• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Due to unusual activity....2nd form of authentication required.

RedCents
286¢
I logged in this evening to find this on one account: "Due to unusual activity...a second form of authentication is required" (had to add phone number to account. Granted, I've been playing a lot between servers on this account and swapping server to server. Thus far, I was able to log into the account and set up the second (phone) authentication. However, I cannot log into the account by MQ2 or the Launcher. Anyone been down this road? Is this a ban? It has only occurred on one of my accounts. I've received no email from DPG.

I opened a ticket requesting additional information. Keeping in mind I don't AFK play or anything else like that.

Last edited:
RedCents
286¢
Thank y'all. I hope that is the case. I was able to log in successfully and submit a ticket. After that, unfortunately, I get an Invalid Credentials when trying to log in with correct ID and PW. I can still reset the password - I am guessing I need to just chill and have them review the ticket and unfreeze (or whatever) the account?

If I am banned I can't imagine myself restarting even though I love the game.

RedCents
60¢
Thank y'all. I hope that is the case. I was able to log in successfully and submit a ticket. After that, unfortunately, I get an Invalid Credentials when trying to log in with correct ID and PW. I can still reset the password - I am guessing I need to just chill and have them review the ticket and unfreeze (or whatever) the account?

If I am banned I can't imagine myself restarting even though I love the game.
Sounds like its just the server issues again and they are all locked now. I really think 80% of the time this is a server blip. Something misfiring. Dunno of reports of any one saying this was legit as in " it asked me to set it up so I did and it worked":doh:

Mikey02

RedCents
180¢
I actually had the exact same issue as the op. now I can‘t get into my baz mule and my gold status is almost up. :bang:
when I tested it out on second baz mule, same exact issue. i left the baz mule online and it’s still logged in but I could not login in through login screen. So the account is not banNed.