it obviously left a lasting memory so I guess the moral of this story is to do dorky things with your kids folks!

I've always hated these movies lol
I can 'kind of' agree...I hate that I like the original 3 so much, that it molded a lot of my likes for fantasy and Sci-Fi. I went to study VFX for Movies and TV in college and learned something...that I am a dum-dum. George Lucas, for all the joy he brought to me as a child, was not the guy who made me love Sci-Fi/Fantasy, he just popularized it. Ray Harryhausen was that man. I eventually got to meet Mr. Harryhausen and went on to teach at a University and see many of my students names in Pixar/Lucasfilm things now. But that great wonder that Lucas was able to bring as a child, the fight for good and evil, still resides in me and I can say its even a part of what connects me to EverQuest.

Star Wars is not as special to my kids, but they do have connection to it through me, I still get Star Wars gifts. Even crap I don;t like from the last 3 movies. My oldest is an adult now, and she tells her little sisters (7 and 6) about Dad loves Star Wars..so its what they know, besides "Baby Yoda" (merchandise). But ah well. Here is my little ones 3 years ago watching the appearance of Darth Vader, still a great movie moment:

Attachments

• 20230504_101626.jpg
    20230504_101626.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
I thought the storylines were better from 4-6, than 1-3. Just felt disjointed, and sporadic in the first 3. Had a hard time getting into the later ones as well with Rey.

Kylo Undercover Boss though - 5 out of 5 stars!

Posting this today, as I on the 4th we had Gym time after school for my kids and rush home to dinner and bedtime. So today we watched Star Wars (A New Hope) to 'celebrate'. Eh, I wish there was RoboCop Day. I celebrate that day every now and again, whoo!
Anywho, we watched the 'Despecialized' version. Love it. RAWR.

Posting this today, as I on the 4th we had Gym time after school for my kids and rush home to dinner and bedtime. So today we watched Star Wars (A New Hope) to 'celebrate'. Eh, I wish there was RoboCop Day. I celebrate that day every now and again, whoo!
Anywho, we watched the 'Despecialized' version. Love it. RAWR.
It's okay to post today, Revenge of the 6th.

RoboCop day is June 3rd.

IRL - Happy Star Wars Day, May the Fourth be with YOU !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back