• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group Suggestions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
362¢
I am looking to make a different group, I am looking for travel, puller, dps, mana regen, healer. Well rounded group, tryn to stay away from 3 berkers style FYI.. Hopen for diversity, thanks

IIRC you play on a EMU.. so the community from there can provided more direction, in modern live game, travel isnt a thing. If your going to play on live/test, grab a druid at later levels.. it covers 3 of the 5 >.> then the rest can be flavor of the week :)

I would quite honestly make a caster group and still keep the holy trinity.

SHD, CLR, ENC, MAG, DRU, X.

Covers your bases. The X is anything you want because it does not matter.

one of my groups i run a shm clr mage wiz war and mnk doing pretty well just no CC havent decided yet to replace the shm or clr for a cc person yet
shm and clr makes it VERY heal safe too, monk as puller, would be a new class thank you

Where X = Beastlord.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Bst also gives you some shaman buffs that would be nice, also hear they got some nice DPS, does cover all bases, druid is backup healer, and some dots, plus travel

I would quite honestly make a caster group and still keep the holy trinity.

SHD, CLR, ENC, MAG, DRU, X.

Covers your bases. The X is anything you want because it does not matter.
with the SK in the clr and dru should be able to keep him alive, last SK I played was squeezy, need AC I am sure, also learning more about how a SK tanks will help I am sure, thank you

one of my groups i run a shm clr mage wiz war and mnk doing pretty well just no CC havent decided yet to replace the shm or clr for a cc person yet

I run a Shm, Clr, War, Enc, Wiz, Rng right now, the DPS lacks, but I tell yah what, this group can kill anything, the respawn timer is the problem, in Vex the two named where you have to go threw the porter things, my group can't even kill, respawn wipes them every time, darn it

I am looking to make a different group, I am looking for travel, puller, dps, mana regen, healer. Well rounded group, tryn to stay away from 3 berkers style FYI.. Hopen for diversity, thanks
Thank you all again for the help, will try some of these out be safe

My favorite group of all time would is what I’m currently running. War, Clr, Bst, Ber, Rog and Brd. Great dps and good mix up of classes. If you wanted a caster you could drop the rogue or berserker for a mage and it would work well also.

Can depend on what you're planning on killing too.
I've been playing a lot of LDoN dungeons lately using the LDoN.mac. I have got to say doing the Mistmoore missions I made a group up of Pal, Shd, Clr, Clr, Nec and Shm. They were almost running through absolutely destroying the Undead and hardly needing med breaks at all. On high risk mode they usually finish a mission with about an hour to spare on the timer.
I know that's insanely healer heavy but sometimes it's nice to do something a bit crazy :D

There is no perfect group. Every composition you can come up with will be missing something or bad at something. Pick a tank, a healer, and some dps with at least one utility class and go to town. I personally tend to stick with shaman healers for melee heavy groups and cleric healers for casters. That said, my group make up is exactly what was listed above.

SK, cleric, druid, ench, mage, beast. I lack lock picking and easy corpse recovery. My dps is also not great, but it's manageable and I have enough utility to adapt to almost any location / mobs.

My other group is:

Pally, shaman, bard, ranger, berzerker, monk. No travel there, and I may eventually drop the ranger for a druid.. but for now I give up the easy travel for high speed running and holy $*@# dps.

Run what you like. My next group will be War/Cleric/xxxx but I haven't settled yet.

I don't want to ever do without a bard and a mage.
SK is the tank I choose, like many others here -but for a caster group I think a paladin would be great too. I don't know much about warriors but they seem to me to lack utility.
I think cleric is too much heal and not enough else for a group, so I chose a shaman most of the time. I have a max aa ftp cleric as a buff bot.
I also have a max aa ftp enchanter as a buff bot.
Both the SK and the Shaman are all access, but am considering dropping to silver on the shaman.
So after the core above of SK - Brd - Mage - Shaman, I am working with the following to take the last 2 spots: Bst, Mage (2 mages are good), Rog, Zerker, Ranger, Druid, Wizard, and I do at times still pull out a merc. My preference on the last 2 spots is the Beastlord and the 2nd mage, but want to give some love the druid - it just sux in group so hard. Maybe need to run a 2nd group (xtar) with the buff bots and the druid once I get the druid levels and aa done.

I do WAR, CLR/SHM (usually running the SHM unless serious healing is needed), BRD, BER, ROG, MNK and am pretty happy with it, definitely never been any group content I couldnt do with relative ease.

There is some pretty handy utility with the ROG and the MNK and the BRD is incredible for ADPS. I keep a pocket ENC for crazy CC situations and it makes me cry when I see my Melee DPS without the BRD.

I will say, I made the WAR originally just because of a pure "perception" in my mind that Warriors were the literal ultimate tank of EQ. But, I think I may agree with @ddwiseman1 that they may be missing the utility of a PAL or SHD. I honestly just don't know because I haven't played anything other than the WAR.

The only benefit I see of choosing war and monk over sk is that you can pull early if you drive the monk to basically eliminate wait time. With the SK you want to wait for the mob to die. Shm instead of clr at higher levels due to utility. The rest is preference.

Wiz, Enchanter, Cleric, 3 mages. You win!
Magic GIF by The Paley Center for Media
Magic Fingers Family GIF
will arnett magic GIF

From my experiences, any group makeup will have short comings either obvious from the get go, or apparent in the later levels. Play what you "feel" is fun. That's what I do. And see where it takes me. =)

By the way, when things get challenging for me.....Once I find that deficiency, I just try and work through it. I find fun in that alone.

Question - Group Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back