• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Do you all use mounts? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
Lots of macros I see state that it's best to run without a mount when using nav or any of the movement commands in the macros.

Even saw a shaman ini that said "your shaman should be melee-ing the mob."

Question is, do you sit any of your toons on mounts or no? Is the benefit of perma-sitting outweighed by the hassle of dealing with the mount?

Lots of macros I see state that it's best to run without a mount when using nav or any of the movement commands in the macros.

Even saw a shaman ini that said "your shaman should be melee-ing the mob."

Question is, do you sit any of your toons on mounts or no? Is the benefit of perma-sitting outweighed by the hassle of dealing with the mount?
if possible i keep my cleric on a mount - and i don't have it melee - maybe sometime in the future, but for now, with how fast incoming damage happens, i don't want my cleric target swapping to the mob and back and forth - might be worth exploring in ToV since undead and such, however.

Shammies get melee juice so prolly melee with ur sham if you can

Different folks have different needs based on a whole multitude of things - if you don't want to melee, don't sweat it.

I'd really like to see dbg expand the implied target healing (target of target) to all heals and not just the hybrid classes. eq2 had this and it was very nice for healing/debuffing

I do, where possible. When I move about I pause all macro's then issue a command that dismounts on all and also does dual invis (because I can). I have a separate pause for my "driving" toon. I move around using Pause > Invis > Follow > Unfollow > Unpause > Uninvis ; it's been the most reliable way for me.

e.g.
Pause:-
/dgge /mqp

AllInvis:
/dex CLERIC /alt activate 1212
/dex ENCHANTER /alt activate 1210
/dgga /dismount

DropInvis:-
/dgga /makemevisible

As a ranger, I don't see much benefit other than looks. Cool watching me shoot arrows from a horse but looks akward when in melee with the mob. All of my casters - chanter, wiz, mage and sometimes shaman use mounts. Unless they want to get in and fight! Then they drop the mount and go toe to toe!

Yeah I would never use a mount with melee or tanks. Casters, I assume all use mounts. The .inis almost always have mounts in the buffs sections. And my SHM uses a mount.

You would lose a lot of DPS with a melee toon on a mount. Lots of fights are over fairly quickly and the additional time it would take for positioning on a mount isn’t worth the missing DPS IMO

As a ranger, I don't see much benefit other than looks. Cool watching me shoot arrows from a horse but looks akward when in melee with the mob. All of my casters - chanter, wiz, mage and sometimes shaman use mounts. Unless they want to get in and fight! Then they drop the mount and go toe to toe!

As a ranger main, being able to be mounted is HUGE if you're doing full burns. In a legit full burn a ranger can go from full mana to OOM in under 90 seconds. A mount helps extend that just a bit more.

I have found Mounts to be very handy for my caster characters. But using a mount and trying to melee, they overshoot the approach and waste too much time moving forward, turning around, moving forward again because of the increase velocity while mounted. Suppose I could add a DPS condition to /dismount . . .
but for the casters it benefits them the sitting mana regen speed without the sitting agro, so definitely worth it.

Personally I hate using them! HATE! Just small movements seem to interrupt spell casting due to the "over run" a mount seems to do. Its almost like mounts are sliding on ice (no ToV pun intended) even when they move just a couple of steps. Having face mob or rear or any other set up causes your toon to move. While on foot they plant solid and cast, whereas on a mount they tend to slide and then plant, causing interrupts in spell casting. Some ini get buggy where casters just wont sit and med. JBs wizard wont sit and med (though I have never looked into it). These prickly pear toons I have to usually put up on mounts for obvious mana issues.

The general rule is if you are a non melee mana user then sit on your mount all else stand. For melee you should use your mount just to get the buff "if the buff is worth having" then dismount.

Question - Do you all use mounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back