• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - DirectX 11 API Port is live! (1 Viewer)

You're not wrong about business model. DX11 should have never ever rolled out. The entire process has been problematic and they need to fix it, 100%.

Until a fix happens, what do you do? Try to mitigate and find some semblance of solution that works so you can play? Rage quit and unsub? Do Nothing? Write your congressman about the bad practices?

I'm all for crucifying people for a bad rollout and getting it fixed, but I also want to be able to play. so I went with a bandaid solution for now.

I am betting they roll back to the original emulation instead of treading this DX11 path just yet. There are way too many people complaining about far too many things right now on their forums for them to just try and piece it all together a little at a time.

If they were going to do that they would have already done so.

I'm hopping they put in an option switch like the NewUI, but given how badly they've rolled out everything else in the last year+ I'm not betting on it.

Advanced lighting makes everything so BRIGHT I can't even look at anything WHITE, I need sun glasses. My power supply fan goes CRAZY up and down while my other 13 case fans are stationary (They are set up on a curve), anyone know why this would happed? You can't regulate a Power Supply fan :( . When I use advanced lighting, the enhanced vision slider doesn't appear to affect the brightness much at all. But I can uses shadows now with no stress on the system, it gives the game a little more enhancement for me. Not sure why the power supply goes nutz with advanced lighting, just glad I don't need it as it is way to bright anyway. I don't stutter much at all, only when turning around real fast, which is very annoying on big pulls when you get turned around. (Please don't laugh at my GPU)
1705822273995.png 1705822308292.png1705822407338.png

I have been at this gaming session for 17 hours 6 boxing and web surfing.

This is running 6 boxes:
1705822510865.png1705822656895.png1705822977676.png

Attachments

• 1705822810341.png
    1705822810341.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1705822581731.png
    1705822581731.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
Advanced lighting makes everything so BRIGHT I can't even look at anything WHITE, I need sun glasses. My power supply fan goes CRAZY up and down while my other 13 case fans are stationary (They are set up on a curve), anyone know why this would happed? You can't regulate a Power Supply fan :( . When I use advanced lighting, the enhanced vision slider doesn't appear to affect the brightness much at all. But I can uses shadows now with no stress on the system, it gives the game a little more enhancement for me. Not sure why the power supply goes nutz with advanced lighting, just glad I don't need it as it is way to bright anyway. I don't stutter much at all, only when turning around real fast, which is very annoying on big pulls when you get turned around. (Please don't laugh at my GPU)
View attachment 56355 View attachment 56356View attachment 56357

I have been at this gaming session for 17 hours 6 boxing and web surfing.

This is running 6 boxes:
View attachment 56358View attachment 56360View attachment 56362

Your PC starts to work more when you have Advanced lightning on, more work more Wattage it wants, more strain on the PSU= Higher RPM on the PSU to keep it cool, but you surely knows this already.

How many Watts does your PSU have?

The I9 can easily burn +250W, then the GPU 300W (Nvidia does only count the TDP of the GPU, not the whole card itself as AMD does, vRAM etc)

Not sure if you're using ISX or not but if you are, update to latest experimental build. It fixed a lot of issues.
Are you able to link the ISX thread on the changes to make? I just got back from vacation and tried the development build and my PC is handling it like garbage. I am running a 14900K, 4090, 64GB of ram and I can barely move a single toon through the lobby without dropping some massive frames with Innerspace.

The latest experimental build should’ve fixed all that. before The latest update, you could increase the frame cap to offset the stuttering but Lax patched that without a day.1k make sure you check experimental builds when you go to update ISX.

The latest experimental build should’ve fixed all that. before The latest update, you could increase the frame cap to offset the stuttering but Lax patched that without a day.1k make sure you check experimental builds when you go to update ISX.
I checked and made sure I was using the development build and still having massive issues. I'll have to keep playing around and see I guess.

Your PC starts to work more when you have Advanced lightning on, more work more Wattage it wants, more strain on the PSU= Higher RPM on the PSU to keep it cool, but you surely knows this already.

How many Watts does your PSU have?

