• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Group makeup question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
170¢
Going to ask this here I run a SK Cleric Mage Bard and BL wife plays a rogue/BL would i notice a big increase in DPS if i swapped mage cleric and BL for say 2 zerkers and a shaman? or swap cleric and BL for another mage and shaman?

Montra - I moved your post to a new thread.

Either of those group setups are fine

I would not recommend getting rid of bst they bring too much to the table.

shm is more work, but they do provide more dps for your group than your cleric - but no reason you can't be successful with what you have

is there a reason why you want to swap stuff around?

Last edited:
Going to ask this here I run a SK Cleric Mage Bard and BL wife plays a rogue/BL would i notice a big increase in DPS if i swapped mage cleric and BL for say 2 zerkers and a shaman? or swap cleric and BL for another mage and shaman?
My group is similar
SK-Cleric-Enchanter-Mage-Mage-Beastlord. (everybody but the cleric has a decent pet)
Sometimes I switch in bard and shaman - pretty much any slot is flexible due to SK is super strong.

I personally try to stick to caster and melee groups without a lot of overlap. Some folks really like the convenience of CoH though and run mages in their melee groups. I think your group could be optimized as:
SK/SHM/BRD/BER/ROG/BST with you running whichever of ROG/BST she's not.

Having said that, the golden rule is always play what you find most fun so do that instead.

I personally try to stick to caster and melee groups without a lot of overlap. Some folks really like the convenience of CoH though and run mages in their melee groups. I think your group could be optimized as:
SK/SHM/BRD/BER/ROG/BST with you running whichever of ROG/BST she's not.

Having said that, the golden rule is always play what you find most fun so do that instead.
Exactly what I run, and apart from running into some annoying situations where the shaman dies and nobody else can rez, it does great.

Depends, Clerics/Enchanter are best when paired together for "peace of mind"...then there's the whole camp that argues that dps is king...i usually go tank/bard/enc/cleric then whatever as a filler....

Just me but I love pulling half a zone to camp and having it instant mezzed with a nice queue to kill...

rick grimes GIF by The Walking Dead

I am a TLP refugee who decided to test out a live server, and just went level 2 to give some of the toys here a test run. The group I made to play with is war/cleric/enc/bard/rog/wiz. It is a bit of a mix of melee and casters, with some overlap. Let me know if i am just totally split and will find it hard to handle stuff in the future. My goal is to level up from 1, and try to 6 grp old raid content as I level up.

war - tank doing tank stuff, and defensive for old raid content
cleric - biggest heals
enc - buffs/CC/debuffs
bard - selo/melee&caster boosts/dps
rog - melee pewpew
wiz - ports/caster pewpew

I do have some overlap (bard/enc can CC) ( enc/bard could slow) - and I am sure I am missing out on some synergy by not stacking melee dps - or - caster dps. But the bard speed and ports I felt would add some convenance as I run around Norrath, and even with overlap in certain areas, the group seems rather robust to just plow through stuff as I have some melee dps, some caster dps, a tank / healer.

Only really missing shm slow for old raid targets, which was a tough choice to skip but I couldn't justify another slow/buffer type. If I added shm, I would probably drop enc. Perhaps I make a shm and swap him in/out of grp for levels and use him as a buffer/debuffer when I try old raids?

It is a long road from now, but I made the group with choosing a "main" for raiding purposes in mind. I'm not interested in a shm main, while the classes listed above hold some interest, which helped made the choice to add the shm in my 6th or not.

Let me know what ya'll think.

ty

Let me know what ya'll think.

:D

But really though- you've got your tank/cc/healer so everything else is just flavor. Are you as optimized as some groups on here? No, but you said these classes hold some interest for you so you should go for it.

I am not sure how old the raids are that you will be doing or if you plan on doing those old raids at that level or just hitting 120 and going back to do them, but if it is the latter I am fairly certain that not having shaman slow will cause you to fail.

Going to ask this here I run a SK Cleric Mage Bard and BL wife plays a rogue/BL would i notice a big increase in DPS if i swapped mage cleric and BL for say 2 zerkers and a shaman? or swap cleric and BL for another mage and shaman

Montra - I moved your post to a new thread.

Either of those group setups are fine

I would not recommend getting rid of bst they bring too much to the table.

shm is more work, but they do provide more dps for your group than your cleric - but no reason you can't be successful with what you have

is there a reason why you want to swap stuff around?
Sic would you rather have a bst vs Mage - Necro ?> all 3 maxed aa etc

Discussion - Group makeup question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back