• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - CoV zones getting the increased rare spawn rate? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
550¢
Anyone else feel like the CoV zones aren't being affected by the increased rare spawn boost? I've been at the Pastletlith camp in Western Wastes and he seems to only spawn once every few hours.

Anyone else feel like the CoV zones aren't being affected by the increased rare spawn boost? I've been at the Pastletlith camp in Western Wastes and he seems to only spawn once every few hours.
are you in a pick of main zone? might be coincidence but i've seen better bricks and nameds from picks

Yeah, I'm in a pick. Been at this camp now for a little over 31 hours. Have maybe killed him 12-13 times. Still no Pastletlith Skill aug drop either. That thing is beyond stupid rare.

That aug seems super rare. At least that’s what I hear. Some how I got lucky as F and it dropped on the 5th kill. Wasn’t even looking for it. Found an open camp and took it. Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket.

RNG is random. I haven’t had good luck at this camp either. Named once every 3 hours, and a 1/4 ish drop rate on the aug. With random numbers, all you can do is throw time at it. Redguides here has a panoply tools to help with the task.

Considering there are people at the Past camp in every /pick almost 24/7, its probably dumping a decent rate of augs into the wild. I managed to get two after about 12 hours of camping.

Think you guys might be confusing what increased spawn rate means for some mobs. Let's say a mob has a 10 percent chance to spawn. You're increasing that spawn chance by 50% (so instead of 10 percent it's like 15 percent). I think that's the way it works. 50% increase does not mean that a named has a 50% chance of spawning which is what a majority of people keep misunderstanding about "increased rare spawn" events.

I have killed him 19 times so far and the aug dropped once. I have noticed that the ore and rare spawn rate is a bit better in a pick.

Discussion - CoV zones getting the increased rare spawn rate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back