• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Going from Day 1 to Dominating (1 Viewer)

I have 1 house for each expansion that I unload all my collections to with shiny mac. Then just use collectiblehouse mac or shiny.mac on all other toons

yeah the guild im in we do that too.. and TS mats.. the TS stuff a bit different now that TS hoard thing exists in bank, people arent as willing to share now as its so easy to hoard haha

Enormo

I still run into small annoying problems, like my wizzy using Kissassist, LOVES to wait until I’m about 5 seconds into a port spell cast and then sit down and load back the other spell it thinks should be there…. I haven’t figured out how to prevent that without unloading kiss then restarting it later.
I had the same problem with my Druid, just make a "PAUSE" social just for the Druid err...Wizzie and use that before you mem or cast a transport spell. Saves you a lot of the Arggghhh, noises you make lol.

Vrak

I'm happy to say I've dinged 120 on my main, with a large hat tip to the community here for assisting with the grind. My alts are all coming up the curve nicely between 115-118. The xp gained from doing mercenary and partisan quests in ToV were a great way to plow through 119 and I will continue to do the rest of the zones as the youngsters catch up and improve their gear.

The latest challenge I am pursuing is how to effectively use MQ2Paladin in a group or raid setting where I am not the main tank - in other words, how to maximize dps, without using taunt and many of the spells and abilities that have an aggro component built into them. I am sure there is a great answer to this so I look forward to diving into some youtube videos to find out.

I'm happy to say I've dinged 120 on my main, with a large hat tip to the community here for assisting with the grind. My alts are all coming up the curve nicely between 115-118. The xp gained from doing mercenary and partisan quests in ToV were a great way to plow through 119 and I will continue to do the rest of the zones as the youngsters catch up and improve their gear.

The latest challenge I am pursuing is how to effectively use MQ2Paladin in a group or raid setting where I am not the main tank - in other words, how to maximize dps, without using taunt and many of the spells and abilities that have an aggro component built into them. I am sure there is a great answer to this so I look forward to diving into some youtube videos to find out.
check the overview.

we only do tank stuff if we're in a tank mode or assigned as main tank - otherwise we don't.

the sticky is always a good place to double check and follow it.

Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

and if you have questions regarding a specific plugin, please make sure to post in that specific plugin discussion thread

@Enormo … you picked a cleric as a tank. That’s good you’ll be able to rez yourself at least…HAR!

Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

Austrian National Library Knight GIF by GIF IT UP

but more often i just turn off labels and look at the dots. Im not sure if there is a smarter way people optimize that.
1682385028774.pngToggling the number 2 option here turns off all npcs on the map, but keeps all of the helpful labels on the map itself. Still not super optimal, but another option.
my wizzy using Kissassist, LOVES to wait until I’m about 5 seconds into a port spell cast and then sit down and load back the other spell it thinks should be there
/MQP to briefly pause kissassist, then /MQP again to resume action.

Update: Chase is NOT the best mode for TOFS. The bots do NOT ice skate well 🤣 It looked like a 1980's roller derby out there

Yup, found this out quite some time ago on my first entry there boxing. I pause all automation on entry and walk them by to where i want to go or even lazier, I pause and move my mage manually and coth :😜

Wow, this is just too easy...

If you use a mix of KA and CWTN, you have to check this one out.

Saw this in the patch notes:

April 24, 2023:
- Fix an issue where the loader would spam the log file with an error if more than 64 eqgame.exe processes were running.

Some of you guys go REAL HARD on your bot game and I gotta respect that

Saw this in the patch notes:

Some of you guys go REAL HARD on your bot game and I gotta respect that
haha i know right? I think i've pushed maybe 12 at once.. I dont even have 54 accounts, let alone all online at once lol

I've been humming right along with my little 5 man group plus our hired help (usually the rogue merc, with the cleric popping in to buff). I'm confident enough that the pal/shm combo can heal my group in virtually all group content...although to be fair i have been outlevelling almost everything i've been doing so maybe that's not a given once i get everyone to 120 and doing current content...

