• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside (1 Viewer)

No benefit there. It is a standard "New Character" so you
  • Start at level 1
  • Can choose a different Class, Race, and Gender
    • Must be different class. Only 1 of each class can be used
  • Can use Heroic Boosts to start at 85 or 100
  • Need to purchase each alt-slot from Marketplace or with Expansion purchase
    • 3x standard
    • 5x-7x for the higher tiers
Tab replaces "Spirit Shrouds", with those now available from Spirit Shroud NPCs.
View attachment 51576

So if you have 3 persona, you'd need 3 full sets of Class-specific Gear, Weapons, Clickies, different Power Sources, and much more.
In the same inventory & bank.
Benefit - Frees up character slots.
Personas will be amazing, if they allow you to switch classes, on the same character. Bard to travel easily with fade, double invis(or rogue for invis) then switch to your mage persona and coth the group, then chanter/shammy and buff, maybe wiz to TP lol. I guess it's better than having to log on 4 different alts to do all that. It will be fun, but I'm sure if it does get released, it will get nerfed to nothingness, like an hour cooldown or something ridiculous like that.
I can see them forcing a "zone to" your bind or home point when changing personas with something like a 30 second cast/activation time so as to not use as an evac. Or make it so you have to be out of combat.

2 missions that we will be farming for anywhere from 18 - 20 slot 5 augs. That sounds like its going to be a blast.

Do people not realize now instead of doing 4 missions for 45 currency eat a 180 now you get 2 at 135 each for 270? I understand being butt hurt over not doing 4 missions but still more efficient for your "statement" of farming augs only.

Personas will be amazing, if they allow you to switch classes, on the same character. Bard to travel easily with fade, double invis(or rogue for invis) then switch to your mage persona and coth the group, then chanter/shammy and buff, maybe wiz to TP lol. I guess it's better than having to log on 4 different alts to do all that. It will be fun, but I'm sure if it does get released, it will get nerfed to nothingness, like an hour cooldown or something ridiculous like that.

Seem pointless none the less, Still have to level the toon, and get a full set of gear etc. mine as well make a secondary toon. Anyone that is on the Redguides forums most likely uses MQ. So reality it isnt difficult to level a character and gear it out.

If i dont want to use a mage woot i can persona to a rogue. but still need to level and aug etc. mine as well just make a nother character and use it. same concept just adding some button to make money is all

Do people not realize now instead of doing 4 missions for 45 currency eat a 180 now you get 2 at 135 each for 270? I understand being butt hurt over not doing 4 missions but still more efficient for your "statement" of farming augs only.
I only usually farm the tank and spank missions anyway so as long as one is bot friendly it’s def a win to me.

I really don't see how alternate personas can work in a way that isn't just super frustrating. For example lore items. If you wanted to switch from one class to another that uses the same heroic stats, then you'd have to manually swap out all your augments from one set of gear to another.... every time you switch.

That's not even getting into type 3 augs for gear that you might want to wear on both classes, like Rallos Zek earring for example.

I do LOVE the idea of it, but I just don't have a lot of faith this dev team has the time to make it work like people want it to.
Yup, those questions have been asked in the DB persona thread.. /crickets so far

:ohdear: missions are not box friendly...
welp then Im out Ill skip this years type 5's / mission augs, over 4k anyway so the return for more hdex is minimal

Yeah I am that frustrated with this xpac, specially love the land sharks /once again

What amazes me about us humans, absor said probably 2 missions, now people are taking that probably as there will defenitly be 4 again /facepalm, looks to me they are so far behind schedule that it may not even be released December 2023

Last edited:
I only usually farm the tank and spank missions anyway so as long as one is bot friendly it’s def a win to me.

Can tell you the heros forge one ATM is not Bot Friendly. have to dodge aura on everyone but tank, pass off a web and burn the final guy. as well as getting the lich guy down asap because he ports around with some shit ass aura

I watched someone streaming the mission. Seemed like pita, not box friendly. 5 raid geared people from end game guild, failed several times (4 or 5), idk if they beat it eventually.

