• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stupid - Flight of Eagles is now too powerful for your intended target

RedCents
4,604¢
It's a sad day.
DBG has made Flight of Eagles, one of my favorite spells to cast on newbies, too powerful for them now.
Why? Why?
Was it overpowering? Allowing too fast of Exp gain at the lower levels? Too much fun to run around at superspeed at lvl 1?

It's a sad day and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
They will make some silly change like this but won't fix the major things.
Low hanging fruit I guess.

>facepalm<

RedCents
181¢
Was it a recent change?

I have been playing for maybe 3 months, but it has always been that level 1-30ish can only get buffs spell level 50 and lower. 70s can take buffs that are 110.

RedCents
4,604¢
Was it a recent change?

I have been playing for maybe 3 months, but it has always been that level 1-30ish can only get buffs spell level 50 and lower. 70s can take buffs that are 110.

It was recent. I always hit my young players with Flight of Eagles starting at lvl 1. Today is the first time I've ever seen the "Too powerful" message with Eagles.
Seems it was the exception to the rule when it comes to buffing lower levels (maybe because it is a Druid/Ranger AA instead of a spell) but looks like they "fixed" it.
My low level formula was always Mage pet toys, Mage DS, Druid regen and Eagles.

RedCents
181¢
I think they put levels for procs on mage toys too

RedCents
166¢
The last patch changed the FOE aa to use the spell version on cast which is why it is no longer sticking on low levels.

RedCents
411¢
I think they put levels for procs on mage toys too
Those have always been there. I dunno if they changed the Fist of Xibit (or however you spell it) but that one always had a proc of level 10 so it's always the one I've given to newbies.

aspire2008

RedCents
3,793¢
Shaman Group Pact of the Wolf got nerfed too, the ability is gone. You could cast it on a level 1 toon before, was awesome of pl'ing purposes.

RedCents
8,265¢
Druid's still have Shared Form of the Great Wolf (group v2, lvl 45) which does land on lowbies. Gives wolf form illusion (blockable) and Illusion Benefit Dena (35%-50% move speed, 2-51 atk, Ultravision)

While not the superspeed of Flight, it does last 6 to 12 hours depending on your aa/gear.

RedCents
520¢
You could give items to pets before and they would use but couldn't proc etc. Now pets won't use items above their level at all.