• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Getting Smashed in Kael (1 Viewer)

Redemption44

RedCents
551¢
Running 115 gold accts currently 2mages,1 cleric,1 enchanter,Shadowknightt,Beast. The Dps seems good, but are these mobs mezzable here? Chanter doesnt seem to do much crowd control at all getting stomped into ground with 3 mobs on pull gets hairy with 2 mobs but doable trying to get singles with rest the dead, doesnt seem to work to well. my sk only has around 308,000 hp with the self buff going. might just be a tough zone for my mediocre group sk had around 6800 a.c. snowbound. I'd greatly appreciate some feedback. I do pretty well in great divide and eastern wastes. These giants do hit hard for sure.

It’s a pretty tough zone. Giants are not mezzable in my experience with a Bard or Enchanter. Have to work pretty hard if you are gonna try and split mobs if you can’t tank 2 to 3 at a time. On top of all that pathing is pretty bad in some areas. If you are just looking for Xp the dire wolves are quite a bit easier than giants.

kael is Not a XP zone p:0 its honestly a Trash Zone in this expac. but if your going to go there While u cannot mez Then Your SK can Rest The Dead them which is a Pacify that works well for Splitting Purposes. Its a AA at max level pacis to 1 ft for Undead and lasts 3 minutes so it makes Social Aggro Not a problem. Myself i suggest Tofs for t2 XP or Live in Gd like the rest of us p:)

My mage pet was snapping agro off the puller and holding the whole fight with a ranger, zerker and rogue in group.

As far as Kael, the only CCing you can do is knock back root and blur is what I use. That helps me to break the camps up so I don't have to keep splitting them. I agree with get done and go elsewhere for xp.

I have no problems in Kael running two healers in my group (cleric/druid). I can pull and tank up to 4 mobs.

Maybe get a second healer in your group. I switched my wizard for the said druid some weeks ago. Was well worth it.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, i appreciate will most likely just hang here for a little bit and move on was curious about zone since use to spend a lot of time here in old days.

Yeah break the area by hand, use Lull/Pacify/Rest the Dead/bard"Silence" on the white/blue cons, so you can split out the yellow while breaking the room. Then keep your MaxRadius low enough that you're never letting the room re-pop. Should keep you on singles from there out.

Also consider using BurnAllNamed=2 and add the named to your kissassist_info entry. Remove any ${Target.Named} conditions from your ini and save a Kael version to use in the zone. Many trash giants are "named" and you'll use up your burn routine early.
INI:
[Kael Drakkel]
MobsToBurn=Black Fang,Direfang,Drendar Blackblade,Fjokar Frozenshard,Irrek Bloodfist,Kallis Stormcaller,Keldor Dek`Torek,Klraggek the Slayer,Velden Dragonbane,Vkjen Thunderslayer

I was able to do most of named this way, but am leveling a 2nd group now and plan to roll in with 12 to deal with the rest. It's tough.

Set up just above the steps, just south of the little ice pond, in front of the door to that little room that overlooks said little pond. No roamers. Can get solos easily there, and a couple of ph's are there. 308K hps isnt bad for the SK.

Yeah break the area by hand, use Lull/Pacify/Rest the Dead/bard"Silence" on the white/blue cons, so you can split out the yellow while breaking the room. Then keep your MaxRadius low enough that you're never letting the room re-pop. Should keep you on singles from there out.

I do what EQTrader74 says. The other trick I use--almost hate to say it outloud--is I fall back on my old Bioluminescent Orb. I usually have to pre-tash a mob to make it stick. I then drop aggro. Then I cast my biolumiscent mob and blind the mob (this only works with static mobs). If blind sticks, drop aggro and let the mob path away somewhere. Usually, the mob doesn't come back, he just stands where he ended up.

Yeah I was trying this with a max AA SK, mix of ToV T1/T2 and T3. It was do-able if you can keep from bring 3+ very often. My SK was often in pure downtime of no defensive disc up yet.