Their is only 1 mission out ATM unless they fixed the other one this morning. and it is most definatly a pita. top 5 raid guild group with new raid weps etc died when slow rolling it

What if the personas thing is implemented so they can restrict each account to 1 character slot? I haven't thought of a good reason why they would do such a thing, but some things the devs do don't make any sense anyway. So....

Last edited:
What if the personas thing is implemented so they can restrict each account to 1 character slot? I haven't thought of a good reason why they would do such a thing, but some things the devs do don't many any sense anyway. So....
Consumers of a product are like children, they should be seen and not heard.. "Anonymous EQ DEV"

After thinking on it some more, Alternate Persona is really just going to be a way to reroll your main. It won't be something you'll be just be switching back and forth on.

The launch of Laurion’s Song is just around the corner! The time has come to march to the sound of your own drum as this expansion launches to Live a mere two weeks from today!

The next expansion for EverQuest, Laurion’s Song, is set to launch on December 5, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. PST. To pre-order your copy today, click here. All Access members enjoy loads of benefits such as 10% off when purchasing an expansion so if you’d like to take advantage of this and the benefits, click here.

The launch of Laurion’s Song is just around the corner! The time has come to march to the sound of your own drum as this expansion launches to Live a mere two weeks from today!

The next expansion for EverQuest, Laurion’s Song, is set to launch on December 5, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. PST. To pre-order your copy today, click here. All Access members enjoy loads of benefits such as 10% off when purchasing an expansion so if you’d like to take advantage of this and the benefits, click here.

Seem's sooner than I was was expecting.

Personally it wont entice me as im boxing, but i do think its a good thing especially if you cant or wont box, but just imagine being solo and grinding along then suddenly coming up against a locked door, bang swap persona your suddenly a rouge do your thing and swap back. Another scenario maybe your plodding away at tradeskills and suddenly you realise you need an enchanter cant find one, i know ill use my persona. This is the way I think it should work as anything that helps the community grow and keep players benifits us all.

Anyone want to share the fastest way to get some beta tokens? :) I haven't gotten a chance to beta, but can spare some time to log in for some easy ones.

Personally it wont entice me as im boxing, but i do think its a good thing especially if you cant or wont box, but just imagine being solo and grinding along then suddenly coming up against a locked door, bang swap persona your suddenly a rouge do your thing and swap back. Another scenario maybe your plodding away at tradeskills and suddenly you realise you need an enchanter cant find one, i know ill use my persona. This is the way I think it should work as anything that helps the community grow and keep players benifits us all.
It's amazing for travel. You can turn your beastlord/warrior/sk whatever, into a bard and run with selo/double invis/fade to wherever you need to go, then switch to a mage and CotH your group, then back to your main for instance. It basically is a way for your main, to have access to abilities from other classes, like CotH, TP, Bard invis/fade/selos, picklock, tracking, buffing etc.. I don't look at them as alts. I won't gear them up much or bother leveling them past whatever I need to, to get the abilities/spells I want to use. I have enough alts lol. It really is amazing that you can switch to a class and use their best signature abilities and spells.

Smoke and mirrors, we were not hitting the damage cap anyway that is not the reason why pure melee sucks.

And here we are asking for more missions, this is going to go across like a lead balloon.
Doing the same 2 missions over and over ... boring

Inventory will be shared so no clickie refarming (mount/port/illusion whatever) what you already have. No refarming for trophies or the personal raid achievment rewards, hero's forge (if you have it on the character).
If you are a class that cannot solo, not really wanted in group can then switch to persona to do things.

My expectation for persona's is that it will be a dumpster fire, not the dev not the project manager seems to know what it is supposed to do. There is a thread on beta where a dev said ask questions (11 oct), people did, nothing answered and its now the 19th, a full workweek later.
Meh @jande i said this months ago...a worthless feature for Redguides community. Why would I want to switch from any of my awesome main chars for an alt persona...f...that just roll a new account and get an extra...whatever...

