• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Crystalized Velium Ore

Sic

MQ2 Diplomat
RedCents
12,912¢
Have these completely stopped dropping in T1 zones now or am I just very unlucky? I have killed 20+ named without a single drop. =(
I've gotten like 2-3 since the last patch - definitely lowered it to a near grinding halt --- but they do drop still

RedCents
257¢
I've gotten like 2-3 since the last patch - definitely lowered it to a near grinding halt --- but they do drop still
Thank you, I was really beginning to question if they even dropped. So I guess it was a major nerf combined with probably some extra bad luck on my part. Has anyone noticed if they drop at a higher rate in T2 zones?

RedCents
150¢
Thank you, I was really beginning to question if they even dropped. So I guess it was a major nerf combined with probably some extra bad luck on my part. Has anyone noticed if they drop at a higher rate in T2 zones?
Been in Kael all day. Out of 7 named or so got 2. Guess that is about the same as before for me anyway. Got 7 pelts though so I guess I am not totally out of luck.

neflyte3

RedCents
114¢
So far i have gotten 3 from windchill in 24 hours..... Luckily i farmed most of mine from That T2 Great Divide mob that was chain popping right after TOV when live.

Sum1

Diehard is a christmas movie
RedCents
3,368¢
I had decent luck near windchill, too, but not pulling the griffins or mammoths fuckin sucks... that draw ability they do is a real drag.

RedCents
44¢
Before the patch we had a long period with bonus on rare nameds too so we got more ore and more precious ore too.
And Midgridor was camped 24/7 with triple grouped raid to secure kills for 3 weeks

they are all in T3 now, THREE bloody groups! DBG should have done a roll back!

RedCents
1,256¢
In beta this was discussed, the pick is around 60. Ngreth said the npc count could easily sustain 75 so he wasn't going to lower it.

I'm very surprised they didnt rollback. I'd heard they were considering it.

RedCents
1,256¢
And Midgridor was camped 24/7 with triple grouped raid to secure kills for 3 weeks

they are all in T3 now, THREE bloody groups! DBG should have done a roll back!
My main is in all t3 except 1 slot, the rest of the group all t3 visables, weapons, and misc other.

And I didnt hit margidor.

RedCents
3,751¢
Except Kael. That’s no walk in the part.
Kael favors a group makeup with strong tanking and healing whereas most boxers build their groups around DPS. I've been doing Kael daily with a friend of mine who plays a paladin along with me 5 boxing, which includes 2 healers. We make the mission look stupid easy.

Sum1

Diehard is a christmas movie
RedCents
3,368¢
Griklor still nails me, getting very frustrated. Caster group so burst DPS doesn't seem to be enough.
The patch will change how Griklor paths and (i'm presuming) the speed he paths to make it more challenging (my guess). On the other hand, he'll stay down for at least 10 seconds each time, so there's that. Nothing more frustrating than having him come down only to turn around and immediately pop back on his fucking griffin.