• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently don't have a need for any additional accessories for my computer that comes to mind at the moment. But I'll keep thinking about it.

Glad to be a small part of this community. Looking forward to another 19 years of redguides and then some.

Many many gratz to reaching 30k!

For EQ, my computer is quite OK (everything else nope - but that's OK). If this gets drawn by mistake, help someone out who really needs it, like hytiek! 🙃

I've been looking into a 4k larger monitor to replace my 2x 1080p monitors (got a 3060ti so could run 4k for some stuff!) but its been one of those purchases thats low on my priority :xd:

Quite the milestone! Although I don't do sound in-game, I do listen to music pretty much from the moment I sit down, a new pair of headphones would be nice!

Thanks to everyone on the RG team and all the folks in the community for making this such a nice place to hang out with anonymous friends :)

Congrats on the 30k milestone! Welcome to RedGuides shadow2305!
Congratulations Congrats GIF

The only thing that I can think of that I would want would be either a newer second monitor or a couple more SSD's.

Hurray, this community is amazing!

Personally I am a bit surprised to see so few people wishing for the obvious; more RAM! More ram = more characters.. isn't that what boxing is all about? You can never get enough...

I don't really need any computer part. I got a baby on the way and an Amazon giftcard would be a better prize 😉

If forced to be a computer part, I guess a larger 2nd monitor.

Congrats
And if I was chosen ya you could force me to take a

NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti​

I mean it would be a struggle but I would take it one .

Redbot's edit: I'm killstealing this thread for a reply raffle!
---------------------------------

30,000 RedGuides members

View attachment 51985
Elminster in Myth Drannor by Gustavo "Ciruelo" Cabral

30k. They're all unique too, nobody's ever forgotten their password and made a new account.

I made the Redbot account almost 19 years ago, and have spent nearly half my life here. It'd be pretty boring if it were just me, so I'd like to thank those who share their cool software and perspectives especially brainiac and Knightly, huge thanks to the folks who patiently answer questions, Sic the renaissance man for his eagerness to code, explain, record, write, draw, etc. Over 19 years there are truly far too many people to thank, like 30,000 of them, but I have to mention CWTN, hytiek, dannuic, william12, kaen01, wired420, ctaylor22, jimbob, aquietone, lemons, burdsjm, Goldenfrog, morisato, jande, cannonballdex, woobs, Coldblooded, noobhaxor, Cade, Alatyami, Siddin, Maskoi, Jmo, durango773, Sum1, Many_Whelps, Tone, drwhomphd, Sym, r1pt1de, also everyone in the 1k+ posts club is an MVP, especially if they haven't been banned yet, but also those who've been banned but were once really cool, and everyone who's ever explained to a newbie that you need to update after a patch. We've seeded a style of play that's far bigger than any of us or even this site, and I can't wait to see how it grows.

Let's have a little raffle to celebrate the occasion,

What's one computer part or accessory you wish you had?

To enter, just answer the above question or contribute to the discussion. The winner will be chosen by /random.

🍁ONE GRAND PRIZE

🍂 Your wish comes true, provided it's around $1,000 or less. Whether it's a video card, keyboard or monitor, so long as it's within reason we'll do our best to conjure it for you.

Other Prizes
  • 🔥 A Red Torch(3 winners)
  • ⏳ 6 Krono
  • 📜 A paid resource of your choice
  • 🎨 Color username for both the forums and discord from the redcent shop.

Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after November 30th, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One answer to the question only, please. However multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't find a cost-effective way to ship.
Screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

Sic's original post that got the conversation started:

Huge milestone - Congratulations @Redbot

We love this place and our lives would be a lot duller without it.

Huge welcome to our 30,000th member @shadow2305 - can we show shadow2305 some love?

View attachment 51930

before ya'll start imagining redbot in a lambo - that is 30k members, not 30k active level 2s (@an_image gonna need a pic of redbot in a lambo)
@Redbot ... challenge accepted ... lol

film transformers GIF by MLB

Now give me mah goodies! har ... new legion or razr laptop will do :)

This is my version of tanksformer...

tank wtf GIF

Last edited:
The international shipping notice is mostly for Zippo lighters, lithium batteries, etc. We have some experience getting things to Europe at this point, so if it's the grand prize we can figure something out.