I'd like to turn on a dps meter to see how my chars are performing during xp situations. It will be a way to test out what I might do with my 6th slot, and even if someone might be replaceable later on down the line. I'm leaning toward adding a second rogue because I'm happy with how the first one is working out. I think rogue dps will only get stronger as i feed it better weapons and AA's, and importantly the rogue never runs out of mana like the wizzy does.

Do most people use the MQ2DPSAdv that is preloaded, or is there a better mousetrap?

Follow up question, and this one is open to debate -- is there any downside you can see to running 2 rogues? Or something I'm dreadfully missing by not adding X class?

Pal - main tank
Shm - slows and heals, plus dots
Wiz - really just DPS, but occasionally the "port to bind" is helpful for shuttling back and forth to places that arent near a portal. Might be replaced in the long run.
Ench - CC and back up slows and some better than expected dps with charm
Rogue - pure dps, and a hidden collectable machine
X

If you told me that any particular class was at least like 90% of the rogue dps, plus it had this great ability that would really help it might be worth considering. And since the new style for drops is mostly class independent I don't have to worry about all the leather stuff rotting, just a few primary items.

Last edited:
For me a Mage is great DPS and for a box crew, CotH is a huge help. You don't have a pet setup there so pet stuffs won't be useful there, though.

On DPS Parsing I'm old school and still use GamParse. I really like the other features like Loot tracking, faction, and the rest.

Im trying to decide the best way to handle looting. If I am camping something very boring like tradeskill items solo on trash mobs is there a way to tell it to loot either everything or always loot things I haven't set an always greed or never yet? I can handle the common things, but i'd hate to look away for a while and let a super rare item rot just because i hadn't seen it before to set the setting. Is there a good way to handle that situation?

Im trying to decide the best way to handle looting. If I am camping something very boring like tradeskill items solo on trash mobs is there a way to tell it to loot either everything or always loot things I haven't set an always greed or never yet? I can handle the common things, but i'd hate to look away for a while and let a super rare item rot just because i hadn't seen it before to set the setting. Is there a good way to handle that situation?
Lootly or yalm is what I would use

Downloaded Lootly and trying it out... It seems to loot absolutely everything like a hoover on dirty carpet. It does ignore items i have already marked never, so I can work with this.

I wanted to ask how to make it click yes on the no drop confirmation window. I wanted to ask that so badly... but i searched around...and found out it is a regular EQ option that i can turn off. sweet unannoying success!

I was trying to PL a new toon up using the Golden Pick to get 1 damage per mob, and i see people referring to a hitall macro, but it doesnt seem like it works anymore. The one i tried was giving a lot of errors. Is there any other macro or tool out there to cycle through mobs or should i go "old fashioned and just crank through the extended target list manually?
1687015275762.png

I've changed plans, instead of trying to do a large DS train and hitall (because i cant get it to work), i'm going to set my little newbie crew to camphere and go pullertank mode to pull singles. What i'd like to do is have my pally stand there out of group and when a mob comes into camp, wait for it to get to 98% and then cast Mark of the Eclipsed Cohort which is a reverse DS and will kill most mobs within a couple of hits. But i dont want the pally to do anything else, just cast that 1 spell, no melee, and be outside the group. Is that feasible with kissassist or another macro?

I've changed plans, instead of trying to do a large DS train and hitall (because i cant get it to work), i'm going to set my little newbie crew to camphere and go pullertank mode to pull singles. What i'd like to do is have my pally stand there out of group and when a mob comes into camp, wait for it to get to 98% and then cast Mark of the Eclipsed Cohort which is a reverse DS and will kill most mobs within a couple of hits. But i dont want the pally to do anything else, just cast that 1 spell, no melee, and be outside the group. Is that feasible with kissassist or another macro?

If you dont want to do hit all. Then just add a nard char for song ae. Will be faster even with extra char.