Same reason shrouds are fucking useless to me...

button GIF
Complaining Season 4 GIF by The Office

It's amazing for travel. You can turn your beastlord/warrior/sk whatever, into a bard and run with selo/double invis/fade to wherever you need to go, then switch to a mage and CotH your group, then back to your main for instance. It basically is a way for your main, to have access to abilities from other classes, like CotH, TP, Bard invis/fade/selos, picklock, tracking, buffing etc.. I don't look at them as alts. I won't gear them up much or bother leveling them past whatever I need to, to get the abilities/spells I want to use. I have enough alts lol. It really is amazing that you can switch to a class and use their best signature abilities and spells.
While we all get 3 persona minimum, I find it so odd a choice for them to give this ability of everyone to be everything at a whim. Such a convoluted concept, for giving a melee caster abilities. Could have easily just added some new focus tab on AA at some crazy cost like 300 AA per other class ability(even a money cost). Every Rogue can be a supreme being. It no longer matters what you play, to a degree?

EverQuest said:
The Direct X API Port will not be shipping with the expansion release on December 5, 2023. We will keep you all updated when we plan on its release and appreciate the continued feedback and testing on it.

I gotta say the hype for this expansion feels low. I know it's anecdotal but normally by this time lots of my guildies are awakening from their slumbers and getting back into the game to prepare. But that just doesn't seem to be happening this year. Might have to find a new guild for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

While we all get 3 persona minimum, I find it so odd a choice for them to give this ability of everyone to be everything at a whim. Such a convoluted concept, for giving a melee caster abilities. Could have easily just added some new focus tab on AA at some crazy cost like 300 AA per other class ability(even a money cost). Every Rogue can be a supreme being. It no longer matters what you play, to a degree?
I think that a lot of people haven't seen that you can only switch in town and now as a result none of the fun stuff is available. It's turned into "jobs" from FF14 with zero of the fun stuff and all of the tedious grind. The only thing that it really helps out is people that want to keep a single character name.

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, December 05, 2023 at 6:00 AM PT* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 6 hours. Servers will unlock no earlier than 12 PM (noon).

Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are available.

*Convert to your local time

GOOD MORNING!!! HAPPY EXPAC DAY!!!

Hope everyone is excited to jump into new expac and learn new things, have some fun with some players and scoop up new items and AAs + level to 125!
Do quests, hunters, missions. importantly missions Heros are Forged drops a evolve Neck get it while everyone is grouping and exping and doing achievements!

Be safe our there! Reminder's DEVS will be out n about watching so don't be douche bags, don't AFK things. be safe and be cautious of other players. ALL top 10 raid players are going to be out killing doing hunters ALL over zones. over 500 real people will be going crazy. BE SAFE HAVE FUN!!!

If you don't know Goodurden has solid great maps out n about somewhere (can google it, I'm sure and get maps just a reminder)
Some people make a Collections list to show what zones and what mobs drop each collects (usually on EQ forums then posted here)
A guild called Reckless Ascension has Entire write ups on quests etc in LS (they also have maps to it looks like). here is link: https://forum.raguild.org/viewforum.php?f=64

Heroes are Forged : This is pita boxing, but it is doable. Minimum 3 toons though due to the clickie mechanics.
Also having a pet class to follow lich around and to destroy the egg_sacs.

Final Fugue: This is very easy, as long as you have a stun class (cle, dru, ench, nec, pal). Can be soloed by a necro.

Patch Notes:

December 5, 2023

*** Laurion's Song ***
Welcome to EverQuest: Laurion's Song, the 30th expansion for EverQuest!
A door appears in the Plane of Tranquility, and the heroes of Norrath walk through to find a warm and cozy-looking building. Light from the windows illuminates a clearing in a forest. Music and voices as well as the tantalizing smell of cooking meat and mead drift on the air. The inn’s presence invites adventurers to rest and revel after exhausting and dangerous exploits. Welcome to the Realm of Heroes, the place where the greatest heroes go when their adventures are over. Can you discover what the mystery is that lies under the façade of comfort and revelry?
- Reach the new maximum level of 125!
- Learn new spells, combat abilities, and alternate abilities.
- Find new items and learn new tradeskill recipes.
- Explore seven new zones.
- Participate in new raids and quests.
- Complete new achievements.
- Swap to another class while retaining your name, inventory and much more with with Alternate Personas. See details below.
- To start, enter into Laurion Inn through a new door in the Plane of Tranquility.