I think a warrior would shine here. Higher AC cap and can run mitigation disc/abilities with 100% uptime. SK's do well against spikey dmg by tapping between heals, but warrior is king of just tanking a huge pull.

I didn't think of it, but I'd also run debuffall|slow on your CC guy here. No point in wasting time mezzing, I think everything is immune.

Running 115 gold accts currently 2mages,1 cleric,1 enchanter,Shadowknightt,Beast. The Dps seems good, but are these mobs mezzable here? Chanter doesnt seem to do much crowd control at all getting stomped into ground with 3 mobs on pull gets hairy with 2 mobs but doable trying to get singles with rest the dead, doesnt seem to work to well. my sk only has around 308,000 hp with the self buff going. might just be a tough zone for my mediocre group sk had around 6800 a.c. snowbound. I'd greatly appreciate some feedback. I do pretty well in great divide and eastern wastes. These giants do hit hard for sure.
Similar account set up and I'm always dying in that stupid zone. The best thing is to pull with the chanter and use Lull (Serene Mind) which works usually. If you get two mobs, you can usually kick/blur the 2nd mob. Just make a hotkey for everyone to switch to the SK and not the one you're blurring this is a big issue for me... best way around it is to keep kiss paused on the chanter while you do some CC and pull manually. When you've got the single in camp you can let it go

I do what EQTrader74 says. The other trick I use--almost hate to say it outloud--is I fall back on my old Bioluminescent Orb. I usually have to pre-tash a mob to make it stick. I then drop aggro. Then I cast my biolumiscent mob and blind the mob (this only works with static mobs). If blind sticks, drop aggro and let the mob path away somewhere. Usually, the mob doesn't come back, he just stands where he ended up.
Cool, interesting tactic.

Yeah I was trying this with a max AA SK, mix of ToV T1/T2 and T3. It was do-able if you can keep from bring 3+ very often. My SK was often in pure downtime of no defensive disc up yet.

I think a warrior would shine here. Higher AC cap and can run mitigation disc/abilities with 100% uptime. SK's do well against spikey dmg by tapping between heals, but warrior is king of just tanking a huge pull.

I didn't think of it, but I'd also run debuffall|slow on your CC guy here. No point in wasting time mezzing, I think everything is immune.
I agree warriors are pretty tough on mitigation.

Similar account set up and I'm always dying in that stupid zone. The best thing is to pull with the chanter and use Lull (Serene Mind) which works usually. If you get two mobs, you can usually kick/blur the 2nd mob. Just make a hotkey for everyone to switch to the SK and not the one you're blurring this is a big issue for me... best way around it is to keep kiss paused on the chanter while you do some CC and pull manually. When you've got the single in camp you can let it go
yep might have to switch to chanter manually for kael been a while since i played chanter, had 3 boxes for longest doing the alt tab thing with mage,chanter,sk.

Warriors are king of mitigation for sure.

finally doing good in kael have some icebound armor and slowly building up group with icebound armor. Running Sk for tank,Druid,Beast,Bezerker almost 115 now,Cleric,Chanter. Sometimes ill run druid outside group with mage and run a few damage mercs and sometimes ill have mage in group with chanter for increased damage.

max aa paly silver account (non prestige augs)
does fine w 1 healer
the best thing for anything is adequate tanking (dont have to be a god)
acceptable healing
MOAR DEEP PEEE ESSS!!!!
tank just has to get by long enough for dps to take mobs out, that said there is a reason even raid geared folks dont hang out in Kael

thx for advice guys yep finally doing a lot better but will get the 10 percent dodge aug and a few other things, yep tank about 2 or 3 at a time now, 3 can get hairy sometimes but I'll get the dodge aug when I can and yep dps is king for sure, getting my bezerker 115 now just working on aa's for him now already have his epic wooee that was fun.

Problem - Getting Smashed in Kael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back