The I9 can easily burn +250W, then the GPU 300W (Nvidia does only count the TDP of the GPU, not the whole card itself as AMD does, vRAM etc)
The power supply:
1705868584464.png

It would appear I can't run EQ anymore. Not sure when I would be able to again at this point.
I've tried everything I can think of so far as well as a few suggestions from this thread.

My toons are going LD after 3 to 10min of logging in repeatedly, regardless of what I've tried thus far.

Hardware:
Considering my hardware may no longer support EQ and I may have to build a new PC if I can scratch up the funds.
Looking for advice on the Hardware part of those who know EQ requirements believe I should or should not be able to run EQ on this build anymore with the new DX11 requirement. I believe it to be very sketchy especially with my GPU.
I'm open to suggestions if those who know hardware+EQ if a simple upgrade to the GPU and/or CPU would do the trick for helping me limp along instead of a whole new build.

Networking:
Additional problem I'm facing coincidentally (I'm very skeptical of coincidences) is my network keeps bouncing on/off 2 to 10x per hour since the update.
Still working on the network issues as well in case that is my main problem and not the new DX11 requirement.

I built my current box back in Jan 2011:
    • Upgraded to Win10 Pro
    • All automatic updates installed
    • My hardware is not compatible with Win11
  • DxDiag: DirectX 12 installed via installing Win 10, years ago
  • CPU: Intel i7 950 4-Core 8-Thread @ 3.07GHz | Unchanged from build
    • CPU Water Cooler: Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 (Radiator sandwiched between dual fans pushing out the back) | Unchanged from build
      • These fans have been replaced twice
    • Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste
      • Completely cleaned once and replaced with the same
  • RAM: 24GB (Maxed out MB) | 6x Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600 | Unchanged from build
  • GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 | Unchanged from build
    • Updated to the Final firmware & software release of March 2018
      • This is 5mo newer than the update I did have installed
    • No more updates available
    • I'm open to suggestions if those who know hardware+EQ if a simple upgrade to the GPU and/or CPU would do the trick for helping me limp along instead of a whole new build.
  • MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 SATA 6GB/s USB 3.0 ATX | :dance: Ooooo... w/ USB 3.0 - Now that's cutting edge! | Unchanged from build
    • Spec Sheet
    • Driver Support ended for this MB with Win7
    • BIOS Version listed as 'FB' which does not show up on the spec sheet for this model on GIGABYTE's website.
      • I ASS-u-ME this may be a result of Win10 install updating that possibly?
    • This MB can support up to Core™ i7-990X
    • I'm open to suggestions if those who know hardware+EQ if a simple upgrade to the GPU and/or CPU would do the trick for helping me limp along instead of a whole new build.
  • HDs: Duel WD 1TB 10kRPM Raptors in Raid 0 w/ a 1TB 7200RPM secondary drive for backup
    • Upgraded to Primary Drive being a 2TB SSD w/ a secondary 2TB SSD and an external backup drive array.
  • Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 - High Air Flow Mid Tower | Unchanged from build
    • Airflow: Front, 200mm (in) / Top, 200mm (out) / Side, 2x 120mm (out) / Back, 2x 120mm sandwiching the CPU water cooler radiator (out)
    • Grill around the side fans & top fan allow for more air to be sucked in as I have a negative air pressure being created in my case.
    • I meticulously clean this case every apx 3mo with a deep clean apx every year.
    • All fans have been replaced twice.
  • PSU: Rosewill 1000W
    • Two years ago, a fan blade broke off and was slowly melting inside the PSU unit - Bad JuJu!
    • Replaced with a new Corsair RM1000x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold - Low-Noise Fan - Zero RPM
  • Other initial hardware & upgrades along the way for versatility and such. None of them pertain to the situation and questions at hand.
  • VPN: I have a VPN service which I have my family subscribed to which has never caused an issue with using EQ for me.

