• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Group gear SK? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,153¢
Is there a strategy on group gear for SK Tank? Sitting at 250k/7kac. Definitely know I can replace a few augd to get closer to 7.3-4k, but what am I missing out on? Easily obtainable to time investments? Any comprehensive list or suggestions I can take to compile a list?

Thanks!

Depends on the level and subscription status
For FTP most of the augs I have seen drop in TBM expac (various zones, random uncommon mob drops) are all Non-Prestige both type 5 and type 7. TBM alternate currency can also be used at the group merchant in Plane of Health for purchasing type 5s that are not lore or prestige.

Make sure you have the best powersource you can get. If youre ftp katie gave the best augs unless you get the anniversary augs some aren't prestige another thing is make sure you unlock all of your trophies. Anniversary trophy is really nice. Artisan Prize isn't prestige the quest aug in thulasar Island isn't prestige either that will take some time to do but its a really nice aug for non prestige. Adding more hp cleric and shaman in group will add a good amount from there auras. I wish they would unlock the 25 purity augs for ftp accounts.

There are a LOT of Prestige tags out there on existing old stuff that really doesn't have any reason to keep. . . So what if it's still usefull on the TLP servers . . Those are all paid accounts

115 SK with some tov t3 sitting at 380k 9k ac buffed, All access

nothing terribly special, was able to make most of my own gear since im a tradeskill junkie
Just group augs? Any trophies w/ tribute or anything? No raid gear just group gear? Tov augs? I'm having trouble handling tov named is why I ask. I definitely looking forward to 115 TS gear ac boost.

Also the Heroic AA's help a Ton, progression AAs from:
Omens of War: Seal: Mastery of All . . . easily obtainable from Anguish
Dragons of Norath: Sanctity of the Keepers (or Dark Reign). . . for Heroic characters the final 5th raid, for all others a faction grind of missions and raids (certain missions are only available with progressing minimum faction)
House of Thule & Veil of Alaris progressions: The Savior achievements (Mercenary, Partisan, Hero) reward trophies to be activated with personal tribute use
Call of the Fosaken and up: The Savior achievements (Mercenary, Partisan, Hero) reward Heroic Fortitude, Heroic Stamina, Heroic Vitality AA

115 SK with some tov t3 sitting at 380k 9k ac buffed, All access

nothing terribly special, was able to make most of my own gear since im a tradeskill junkie

I have a 115 SK in full tier 3 ToV gear and completely buffed I sit at 330ish, and 7.9k AC. Although I just remembered I didn't have a powersource in. I am curious how you're so much higher than I am.

with self buffs (azia) im sitting at 8194 ac, 295k hp. forgot i have the crafted TBL raid shield as well/

I'll have to check my SK and see. That is a major difference and I would be curious to see where that is from. Unbuffed I believe mine was at 260k, with no powersource. I'll have to put a powersource in next time I can play and see what he hits.

Shaman aura is an aa it stacks with cleric hp aura. I think shaman aura gives 10k hp shaman aura is group pact wolf or something. You need to max that aa out on shaman with cleric and shaman I think you will get about 25k ish not sure

I don't remember what my ac is but with my shm and clr my 115 sk in all group gear was sitting at 415k hps last night. My luck is 100 as well. Make sure you take advantage of everything available to group folks. Power source, campfire buff, and tribute for starters. Do whatever progression you can handle too as it all adds up. Cliff stone is what I use for power source. Spend a weekend hunting named in TBL and you will be set for a while. I still have some augs that need upgrading and a bit of progression I haven't finished so I know I could do much better. Group sk can be pretty tough if you work at them.

The original post took me back to when I first started playing a shadow knight. I noticed you requested comprehensive lists, so I wanted to provide some lists, following the fine suggestions that you have already received. Since many websites have vanished, it would not be a bad idea to copy and paste information so that you will not lose it.

lordtweak mentioned the benefits of trophies. Here is a comprehensive list of trophies from Fanra. Just click on "Trophy Spreadsheet" The trophies with the best armor class are highlighted in yellow.

Katiekaboom mentioned the benefits of heroic alternate advancement. Here is a comprehensive list of the heroic AA achievements from Fanra.

Katiekaboom also mentioned type 5 augmentations. On the EQ Resource website, if you open up an expansion page, you get a searched list. This is the one for The Burning Lands. Depending on your build HDEX, HSTA, or HAGI, you can fill all of your type 5 slots with them. Some are lore, but some like the Mortal Corporeal Deft Zephyr are not , so you can buy as many as you like with currency from the missions.

The type 7/8 augmentations are also important, and once again, EQ Resource can give you a list with their links (this is TBL), although it seems to contain oddball entries. Most are obtained from killing named creatures, but some are crafted. You can either make them or buy them in the bazaar, but you will need a muhbis to complete it.

wymranar mentioned the type 18/19 augmentations and the four evolving items from the Fight Fire missions. At the bottom of the Fanra page, the links to the four items are listed. As for the augmentations, EQ Resource has a link for them too.

I'm out of redcents. My initial objective, now, will be push to 115 and get TS TOV gear, then start moving progression blocks. If I can, I am going to attempt the Fight Fire missions with my crew in hopes of starting the evolution process on the gear.

Does anyone happen to have a Magelo profile? I am looking for there I am looking in AC and I cannot put my finger on it, a reference would be great.

Group geared SK

Can PM if you rather not share on forum

Is there a strategy on group gear for SK Tank? Sitting at 250k/7kac. Definitely know I can replace a few augd to get closer to 7.3-4k, but what am I missing out on? Easily obtainable to time investments? Any comprehensive list or suggestions I can take to compile a list?

Thanks!

With ToV t1 and an assortment of GMM gear, I sit at around 8.3k buffed (with bard in group) with a 2h equipped and a 30ac+ aug in every slot at 112. Nearly All my augs are pre eok

The ToV gear and the GMM gear are the biggest source of AC. There’s also a really nice 2H drops from GMM.

So to start do progression from tds up they give heroic stats... ac augs from ros tbl up.. check out lazy ac Aug list.. power source food and trib.. make sure have best.. bard in group running ac songs..

These are the trophies I would shoot for. Some of these are unfortunately anniversary only..

1. Replica of the Qeynos Claymore (CoTF, hero of the Tower of Rot) 100AC
2. Golden Helmet of Rallos Zek (16th Anni) 75AC
3 Trophy of the Seafarer (TDS, paragon) 75AC
4. Trophy of Dualty (TBM, paragon) 150AC
5. ROS Trophy: Scavenger's prize (Master Scavenger) 200AC
6. TBL Mortal Ethereal Wonder (Masrer Scavenger TBL) 50heroics and 75 spdmg healamt
7. Lost wayfarer's Tent (anniversary) 200AC
8. Trophy of the Landing (RoF, progression)45AC

I would try and do the higher AC ones first as you're able. If I'm missing any good ones, let me know

Question - Group gear SK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back