If you dont want to do hit all. Then just add a nard char for song ae. Will be faster even with extra char.
I want to do hit all, but i can't find the right macro that works. maybe i ran the wrong one?

I tried the bard AE method but it doesnt work with higher level mobs, i'd have to keep fighting white or yellow cons at most. Also, i dont have a high level mage or druid so my DS capabilities are limited.

I want to do hit all, but i can't find the right macro that works. maybe i ran the wrong one?

I tried the bard AE method but it doesnt work with higher level mobs, i'd have to keep fighting white or yellow cons at most. Also, i dont have a high level mage or druid so my DS capabilities are limited.

Well that changes everything. Long term SK + Shaman is ideal. DS + Malo totem equal fast pl. The other thing I’ve done although you really need ot be 60+ is necro with the ae orb but feign.

I’m spoiled with a 7 account setup and can pull anything in. IF high level though I generally feel like hitting them is just as hard. Maybe find slightly closer level. even if you hit half with a big enough train it’s huge. I‘ve done 10 levels+ in Lower Guk before when empty.

Last edited:
What i'd like to do is have my pally stand there out of group and when a mob comes into camp, wait for it to get to 98% and then cast Mark of the Eclipsed Cohort which is a reverse DS and will kill most mobs within a couple of hits. But i dont want the pally to do anything else, just cast that 1 spell, no melee, and be outside the group.
Still trying to figure out if this is feasible, any ideas?

What i'd like to do is have my pally stand there out of group and when a mob comes into camp, wait for it to get to 98% and then cast Mark of the Eclipsed Cohort which is a reverse DS and will kill most mobs within a couple of hits. But i dont want the pally to do anything else, just cast that 1 spell, no melee, and be outside the group.
hmm,
maybe kiss ini with pull range of camp radius, and pull spell of EC ... while no melee or other spells loaded?

hmm,
maybe kiss ini with pull range of camp radius, and pull spell of EC ... while no melee or other spells loaded?
Sweet sweet jackpot -- here's what I did... I started with a fresh ini. I turned Meleeon=0 so i dont melee, assistat=99 so i dont cast too early, and then DPS1=Mark of the Eclipsed Cohort Rk. III|99|Once.

I was able to load with /mac kissassist [tankname] even though he wasn't in my group, so basically i am assisting him from outside.

Ive got a little group of lvl 55's fighting in crypt of decay like a normal group, I'm just helping them along with a reverse ds so they die within a few melee rounds.

It is definitely faster to round up a huge train and then have the warrior /hitall and then let a regular DS wear them down, but this way i can literally not do anything and let them have fun on their own.

Sweet sweet jackpot -- here's what I did... I started with a fresh ini. I turned Meleeon=0 so i dont melee, assistat=99 so i dont cast too early, and then DPS1=Mark of the Eclipsed Cohort Rk. III|99|Once.

I was able to load with /mac kissassist [tankname] even though he wasn't in my group, so basically i am assisting him from outside.

Ive got a little group of lvl 55's fighting in crypt of decay like a normal group, I'm just helping them along with a reverse ds so they die within a few melee rounds.

It is definitely faster to round up a huge train and then have the warrior /hitall and then let a regular DS wear them down, but this way i can literally not do anything and let them have fun on their own.
badass, good job getting that going and telling us how. might need to do this myself one day

I've been trying to do the Scorched sky task with the snails and for the life of me my guys wont stop AE'ing. I think its either my ench or shammy, and i've tried to set both to "AoECount" 100 and turn off anything that mentions AoE like UseSlowAoE, UseMaloAoE, UseTashAoE, i unmemmed MesmericStare AE mez, etc... but something is still causing these snails to go bananas.

I'm wondering if there is a a plugin or Lua or even just a way to build a hotkey to toggle EQ sound on all windows? I usually prefer to have it on, but if I need to hop on a Zoom it would be great to be able to turn them all off without having to open each Options window and move the slidebar to zero on 6 windows.

Discussion - Going from Day 1 to Dominating

Users who are viewing this thread

Back