• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,551¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Redbot's edit: I'm killstealing this thread for a reply raffle!
---------------------------------

30,000 RedGuides members

Ciruelowiz.png
Elminster in Myth Drannor by Gustavo "Ciruelo" Cabral

30k. They're all unique too, nobody's ever forgotten their password and made a new account.

I made the Redbot account almost 19 years ago, and have spent nearly half my life here. It'd be pretty boring if it were just me, so I'd like to thank those who share their cool software and perspectives especially brainiac and Knightly, huge thanks to the folks who patiently answer questions, Sic the renaissance man for his eagerness to code, explain, record, write, draw, etc. Over 19 years there are truly far too many people to thank, like 30,000 of them, but I have to mention CWTN, hytiek, dannuic, william12, kaen01, wired420, ctaylor22, jimbob, aquietone, lemons, burdsjm, Goldenfrog, morisato, jande, cannonballdex, woobs, Coldblooded, noobhaxor, Cade, Alatyami, Siddin, Maskoi, Jmo, durango773, Sum1, Many_Whelps, Tone, drwhomphd, Sym, r1pt1de, also everyone in the 1k+ posts club is an MVP, especially if they haven't been banned yet, but also those who've been banned but were once really cool, and everyone who's ever explained to a newbie that you need to update after a patch. We've seeded a style of play that's far bigger than any of us or even this site, and I can't wait to see how it grows.

Let's have a little raffle to celebrate the occasion,

What's one computer part or accessory you wish you had?

To enter, just answer the above question or contribute to the discussion. The winner will be chosen by /random.

🍁ONE GRAND PRIZE

🍂 Your wish comes true, provided it's around $1,000 or less. Whether it's a video card, keyboard or monitor, so long as it's within reason we'll do our best to conjure it for you.

Other Prizes
  • 🔥 A Red Torch(3 winners)
  • ⏳ 6 Krono
  • 📜 A paid resource of your choice
  • 🎨 Color username for both the forums and discord from the redcent shop.

Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after November 30th, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One answer to the question only, please. However multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items can be difficult outside the USA, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't find a cost-effective way to ship.
Screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

Sic's original post that got the conversation started:

Huge milestone - Congratulations @Redbot

We love this place and our lives would be a lot duller without it.

Huge welcome to our 30,000th member @shadow2305 - can we show shadow2305 some love?

1698073876476.png

before ya'll start imagining redbot in a lambo - that is 30k members, not 30k active level 2s (@an_image gonna need a pic of redbot in a lambo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo, congrats RG Community!

And a hearty thanks to the mods/devs and all those at RG who make this work for us!

Last edited:
Whoooo hooo!
World Domination!

As far as material things, my old 960 gfx card is prolly retiring soon.
my 10 year old doughter could get a whole new computer for that kind of money =)

Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats Red and gang! What a milestone!
There is no doubt that this sight brought back the EQ fun that I had years ago.
So happy to have found this sight and the great community!

Cheers!

I Love You GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

Since we hit a milestone I'll make a confession. I don't really hate all Bards. The ones who got me killed back in the bad sure. But the rest is just part of my schtick.

Coolness ! ! !

This site has made Ever Quest so much fun. We are boxing raids with 8-11 people and having a blast.
I am happy for this site it deserve 100%. of the credit.

Congratulations guys.

download.jpg

30K Members is a great achievement. We definitely need to do something to celebrate. How about a BBQ at Red's house!

I'll supply the Troll shaped Cookies!

Is it weird I would rather have the krono instead of the part? (For the winner I can’t recommend the Logitech g915 keyboard enough, best thing I’ve bought in a long time)

It’s crazy that there are so many accounts, it really says how awesome this community is. I joined years ago to run boxes on an emu. Ended up not playing for very long but when I finally got out of the TLP world and back to live I found a home here. While we aren’t a true guild I haven’t enjoyed trolling a forum so much in a long time. Everyone is so helpful and has great advice it’s like having a real EQ guild again. Thanks for everything you all do.

Redguides is the best community. Chocked full of helpful advice, support, and downright goofy flavor that keeps people coming back. <3

Attachments

• demolition-man-high.gif
    demolition-man-high.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
This will be the most jank response on this thread and the most wallet-friendly if it gets selected. There's no particular reason I haven't ordered one of these. But it's been on my mind for push-to-talk for Discord keys. But a USB foot pedal!

thats a lot of RC... when can i request my check?

but seriously, amazing community here, thank just about every one of you.. iykyk... and a new mechanical keyboard so i can clatter!

I made a reply above for the original post, but as for to the raffle/celebration, I would say a newer updated monitor. I don't know if I need to be specific, but I do see a lot of posts with very nice monitors some of you talk about, and that would be a rather nice upgrade.

As for our user amount, I am amazed and it brings me joy to be a part of a community like this. So many times over the years I have had friends ask me, what do you play (computer/ mobile games) and I know they are trying to see if we can play together, but my answer has always been Everquest. I get either a shock or flabbergasted lost face of 'what is Everquest' .

30K other people like me... ahhh. I am home. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back