• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Due to unusual activity....2nd form of authentication required. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,153¢
I logged in this evening to find this on one account: "Due to unusual activity...a second form of authentication is required" (had to add phone number to account. Granted, I've been playing a lot between servers on this account and swapping server to server. Thus far, I was able to log into the account and set up the second (phone) authentication. However, I cannot log into the account by MQ2 or the Launcher. Anyone been down this road? Is this a ban? It has only occurred on one of my accounts. I've received no email from DPG.

I opened a ticket requesting additional information. Keeping in mind I don't AFK play or anything else like that.

Last edited:
Thank y'all. I hope that is the case. I was able to log in successfully and submit a ticket. After that, unfortunately, I get an Invalid Credentials when trying to log in with correct ID and PW. I can still reset the password - I am guessing I need to just chill and have them review the ticket and unfreeze (or whatever) the account?

If I am banned I can't imagine myself restarting even though I love the game.

Thank y'all. I hope that is the case. I was able to log in successfully and submit a ticket. After that, unfortunately, I get an Invalid Credentials when trying to log in with correct ID and PW. I can still reset the password - I am guessing I need to just chill and have them review the ticket and unfreeze (or whatever) the account?

If I am banned I can't imagine myself restarting even though I love the game.
Sounds like its just the server issues again and they are all locked now. I really think 80% of the time this is a server blip. Something misfiring. Dunno of reports of any one saying this was legit as in " it asked me to set it up so I did and it worked":doh:

I actually had the exact same issue as the op. now I can‘t get into my baz mule and my gold status is almost up. :bang:
when I tested it out on second baz mule, same exact issue. i left the baz mule online and it’s still logged in but I could not login in through login screen. So the account is not banNed.

It's standard random protocol. Just set it up and be done with it. Nothing to worry about. If you were in trouble for anything they dont go that route its just suspend or ban.

It’s weird how it works, I have 2 accounts created the same day, both up to 110 and only one asked me for that
Yes, it is weird. I have 18 accounts and just recently created 3 in one day, waited a few days and made 2 more in a day, most of my accounts are older though.

I have never been asked to provide or do 2 step anything except when I was line dancing in the bar years ago.

Question - Due to unusual activity....2nd form of authentication required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back