• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Crystalized Velium Ore (1 Viewer)

I've gotten like 2-3 since the last patch - definitely lowered it to a near grinding halt --- but they do drop still

Thank you, I was really beginning to question if they even dropped. So I guess it was a major nerf combined with probably some extra bad luck on my part. Has anyone noticed if they drop at a higher rate in T2 zones?

Thank you, I was really beginning to question if they even dropped. So I guess it was a major nerf combined with probably some extra bad luck on my part. Has anyone noticed if they drop at a higher rate in T2 zones?
Been in Kael all day. Out of 7 named or so got 2. Guess that is about the same as before for me anyway. Got 7 pelts though so I guess I am not totally out of luck.

I had decent luck near windchill, too, but not pulling the griffins or mammoths fuckin sucks... that draw ability they do is a real drag.

In beta this was discussed, the pick is around 60. Ngreth said the npc count could easily sustain 75 so he wasn't going to lower it.

I'm very surprised they didnt rollback. I'd heard they were considering it.

Except Kael. That’s no walk in the part.
Kael favors a group makeup with strong tanking and healing whereas most boxers build their groups around DPS. I've been doing Kael daily with a friend of mine who plays a paladin along with me 5 boxing, which includes 2 healers. We make the mission look stupid easy.

Griklor still nails me, getting very frustrated. Caster group so burst DPS doesn't seem to be enough.

The patch will change how Griklor paths and (i'm presuming) the speed he paths to make it more challenging (my guess). On the other hand, he'll stay down for at least 10 seconds each time, so there's that. Nothing more frustrating than having him come down only to turn around and immediately pop back on his fucking griffin.

For my own curiosity, has anyone had a Crystalized Velium Ore drop off of any named OUTSIDE of an instance since last patch? If so, what zone?

I get one ore from every mission without fail but I have killed dozens of named and not ONE single drop. Either Im super unlucky or maybe there was a nerf to the nerf?

Ore drops in T2 zones seem near non existent now - T1 seems "ok" but not what it used to be.

Instances certainly the way to go now though, cant' recall the last time I did and instance and didn't get one in the chest.

Instances certainly the way to go now though, cant' recall the last time I did and instance and didn't get one in the chest.
They are 100% guaranteed to drop in missions. T2 (velks, kael) also have a small chance to drop the precious version needed to make ToV type 18 augs. Eventually T1 missions will get that chance as well, but currently they do not.

I've had great luck until recently in a T1 zone. Now I'm hardly getting any ore drops. 1 in the last couple days. Not sure how many named kills but It's never been this slow before. Not for me anyway.

there were like five replies after yours... I wasn’t addressing my comment directly at you. Simmer down.

I don't see anyone asking about instances after my post and since this is my thread and you didn't quote anyone else's reply it seemed a pretty fair assumption you were replying to me. So who were you replying to exactly?

well I've only killed 2 x t1 named and them only a few times each and got two ores in one night yesterday.
My first time in the new expac to be honest so didn't even have a clue what I was doing or looking for just trying a couple of spots out.

Question - Crystalized Velium Ore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back