Running:
  • Win10 Pro
  • DirectX v12
  • VPN WiFi Router
  • ISBoxer
    • I have not been running Innerspace or ISBoxer for several years, maybe since 2016.
  • RedGuides Launcher / MQ Next
  • EQBCS
    • Slowly changing over to DanNet
  • DanNet
  • FrameLimiter (settings in attachments)
    • Same settings currently for all toons
  • 9 Mains - I had just dinged them all 125 before the recent update.
    • Years ago I used to be able to get 12 to 18 toons on without too much trouble.
  • Driver toon with Stick Figures OFF & all others with Stick Figures ON
  • Operating on WiFi due to the CAT chewing thru the two data cables wrapping around the room to my desk area in the living room.
    • All the cables behind the TV stand where the cable modem and WiFi Router are located are protected by an enormity of stuff the cat can't fully get back there.
    • She is a loveable ball of fluff, don't get me wrong, however, she has two demerits against her 9-lives for the two data cables she has destroyed. Now that she is out of kittenhood, I may finally look into getting some new Cables to install and run around the room to my desk... this time with some extra Anti-Cat shielding!!

Since the recent update:
  • I have worked to ensure all my hardware & software was updated including firmware if possible.
  • Tried the Mipmapping idea (swap TRUE for FALSE or vice versa) within eqclient.ini from Cannonballdex, iirc.
  • Noticed my network was bouncing (turning off and on about 2 to 10x per hour)
    • Factory Reset my WiFi Router (2yr old) and re-setup my home network /shrug.
      • Still experiencing bouncing of the network.
    • Called to the carpet my ISP to get my Cable Modem replaced finally:
      • The old cable modem is 13yo. I bitched about it 7yrs ago when I was sure it was acting up and they refused to replace it as it was a model they still were using in the wild. They promised me they would contact me in the future when it was time to replace it. Ugh! They never did and life got really busy and I forgot to deal with it or just did not care as it was lower priority.
      • Replacement Cable Modem arrived yesterday and I have since installed it.
      • Will be calling my ISP in the AM to get a Human to talk with to find out what else they can do on their end up to and including sending a tech out to verify the physical parts up to my wall where it enters and it becomes my responsibility.
        • Did Not Happen -- Was too dead tired and became pointless after changing out to the new cable modem which eventually helped in resolving my network issues.
      • While installing the new cable modem, I did not replace the cable from the wall to the modem as it is very difficult to reach / dig back to where that is. I intend to tomorrow dig back there to replace it. That is going to be a huge chore as if I'm moving out unfortunately. Gonna make the wife.... wonder / mad / something I'm sure.
        • Did Not Happen -- Was too dead tired and became pointless after changing out to the new cable modem which eventually helped in resolving my network issues.
    • Still uncertain if the bouncing of the network is what keeps kicking all my toons off or if they are going LD due to DX11 requirement in between bouncing of the network.
    • I was not experiencing bouncing of the network nor my toons going LD after 3 to 5min of logging in until after the most recent update requiring DX11.
    • I don't have another location locally I can take my PC to test out on another network.
      • Although I can yet test Wireless Data through my phone network (will update this line later)
        • Did Not Happen -- I will eventually take some time to test this.

This is all I can think of at the moment.
I appreciate any assist anyone may have for my situation.

Thank you in advance,
~TheFiddler~

Attachments

• FrameLimiter-Back.JPG
    FrameLimiter-Back.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FrameLimiter-Fore.JPG
    FrameLimiter-Fore.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Graphics:
I would turn off rendering imgui at simulation rate. Increase foreground frame limiting to 30 fps. Decrease background fps to .001. Turn off save settings by character so it'll apply to all.

Adjust EQ's framelimiter to max foreground, min background fps.

Networking:
Do you have the option of being on a 2g or 5g connection with your router? 2g is a better option if you're farther away from your access point and or the signal doesn't have an object free path. 5g is best if you are closer to your access point and the signal has a clear path without obstruction.

Check the orientation of the antennas if your router has any, try to give it a clear path to broadcast a clean signal. Does your network disconnect when eq isn't running? See what happens when one client is running.

