• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - First Post - Hi! (1 Viewer)

Skovos

RedCents
72¢
Hey guys! I'm a bit newer to the boxer scene and I've been alt+tabbin' for the duration. I used to have a membership and was wondering how to earn RedCents? My weird understanding is that you may be able to earn these things? Lmao, sorry for the newbie question.

Also, any boxing tips are welcome!

Welcome to RG - you can earn red cents by posting and sharing knowledge on the forums. But here is something to get your started - have a month on me.

Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV

**make sure to check out Sic's sig lines below - all the best resources to kick things off with!**

Last edited:
Welcome to RedGuides

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

One thing many overlook is that when you give Red Cents then you also earn them in return and it does not come out of your total. You need to be level 2 to give other posts Red Cents and you can maintain that easily. So jump in !

When I first started here, I had no clue how to use half of tools or create macros and such. RGMercs was a great place to start for newbies. Easy to use with out-of-the-box configurations. Then as you progress and figure out things you want to try improve upon, checking out CWTN plugins, KissAssist INI's, and other macros to make life easier. Lots of great help can be found in this community. Feel free to ask!

Welcome aboard, as said above check out Sic's sig links. there's a wealth of information and it may feel overwhelming at times as you learn to sort the info for topics on Lua/cwtn/kiss/rgmercs etc but just take your time.

It took me a good 3-4 evenings to get my first box group running somewhat usefully.

also if you have any curiosities and questions, make sure to check the search function. And I don't mean this in a "dont start new threads for old questions" kind of way. There is so much archived knowledge that I've found answers to my questions and learned new helpful things in threads as far back as 2017.

Welcome to RG! This is a great tool, made even better by the amazing community that supports it. You have been using it for a little bit it looks like? so hopefully it is coming together. If you signed up, but are just now starting, take it in little bites. EQ is complex, MQ therefor is also complex.

If you are stuck, or even now getting comfortable and are looking to advance your style, please do not hesitate to ask questions. This is an amazing group of people who enjoy helping (and teaching). As Hack pointed out, there is a search function, and with almost 60000 threads, and almost 500000 replies, its a pretty good chunk of info to be found that way.

you should copy to test and test drive the ctwn plug-ins for free and see how easy they make you’re boxing life.. you’ll never want to box without them!

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done so already while I'm typing this).

Once you have an idea of how things work, you'll want to look into some automation options. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Discussion - First Post - Hi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back