• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stupid - Flight of Eagles is now too powerful for your intended target (1 Viewer)

W

Wolfborn

It's a sad day.
DBG has made Flight of Eagles, one of my favorite spells to cast on newbies, too powerful for them now.
Why? Why?
Was it overpowering? Allowing too fast of Exp gain at the lower levels? Too much fun to run around at superspeed at lvl 1?

It's a sad day and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
They will make some silly change like this but won't fix the major things.
Low hanging fruit I guess.

>facepalm<

Was it a recent change?

I have been playing for maybe 3 months, but it has always been that level 1-30ish can only get buffs spell level 50 and lower. 70s can take buffs that are 110.

Was it a recent change?

I have been playing for maybe 3 months, but it has always been that level 1-30ish can only get buffs spell level 50 and lower. 70s can take buffs that are 110.

It was recent. I always hit my young players with Flight of Eagles starting at lvl 1. Today is the first time I've ever seen the "Too powerful" message with Eagles.
Seems it was the exception to the rule when it comes to buffing lower levels (maybe because it is a Druid/Ranger AA instead of a spell) but looks like they "fixed" it.
My low level formula was always Mage pet toys, Mage DS, Druid regen and Eagles.

Shaman Group Pact of the Wolf got nerfed too, the ability is gone. You could cast it on a level 1 toon before, was awesome of pl'ing purposes.

Druid's still have Shared Form of the Great Wolf (group v2, lvl 45) which does land on lowbies. Gives wolf form illusion (blockable) and Illusion Benefit Dena (35%-50% move speed, 2-51 atk, Ultravision)

While not the superspeed of Flight, it does last 6 to 12 hours depending on your aa/gear.

Stupid - Flight of Eagles is now too powerful for your intended target

Users who are viewing this thread

Back