Other:
I'd take a look at Task Manager to see your resources when your boxes are loaded. If resources are maxed out, it may cause your system to become unstable. Maybe it's crashing your network? Do you have other applications open that are taking up valuable memory and CPU cycles?

Myself and others have had success in backing up eqclient.ini, by moving it out of EQ's directory then running eq's client launcher > advanced tools > game configuration. Go through the prompts to rebuild a new one. After that open up your original eqclient.ini and copy / paste your keybinds into your new eqclient.ini.

Try this fix from a Dev on the EQ forums, post #127. EQ Forum Graphics Fix

When I run the game configuration, I use the classic models except the Vah Shir. I use the lowest texture quality setting, no shadows or fancy lighting. My sound is always off and I use the no sound.txt file in the eq directory.

Everyone has different preferences and limitations. I recommend turning fancy graphics down until your game runs smoothly, from there you can slowly adjust settings to find the balance of performance and quality.

Last edited:
Graphics:
I would turn off rendering imgui at simulation rate. Increase foreground frame limiting to 30 fps. Decrease background fps to .001. Turn off save settings by character so it'll apply to all.

Adjust EQ's framelimiter to max foreground, min background fps.
@DEADCiTiES - Thank you for your reply on this!
I will try these settings to see how it holds. My FrameLimiter was set as low as I could go and still have it not too bad for being able to watch both screens and see some rendering. Generally my GPU is not over taxed unless I'm just logging on and it calms down to where I can't hear it within about 2 to 3min.

Networking:
Do you have the option of being on a 2g or 5g connection with your router? 2g is a better option if you're farther away from your access point and or the signal doesn't have an object free path. 5g is best if you are closer to your access point and the signal has a clear path without obstruction.

Check the orientation of the antennas if your router has any, try to give it a clear path to broadcast a clean signal.
Cable Modem is located on the TV stand.
WiFi Router located 7ft up on the wall beside it.
Direct line of sight from my WiFi antennae on my PC to the WiFi Router with apx 15ft distance.
Always on 5g in this case. 2.4g is also setup as a fail-over just in case it's needed.

Ookla Speed Tests:
"Speedtest-Server1.JPG" - Possible primary path located 330mi
Speedtest-Server1.JPG

"Speedtest-Server2.JPG" - Possible secondary path located 168mi
Speedtest-Server2.JPG

"Speedtest-DBG-SanDiego-SoCal.JPG" - End run to DBG in San Diego, SoCal located 945mi
Speedtest-DBG-SanDiego-SoCal.JPG

Does your network disconnect when eq isn't running? See what happens when one client is running.
Yes, my network is disconnecting very frequently while several hours on either end of me trying to get EQ to work. My wife and I have been having to turn off WiFi on our phones at home to help ensure we don't have calls dropped as our WiFi Calling is turned ON on our phones (and then remeber to turn WiFi back on). When the network disconnects it drops calls if WiFi is turned on. While the WiFi is off, we don't get dropped calls at home as we do have OK connection to the local cell tower.
Cell Phone calling, Schooling & Tests online as well as Streaming services have all been affected since the same timeframe (day) of the update DBG pushed out. All of these have been external of my PC.

Other:
I'd take a look at Task Manager to see your resources when your boxes are loaded. If resources are maxed out, it may cause your system to become unstable. Maybe it's crashing your network? Do you have other applications open that are taking up valuable memory and CPU cycles?
Each time I have been trying to run EQ after having issues from last patch, I have been rebooting my PC to help ensure it is as clean as possible.
For the most part I don't have much bloat in memory. There is apx 500MB total RAM usage that is not EQ when I run it taking up apx 1% CPU.
GPU & CPU are mostly as quite as a church mouse, whisper quite. Once in a while they get louder, but it does not last but a few mins at most.
Yes, some zones cause more draw and can get my case about as loud as casual conversation among 20 people in a room up to excited conversation among 50 people in a room.

