• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Greetings... (1 Viewer)

EnGarde

RedCents
1,056¢
So, I am new to Redguides... but not macroquest. I began using mq way back in, I dunno, 2006?? On live. I played there for a couple of years then moved on to emulators and got my mq from mqemulator.com. That was up until about 5 or 6 years ago then I dropped out again until just recently. On a lark I went over to see if EQ live was even still around.. recovered my accounts and I've been there for the last couple of months. Live has certainly changed. Not long after I began playing I began jonesing for MQ. It's always a bitch getting back into the game after a long hiatus. I've actually done some extensive macro writing, but after this many years, I feel like a noob again. So I downloaded MQ from the main git hub, compiled it all up and viola! Um.. wtf?

So, it's missing a bunch of plugins that I had been used to with eqemulator's build. Most notably eqbcserver. The main site, www.macroquest2.com, appears to be pretty dead. Although the source gets updated with the live patches. But I can't find any info on eqbcserver other than it is retired. So, how does one send commands to other toons? I've always relies on it to do that and all my macros are based on it. Okay, that's question #1.

Question #2 is: I created an account here. Is there a version of MQ available here? Or is it all behind a paywall?
Thanks and I hope to read someone's reply :-)
Cheers
R

So, I am new to Redguides... but not macroquest. I began using mq way back in, I dunno, 2006?? On live. I played there for a couple of years then moved on to emulators and got my mq from mqemulator.com. That was up until about 5 or 6 years ago then I dropped out again until just recently. On a lark I went over to see if EQ live was even still around.. recovered my accounts and I've been there for the last couple of months. Live has certainly changed. Not long after I began playing I began jonesing for MQ. It's always a bitch getting back into the game after a long hiatus. I've actually done some extensive macro writing, but after this many years, I feel like a noob again. So I downloaded MQ from the main git hub, compiled it all up and viola! Um.. wtf?

So, it's missing a bunch of plugins that I had been used to with eqemulator's build. Most notably eqbcserver. The main site, www.macroquest2.com, appears to be pretty dead. Although the source gets updated with the live patches. But I can't find any info on eqbcserver other than it is retired. So, how does one send commands to other toons? I've always relies on it to do that and all my macros are based on it. Okay, that's question #1.

Question #2 is: I created an account here. Is there a version of MQ available here? Or is it all behind a paywall?
Thanks and I hope to read someone's reply :-)
Cheers
R
I feel that I cant let you miss out of the magic that is RedGuides, here is a free month to test it out. Should be piece of cake to maintain your membership by your self.

have fun, ask questions!

Welcome to RedGuides!
The Simpsons Hello GIF

Yes. This is IMHO, the source for all things MQ related. Here are the guides posted on the main page, watch all of the videos, and you should have a much better understanding of how things work. If you have questions, ask. We are here to help!

Welcome!

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

I feel that I cant let you miss out of the magic that is RedGuides, here is a free month to test it out. Should be piece of cake to maintain your membership by your self.

have fun, ask questions!
Thank you, very kind. How does this free month work?
Also, I take it that the (free) version of redguides you build from the github, the $$ is a pre-built version? And where is that at, haven't seen any downloads.
Thanks again...
R

And a big thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Look forward to getting started!
Cheers!
R

Also, I take it that the (free) version of redguides you build from the github, the $$ is a pre-built version? And where is that at, haven't seen any downloads.
Thanks again...
R

And a big thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Look forward to getting started!
Cheers!
R

When you participate and provide valuable subject matter on these forums, members will sometimes give your posts Redcents. Notice you already have 80. You can use these Redcents to purchase a month of Level 2 Access in the store at a cost of 50 Redcents for a month of access. With Level 2 you can download the Redguides launcher and use that to install and load MQ. This version is pre-built, has all the bells and whistles and is super easy to use. So while paying the monthly fee is always an option, it's not the only option. From there, where you take it is up to you. Very Vanilla comes with all the basic plugins you need to get started. As others have said, there's tons of great info in the Getting Started guides and videos.

Have fun!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Glad someone gifted your level 2. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help if/when you get stuck.

As for maintaining level 2, it's either paid or you can use Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute and others will give your red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out!

Red Cents

Thanks again...
R

Cheers!
R
I too remember the days of compiling it myself. I don't miss it at all.

This setup is so slick you just download, install, fire it up. And you're rolling. The base very vanilla has a ton of qol improvements in it. That's not even talking about the macros, Lua, plugins.

It's well worth the monthly subscription if you don't generate redcents quickly.

Enjoy it, it's a blast.

WoW! Just WOW! So, I had a chance to play with it today.. I'm sure I am just skimming the top atm, but wow! mq2nav???? Bloody amazing! It took me a while to get my jaw off the floor. That right there sold me. I've been reading up and watching some vids about the plugins that are already turned on. Pluginman is pretty damn cool, too. Ya, my head is spinning. My road stretches out in front of me, it looks long :-)
Thanks you guys.. I think I am gonna like being here..
See ya soon

WoW! Just WOW! So, I had a chance to play with it today.. I'm sure I am just skimming the top atm, but wow! mq2nav???? Bloody amazing! It took me a while to get my jaw off the floor. That right there sold me. I've been reading up and watching some vids about the plugins that are already turned on. Pluginman is pretty damn cool, too. Ya, my head is spinning. My road stretches out in front of me, it looks long :-)
See ya soon

/headblown. Great stuff ans even more to see and learn as you progress and get more comfortable

See ya soon
welcome to the greatest boxing community EQ has ever seen. i think we can all say we relate to that first jaw dropping moment when something like nav changed the QoL in norrath for all of us hahah ... like everyone has said before to watch the videos and if ever in doubt that search button in the top right has countless hits for anything you throw at it mq/eq related. if you cant find it be sure to ask here or on the discord!!!!! i love the forums most of all as there's a wealth f knowledge here

again welcome to RG be sure to have fun!

Question - Greetings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back