What a question... I use a potato to play EQ (HP Elite Desk 300)... It's probably not even considered an accessory to most computers, but for what I do it's pretty good. One day, I may upgrade to a newer HP ED (love the small form factor, light power usage, and it's quiet)... now I'm rambling...

Maybe a Wi-Fi headset, some RG swag, or a mini keg cooler (5L) to place on my desk so I do not have to go to the kitchen to get my... beverages. 🍻

I currently don't have a need for any additional accessories for my computer that comes to mind at the moment. But I'll keep thinking about it.

Glad to be a small part of this community. Looking forward to another 19 years of redguides and then some.
Agreed. I vote for a stack of Kronos or maybe a lifetime membership to Redguides or to a plugin of choice.

WhooHoo on 30K!! That's amazing! Congrats guys :)

I really really need an upgrade to my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750ti. It won't survive the DX11 port and photoshop has been warning me it's no longer going to be supported for awhile now. I will have to bite the bullet and upgrade soon because I need photoshop for my job but I really a) don't want to research my best options and b) spend the money yet.

ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero (WiFi 6E) LGA 1700(Intel®13th&12th Gen) ATX Gaming Motherboard(PCIe 5.0,DDR5,20+1power Stages,2.5Gb LAN, Bluetooth V5.2,2X Thunderbolt 4 Ports,5xM.2, Thunderbolt™ 4/USB4)​

Well if its time to build start with a motherboard.

Think this one would do :-P

Needing to get a new monitor! Need more landscape for more LUAs!

Seriously though congratz on the huge achievement!

Back in the day when I originally founded MQ. I was rocking a Dell Inspirion 15 7000 gaming laptop; Now was it ideal no. however I was a complete idiot when it came to MQ.

@Inkie was the first person I encountered in MQ when I was killing in Dead hills. (was my first suspension as well hahaha) He went out of his way to help me with certain Kiss ini's and where to find info. So, in that sense I want to say Thank you very much to that. Now FastForward a few years I bought my first toon from @Chanticleer and it started my odd ball of a group of a sk clr shm nec zerk war an absolute horrible group mind you.

My laptop would only allow me to box 6 and it was perfect. Finally, I moved on from Trakanon to Bertox then to where I am currently and I started a fresh 6 box crew of a sk clr bard zerk zerk bst, and I have had the same 6 crew since EOK.

Move forward a few years and my laptop would only allow me to box 2-3 due to lag and crashes. So, I finally pulled the trigger and built an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU with a GeForce RTX 3060 video card and 16 GB ram. I went from boxing 6 toons to 2-3 toons to now I can pull off 24 accounts and be at my cap. It has been a huge upgrade from my little dinky laptop to my current set up. All mind you as I had my laptop, I sat in my bed with a lap top stand and rocked it or sat on the floor. Now i use my Beer pong tables from my high - school days as my Desktop sits on them.

Now that leads to what I could use in my set up would be a nice desk. Honestly, I have never had a desk in my life for a computer its either been a fold up plastic table or sitting at my kitchen table getting yelled at by my folks, and now wife hah. However, with now newly running a business (2 months now in the making) I do a lot of work at my computer as well as my wife doing my invoices etc., And with no computer Desk with drawers / a way to organize my tower and screens with wires hidden etc. it has turned into a mess! That would be my 1 thing on my Christmas list this year basically. (Aside from upgrading my pc to an AM Ryzen 7 7800x so I can 36 box, but that requires a lot more than I will ever ask for lol)

Honestly ive never allowed myself to buy a good video card all these years. I tend to stick to decent but budget cards when I build a new machine. So for me, it would be a good, current generation geforce graphics card! Not very particular, but that is what it would be for me!!!

Current GEN non-budget Geforce Video card! Geforce 4070/TI or 4080!

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back