"TaskManager-UnderLoad-9PCs.JPG"
TaskManager-UnderLoad-9PCs.JPG

"ResourceMonitor-UnderLoad-9PCs.JPG"
ResourceMonitor-UnderLoad-9PCs.JPG

Myself and others have had success in backing up eqclient.ini, by moving it out of EQ's directory then running eq's client launcher > advanced tools > game configuration. Go through the prompts to rebuild a new one. After that open up your original eqclient.ini and copy / paste your keybinds into your new eqclient.ini.

Try this fix from a Dev on the EQ forums, post #127. EQ Forum Graphics Fix

When I run the game configuration, I use the classic models except the Vah Shir. I use the lowest texture quality setting, no shadows or fancy lighting. My sound is always off and I use the no sound.txt file in the eq directory.

Everyone has different preferences and limitations. I recommend turning fancy graphics down until your game runs smoothly, from there you can slowly adjust settings to find the balance of performance and quality.
I will be working on testing this when I can. Dead tired here from yesterday and pulling an all-nighter with schooling & my original post when I could be connected.
More stuff to test! EQ is secondary but still want it up and running again. I'm in finals week with my studies and my proctored tests being interrupted by network bouncing does not make for a happy fiddler. Just another reason I'm glad I have ability to use my phone's mobile hotspot to connect my PC to the net for the proctored tests at least.

~TheFiddler~

I think the overall disconnects per hour have gone down since I installed the new cable modem.
They do still occur, just not as frequently. This AM while replying to Dead above, I believe I only had 3 or 4 disconnects and my toons were able to stay online for at least 20min.
More testing and playing with settings needed but likely will have to wait for a lot of it until I'm into the new semester of schooling.

~TheFiddler~

The weak link your current build is
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB
That card has 1.2 gigs of ram
Not going to cut it.
Your going to get the game to load but if you load up a few boxes and try to game on it your going to hit a wall and bottleneck at your gpu.
Quick fix hit Newegg and places for a good deal on a vid card.
Just going over your build that’s what I see

my gfx card was the 970 and that went splat right on its face. i upgraded to the nvidia gforce 4070 and whoo its a screamer no lag no stuttering nada run up to 50 toons

6 boxes up in just POK
Graphics turned down and tweaked and I have a
I57500 16 gigs ram and a GTX 780 3 gig Gpu

Attachments

• IMG_6348.jpeg
    IMG_6348.jpeg
    789.7 KB · Views: 0
There have been some possibilities posted on the eq forums for the darkness but I have tried them all and none have worked. Just really bummed that I could still box as many as I want ...............if I could just see the screen.

I open a bag and all the slots are black and if the item is dark colored like rat whiskers then you can't see them.

Not really playable for me at this point.

Im in the same boat. Nomatter what I do EQ is dark and ugly. I driving the gama up with the nvdia control panel will make my screen brighter and the desktop washed out but then going back into the EQ window the game itself is still dark and hard af to play on.

In some zones Everquest is unplayable because of the extrem stuttering in FPS.

I tried some of the Memory.ini. tweaks that is on the EQ-forum but none works.

The DX 11 migration for now, its a bad joke.

It would appear I can't run EQ anymore. Not sure when I would be able to again at this point.
I've tried everything I can think of so far as well as a few suggestions from this thread.

My toons are going LD after 3 to 10min of logging in repeatedly, regardless of what I've tried thus far.

Hardware:
Considering my hardware may no longer support EQ and I may have to build a new PC if I can scratch up the funds.
Looking for advice on the Hardware part of those who know EQ requirements believe I should or should not be able to run EQ on this build anymore with the new DX11 requirement. I believe it to be very sketchy especially with my GPU.
I'm open to suggestions if those who know hardware+EQ if a simple upgrade to the GPU and/or CPU would do the trick for helping me limp along instead of a whole new build.

Networking:
Additional problem I'm facing coincidentally (I'm very skeptical of coincidences) is my network keeps bouncing on/off 2 to 10x per hour since the update.
Still working on the network issues as well in case that is my main problem and not the new DX11 requirement.

