• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - EQ Still challenges and makes me smile :) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
333¢
Yes I'm old, 57 now and back playing EQ. Why; because it's great downtime and loose yourself for a few hours from reality. Have a challenge and smiles :)

I'm in no rush to level my team. Reg Guides is providing another path for me to play EQ and enjoy some of the content I missed or just plain did not get around to! lol EQ is BIG!

I did a little searching today to find my way to Valdeholm, part of the The Serpents Spine content. We have all done the basics; Cresent Reach and The Moors, but this time around I'm going to a few of the high-levels places I missed before

Did you realise EQ is this BIG! EQ Map (< click link to EQMaps Everquest World Map) Sometimes I just need to be reminded how much content there is left to explore and have fun in.

I'm basically following MrPatate Leveling Guide - "From character creation to .... YES!!! another Guide" - (level 2 access needed soz!), but taking a lot of side-paths as the whim takes me and my team.

Just getting to Valdholm was a little travelling and fun lol, but trying to sneak down into the "pit" past the Giants was great fun and a nice challenge. Will be here a while as the zone starts at deep blue and has a lot of nice white and yellows to the north side of the city. Lot of named and looks like some great challenges to break mob poop-cycles and camp set up challenges.

But where next? Who know, but I'm really enjoying playing a challenging MMO again, not quite with RL people, but I have 6 bots to think about and they need constant attention (equipment, spells, maybe even epics......)

With free-to-play, Daybreak have been great at getting me hooked back into EQ and having Red Guides and you folks around to help/inspire ....well thank you:)

Same for me when I returned, yes we are older but the game is tons more fun now than it was when I was younger. I can go back and wreck havoc on Shadow Hunter or whichever named cause me grief before lol

There are soooo many tasks, missions and game play that is much easier to do now.

WB!

Welcome back. I take a break from time to time myself even if I stop being active in the game and stay away for 6 months or years it seems that once an eq player always an eq player for quite a few of us. Nostalgia of the sounds and memories of years gone past seem to bring me back for more.

Thank you all:) I'm not sure I'm up for camping the Planes of Power again, but running progression, epics and group content will certainly keep me occupied for some time:)

The only thing I really need to consider is "RL People" and maybe a guild, but not for now. Right now I'm enjoying this community, the "tech-bot" challenges and that little space for myself away from RL "stuff".

If anyone wants to bounce ideas....just DM and we can see;)

I too and am old timer (42) and enjoying my travels through the EQ world. When I was younger I was very social and craved the social aspect of the games I played. These days, and with the help if this forum and the software, I can enjoy the game with a full group whilst maintaining my solo journey! I get my cake and eat it too! :)

Maybe I'll connect back with a guild or the like eventually but not until my solo adventure is completed! Working on trade skills and epics for my group currently and loving it.

WB!

Welcome back! RG has definitely been the only reason I’ve been able to stay back for so long this time around. I started on a fresh server about 15 months ago. I created my team and followed Hero’s Journey into Valdehom where I went splat. From there I’ve now branched out and completed 2.0s on all 6 toons and am beginning planar progression. I did join a guild with mostly old people like us and its been a good ride. I don’t get to raid with them because I am in no hurry. After 15 months or so my team is only level 85! I still get tells all the time from guild mates begging me to let them PL me. Nah, I’m just chillin.

take your time, enjoy the scenery. There’s a big world out there just waiting for you

Discussion - EQ Still challenges and makes me smile :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back