*** AA ***

- Paladin - Blessing of Light - Increased the min/max damage bonus granted to the Divine Might spell line at rank 26 to 775% and 825%, and at rank 27 to 800% and 850% - also increased the damage bonus granted to Blunted Strike at rank 27 to 90%.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Alternate Personas
-- Swap to another class while retaining your name, inventory, and much more with Alternate Personas.
-- An Alternate Persona gives your character the opportunity to play as though you are a different class from within the same character.
-- To create a persona, use the Persona tab of the Inventory Window.
-- Details can be found in the tip window, accessible by clicking on the list of Persona classes.
- Speculative fix for client crashes caused by having multiple corpses in a zone along with the living player.
- Fixed a bug where players would be stuck with an invalid expedition invitation if the expedition was canceled before they responded to the invitation.
- Corrected an issue where progressive disciplines such as Ecliptic Rage would not work from the /discipline command when given the ability name. For example "/disc Ecliptic Rage" would not work.
- Reduced pet combat lag due to spell casting and weapon procs.
- Increased the maximum level cap to 125.

*** UI ***

- Separated "Other" chat filter into multiple channels based on color of the message.

- Changed -
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_Inventory.xml
InventoryWindow.html

- Added -
InventoryWindowPersonas.html

- The EverQuest Team

November 15, 2023

*** Tradeskills ***

- The recipe for Song: Pests of the Piper Rk. II should now make much more sense.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Fixed a bug where rewards from shroud missions wouldn't display properly and were unable to be selected.

*** AA ***

- Added an additional rank of Disruptive Persecution to the Terror of Luclin AAs, available at level 120, that procs Knight's Yaulp VI.

*** Overseer ***

- Optimized UX for starting quests and improved performance.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Updated /camp to accept the 'fast' parameter which allows camping immediately in zones that allow fast camping. This can be used in conjunction with existing parameters.
- The /follow command will no longer consider player corpses as potential targets when a name is provided.

*** UI ***

- Adjusted the color of the health bar in the Target of Target window and the window's default position.
- Windows using the new UI engine can no longer be resized if they are locked.
- Fixed a bug where duplicate buffs would always display the last caster as the caster of the buff.
- Created a new chat filter for Raid Victory Messages to reduce system messages spam.
- Converted the Casting Window to the new UI.
- Added commas to the display of guild tribute amount.
- Fixed an issue where the Respawn Window could become unresponsive.

- Added -
CastingWindow.html

- Changed -
EQUI_TributeBenefitWnd.xml
EQUI_TributeMasterWnd.xml
TargetOfTargetWindow.html
index.html
main.css

- The EverQuest Team

Last edited:
Just read the mission summaries on EQResource and they seem like they will be pita to box even with automation. But I know this community will work it out!
I wonder if there being only 2 means they had more time to do convoluted mechanics in them like clicking a bunch of stuff/triggers/etc. The flip side is with there being only 2 that means this community probably will develop more help doing them (kind of like all the things out there to help with the Kael mission in ToV, getting people to kneel at the right time)

Ha. I had no idea the expac was coming out today. I'm kind of sour about all the cookie cutter expansions over last several years so I didn't purchase NoS for my 12 toons

Ha. I had no idea the expac was coming out today. I'm kind of sour about all the cookie cutter expansions over last several years so I didn't purchase NoS for my 12 toons
this isn't even cookie cutter - it is like the leftovers on the outside of the dough when you use a cookie cutter

Wondering if the are going to release NoS to f2p now or if we'll need to wait a while longer. holding off on pulling the trigger buying it 5 more times if i can progress through NoS first

Wondering if the are going to release NoS to f2p now or if we'll need to wait a while longer. holding off on pulling the trigger buying it 5 more times if i can progress through NoS first
Next in line for f2p is ToL and that's usually in summer, around June I think. Someone said the ToV aa's should become autogranted today though.

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back