I built my current box back in Jan 2011:
    • Upgraded to Win10 Pro
    • All automatic updates installed
    • My hardware is not compatible with Win11
  • DxDiag: DirectX 12 installed via installing Win 10, years ago
  • CPU: Intel i7 950 4-Core 8-Thread @ 3.07GHz | Unchanged from build
    • CPU Water Cooler: Corsair Hydro H70 CWCH70 (Radiator sandwiched between dual fans pushing out the back) | Unchanged from build
      • These fans have been replaced twice
    • Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste
      • Completely cleaned once and replaced with the same
  • RAM: 24GB (Maxed out MB) | 6x Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600 | Unchanged from build
  • GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 | Unchanged from build
    • Updated to the Final firmware & software release of March 2018
      • This is 5mo newer than the update I did have installed
    • No more updates available
  • MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 SATA 6GB/s USB 3.0 ATX | :dance: Ooooo... w/ USB 3.0 - Now that's cutting edge! | Unchanged from build
    • Spec Sheet
    • Driver Support ended for this MB with Win7
    • BIOS Version listed as 'FB' which does not show up on the spec sheet for this model on GIGABYTE's website.
      • I ASS-u-ME this may be a result of Win10 install updating that possibly?
    • This MB can support up to Core™ i7-990X
  • HDs: Duel WD 1TB 10kRPM Raptors in Raid 0 w/ a 1TB 7200RPM secondary drive for backup
    • Upgraded to Primary Drive being a 2TB SSD w/ a secondary 2TB SSD and an external backup drive array.
  • Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 - High Air Flow Mid Tower | Unchanged from build
    • Airflow: Front, 200mm (in) / Top, 200mm (out) / Side, 2x 120mm (out) / Back, 2x 120mm sandwiching the CPU water cooler radiator (out)
    • Grill around the side fans & top fan allow for more air to be sucked in as I have a negative air pressure being created in my case.
    • I meticulously clean this case every apx 3mo with a deep clean apx every year.
    • All fans have been replaced twice.
  • PSU: Rosewill 1000W
    • Two years ago, a fan blade broke off and was slowly melting inside the PSU unit - Bad JuJu!
    • Replaced with a new Corsair RM1000x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold - Low-Noise Fan - Zero RPM
  • Other initial hardware & upgrades along the way for versatility and such. None of them pertain to the situation and questions at hand.
  • VPN: I have a VPN service which I have my family subscribed to which has never caused an issue with using EQ for me.

Running:
  • Win10 Pro
  • DirectX v12
  • VPN WiFi Router
  • ISBoxer
    • I have not been running Innerspace or ISBoxer for several years, maybe since 2016.
  • RedGuides Launcher / MQ Next
  • EQBCS
    • Slowly changing over to DanNet
  • DanNet
  • FrameLimiter (settings in attachments)
    • Same settings currently for all toons
  • 9 Mains - I had just dinged them all 125 before the recent update.
    • Years ago I used to be able to get 12 to 18 toons on without too much trouble.
  • Driver toon with Stick Figures OFF & all others with Stick Figures ON
  • Operating on WiFi due to the CAT chewing thru the two data cables wrapping around the room to my desk area in the living room.
    • All the cables behind the TV stand where the cable modem and WiFi Router are located are protected by an enormity of stuff the cat can't fully get back there.
    • She is a loveable ball of fluff, don't get me wrong, however, she has two demerits against her 9-lives for the two data cables she has destroyed. Now that she is out of kittenhood, I may finally look into getting some new Cables to install and run around the room to my desk... this time with some extra Anti-Cat shielding!!

