• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot my footrest. If you don't think it's a computer accessories, you haven't seen the way I try to jam my feet through the floor. I'm pretty sure Priests would throw Holy Water on me. And I'm not a young man anymore so even with a memory foam footrest my feet still swell up like Paul Bunyons!

Great community, brought me back to EQ so thank you.

I'm sitting on a chair that the previous homeowner left in the house because it was so old. It would be real luxury to have one that nobody else's bare ass has likely been in.

Awesome to reach such numbers!
This community has been wonderful to me and others, and I love watching how we all help each other. I know I try my best, and alot of the time Sic lets me know that i'm wrong, but I wouldnt know otherwise :D Either via discord chat or the forums, I love reading, learning, and interacting with y'all.
What I'd like if I won, is to donate my winnings to someone else, a pay it forward as I have been helped so much here before.

One wish would be a gaming monitor. i feel like my vid card is just bored...
Over It Life GIF by Digital discovery

Very nice and kinda scary that there are that many of us that have creeped around Norrath using MQ. Congratulations mods and site owners on the membership record!

As far as accessories, of course a 4090 would be sweet. But I think I’d like a Samsung G9. Those monitors look sweet as hell!
I’m watching them on Honey for when prices drop. Might get one next year if it becomes more affordable.

BB~

Congrats RG and Red Team on 30k. Well deserved.
If i won (#dream), i think i would change my video card. That was already in my mind before i see this contest :P
My RTX 2060 is getting old and grumpy sometimes lol

Congratulations on 30k, very thankful to be a part of this community. Not only has it kept me interested in my greatest game love, but has given me a new interest in self-development through coding and script writing. Finding a way to make things work through lines of code is a blast and there is always something more to learn. Thanks for the examples and tips to teach an old dog new tricks.

Congratulations on 30k. Thats an awesome milestone. I think increasing ram would be a great start but a new video card would be nice to allow a gigantic monitor.

Very cool! Gratz to all for helping to reach the 30k mark.

I would have to choose a decent headset. While I don't use sound in EQ, I do listen to music non-stop. It would probably make my wife happy as well. My older pup would love it too. He hates the gunfire in RDR2(must have sound for that game).

Grats on 30k!

I've been eyeing a new 4k monitor with built in 4 way PiP! Having 4x true 1920x1080 "displays" built in to one would be amazing for multiple group control without taking up a ton of desk space with multiple monitors.

Grats RedGuides! I would have never guessed 30k. Wow. For peeps talking about the G9, I can't recommend it enough. If you can afford it the monitor is awesome. I love mine.

What's one computer part or accessory you wish you had?

Custom made set of backlight compatible keycaps for Cherry-MX keys, where the EQ Class logo shines through, plus one that says "Red Guides". I would use 6 of them replace my function keys that are the mapped hotkeys to switch screen to group members. And the Redguide key to launch directly to the these forums of course!

Congrats on the milestone. I remember learning about this page from a EQ player and it changed my life forever. Currently I'm playing on a computer I built in 2015. I have always wanted to build a dream computer around a great graphics card, something that would play all the future games to come. A radeon RX 7900 xtx 24gb would make a great card to build around.

I wish i had a chair that didn't turn my ass into a swamp lol. Congrats to the entire community, most of us wouldn't still be playing without the people and resources found here:worship:

If it wasn't for Redguides, I'd probably have quit a long, long, time ago. being able to play on my own schedule and not worry about sitting LFG for hours on end is one of the best things.

While my aging video card is uh, aging, and I've been eyeballing a 4070 / 4070TIs, this new generation is rather expensive and keeping me at bay. This 1070 is holding over for now. Which is good, because I just hit my screen because of this bat, so I might need a new screen instead :) (Kidding, a video card > screen joke).

Luck to the winners of this, honestly, fantastic and extremely generous offer by the Redguides staff! Things like this is how you help cultivate a great community

In addition to making EQ playable in current year, RG's community is top notch. Always willing to help, very chatty and welcoming. Im completely sincere when I say EQ would have ended a decade or more ago for me if it weren't for this site.

It's been 20 years since I've browsed about EQ while at work. Interesting how the addiction has come back after so much time. I'm finding myself looking at allakhazam a lot to plan out my next zones to explore. There's a crapton of content to check out. Might even try some epic quests.

And I'm already thinking about my next group. I'm thinking WAR/PAL, SHM, BRD, MNK, ROG, RNG.

I also really like the discord, many helpful people there who have graciously aided this noob!

It's been 20 years since I've browsed about EQ while at work. Interesting how the addiction has come back after so much time. I'm finding myself looking at allakhazam a lot to plan out my next zones to explore. There's a crapton of content to check out. Might even try some epic quests.

And I'm already thinking about my next group. I'm thinking WAR/PAL, SHM, BRD, MNK, ROG, RNG.

I also really like the discord, many helpful people there who have graciously aided this noob!
I'd consider replacing the mnk with a bst. Simply because it gives to the group and does dmg.

I am hoping to get a new computer around black Friday, I can't afford a top-of-the-line but anything is an upgrade from my old laptop so I would probably want to get some RAM sticks or a better video card for my computer when I get it.
if I try to log on to 6 accounts right now, it bogs down my computer and I have about 5 frames per second plus it takes 30 minutes or more every time I zone a character. But I would be happy with a free copy of one or two of the CWTN class plugins maybe the Berserker or Cleric or Chanter.

That is why RG has been a help to me if I try to manually move somewhere, it is so slow with my bad framerate, but tools like nav let me say "go here" and it takes me to the target without the frustration of waiting several seconds every time I turn a corner to render the image. I also have Carple Tunnel syndrome from playing EQ for literally 20 years so the automation of repetitive tasks and the reduction of wear and tear on my keyboard and mouse is a big help. (I think Sony owes me workman's comp because my first character was a ranger and back then we had to do 10 clicks to craft 1 singular arrow, and all the bows sucked so you needed 100 arrows per fight, I spent hours a day just making arrows so I could play my ranger)

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back