• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Greetings/Salutations (1 Viewer)

doombeard

RedCents
110¢
Howdy there!

I'm a longtime EQ player, first-time MQ2 user. Recently, I started on an emu.server which suggested MQ2; I've never used this before, but I've spent the last few days researching and getting my multi-box group set up, etc., so now I'm ready for the macro part to build combat macros. I'm looking for any suggestions like the kissassist or something like it that is relatively easy to setup/use. Also, I'm looking for any suggestions on interfaces, or any other customization options.

Thanks!!

Howdy there!

I'm a longtime EQ player, first-time MQ2 user. Recently, I started on an emu.server which suggested MQ2; I've never used this before, but I've spent the last few days researching and getting my multi-box group set up, etc., so now I'm ready for the macro part to build combat macros. I'm looking for any suggestions like the kissassist or something like it that is relatively easy to setup/use. Also, I'm looking for any suggestions on interfaces, or any other customization options.

Thanks!!
howdy and welcome to Redguides!

check out our new user vids - they're oriented towards "live" official servers, but most of the information will apply

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Howdy there!

Thanks!!
Welcome!

scary movie hello GIF

doombeard

Welcome to the community. I, too, have very recently renewed my EQ addiction. And after exhaustive reading I decided to use Muleassist and Maui(in game GUI for Muleassist). It does require a fair bit of setup, but you will find they all do. Get used to editing ini files lol. Might want to get Notepad ++(it's free). Oh and read until your eyes bleed and be sure to ask questions here or on Discord. Good luck man.

Vrak

doombeard

Welcome to the community. I, too, have very recently renewed my EQ addiction. And after exhaustive reading I decided to use Muleassist and Maui(in game GUI for Muleassist). It does require a fair bit of setup, but you will find they all do. Get used to editing ini files lol. Might want to get Notepad ++(it's free). Oh and read until your eyes bleed and be sure to ask questions here or on Discord. Good luck man.

Vrak
VS Code is a great (also free) alternative to notepad++ with some built-in awesomeness

Looking for a Notepad++ Alternative?
You want Visual Studio Code:
> Download VS Code Here <
some recommended extensions include:
Rainbow brackets
indent-rainbow
vscodemq2

Here is a windows keyboard shortcuts pdf:
keyboard shortcuts VS Code

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to family.
00918220828f67aa22e3226b0678c914.png

Sorry about that. The image was larger than I thought

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much! Definitely can tell the community is wonderful, and these suggestions were a huge help, and I'm up and running!

IRL - Greetings/Salutations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back