Since the recent update:
  • I have worked to ensure all my hardware & software was updated including firmware if possible.
  • Tried the Mipmapping idea (swap TRUE for FALSE or vice versa) within eqclient.ini from Cannonballdex, iirc.
  • Noticed my network was bouncing (turning off and on about 2 to 10x per hour)
    • Factory Reset my WiFi Router (2yr old) and re-setup my home network /shrug.
    • Called to the carpet my ISP to get my Cable Modem replaced finally:
      • The old cable modem is 13yo. I bitched about it 7yrs ago when I was sure it was acting up and they refused to replace it as it was a model they still were using in the wild. They promised me they would contact me in the future when it was time to replace it. Ugh! They never did and life got really busy and I forgot to deal with it or just did not care as it was lower priority.
      • Replacement Cable Modem arrived yesterday and I have since installed it.
      • Will be calling my ISP in the AM to get a Human to talk with to find out what else they can do on their end up to and including sending a tech out to verify the physical parts up to my wall where it enters and it becomes my responsibility.
      • While installing the new cable modem, I did not replace the cable from the wall to the modem as it is very difficult to reach / dig back to where that is. I intend to tomorrow dig back there to replace it. That is going to be a huge chore as if I'm moving out unfortunately. Gonna make the wife.... wonder / mad / something I'm sure.
    • Still uncertain if the bouncing of the network is what keeps kicking all my toons off or if they are going LD due to DX11 requirement in between bouncing of the network.
    • I was not experiencing bouncing of the network nor my toons going LD after 3 to 5min of logging in until after the most recent update requiring DX11.
    • I don't have another location locally I can take my PC to test out on another network.
      • Although I can yet test Wireless Data through my phone network (will update this line later)

This is all I can think of at the moment.
I appreciate any assist anyone may have for my situation.

Thank you in advance,
~TheFiddler~
I looked up your GPU. It does not support the DirectX feature level (11_1) that is required by EQ. Your card only does 11_0. You can verify this with dxdiag. You will, at a minimum, need a new GPU. Even though you have DX12 installed via windows doesn't mean that your GPU can support all the features of DX11/12 that a game developer will use in their program. So I suggest you start by pricing out GPUs that you can afford and verify that the card supports "DirectX feature level 11_1"

Quick update ... I still have yet to do further testing until after Wed / Thur this week.
  • Me saying previously that those screenshots were "under load" is not accurate. I was dead tired and using the wrong term. Those screenshots were with my toons loaded but idle in PoK. Even if I try to enter something like Ka Vethan my PC / GPU do not calm down even while just standing in a corner in Ka Vethan.
  • It took a few days but I have a consensus from my family that we have not been experiencing any network bouncing for a few days now. It did continue for a day or so after swapping to the new cable modem. Within 24hrs I believe it stopped.
  • I have ordered the best CPU my MB will take, Intel Core i7-990X 3.46 GHz 6 Core, and a GPU (GeForce RTX 4070 12GB). Even though this is PCIe v4, it's backwards compatible with my v2 slots.
  • Depending on arrival times, I hopefully will have this all installed by the beginning of next week. Then to fight all the stutter and jitter of non-focused toons.

New GPU Installed Update:

Installed my new 4070 GPU after using my DataVac to clean everything up real well.
I have run some tests with various things and come up with some numbers:

All these tests below were with Luclin Models ON and Stick Figures OFF.
Thus far only MipMapping was turned to FALSE in my eqclient.ini. No other changes have been made.

1707236025975.png

A few awesome things that have happened after using the new GPU:
  • I have No more jitter on Non-Focused screen associated with the DirectX 11.1 update.
  • Running with all models on and No Stick Figures anymore.
  • GPU Temp never exceeded 40℃. The fans don't even engage until it reaches 50℃. No fan action even with 22 accounts up and running.
An issue I ran into trying to get all 22 accounts I have up and running at the same time. My computer overall was slower and slower to load the accounts. For the last 12 accounts, each group of 6 had 1 toon that would not load into game from character select it would bounce back to server select saying there was no response from the server. So I would hit <End> when it would get to character select again and enter world on the 2ndary toon on that account as trying the one that was bouncing would just cause it to bounce back to server select again.

Today my CPU upgrade will be arriving. I get to do brain surgery on my comp tonight! Already have the new thermal grease.... waiting! Kryonaut by Thermal Grizzly. Newer stuff. Don't think this existed back when I built this PC. Back then the Arctic Silver was the best around.

Very happy that I was able to ostensibly get away with only $700ish of upgrades to my PC to extend the life of what I have and not break the bank with a new PC.

~TheFiddler~

News - DirectX 11 API Port is live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back