• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Considering a foray after 20-year absence (1 Viewer)

Cactronaut

RedCents
170¢
So I quit EQ in 2003 when I finished college and joined the Air Force. Somehow, after a 20-year career, EQ still exists?!?

I’m considering a return to the game at least to kill some time for a few months during my upcoming retirement that starts next in a few weeks before I start work again sometime early next year and the idea of boxing intrigues me.

I’ll probably play on Project Lazarus because their ruleset seems up my alley and their encouraging attitude toward boxing within reason will help me play with what I’m certain will be an irregular schedule.

My favorite classes back when were Druid, Ranger, and Paladin. Probably will use them to anchor my team for the nostalgia. Add a cleric, bard, and one other (shaman, enchanter, or any dps). Doesn’t need to be min-max. Goal will be for the funs.

I keep seeing that @PallyDPS posted some RG + PL videos but I can’t seem to find them. Locked behind level 2? I wasn’t wanting to pay quite yet since I’m a few weeks away from actually having the time to play. Are they accessible somehow?

Thanks, and enjoying reading your threads so far. This seems like a great way to enjoy a game that briefly consumed my life on and off from 99-03.

How has it been twenty years?!?

Haha! Yeah that’s probably true. I’m only 43 so I figure why have one retirement when I can get two?!? Start a job with an airline in February. That’s hardly a “real” job, but it pays well and someone’s gotta pay for the yacht. Military pension doesn’t quite cover it.

Welcome back to EQ and yes, boxing in EQ is a great! Project Lazarus is quite fun, and feel free to ask questions about it here. They do have their own website, and Discord, but a lot of what Red Guides has to offer runs over there to, so it's a Win/Win.

And yes, watch the Doc Legendary youtube vids on Project Lazarus. Well worth the time.

Welcome back! That's a hell of a break.

Make sure you approach eq and MQ with "this will be a lot of info, one thing at a time".

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Welcome to RG Cactronaut! I did something very similar with a 15 year plus break and now have some time in life to spend again on EQ (oh being younger was great). Search up the youtube videos as Hulda suggested and be ready to have lots of patience. A lot to learn here and it can seem overwhelming at times, but trust me when I tell you it's well worth it. RG makes the game far more fun and really helps you learn about it in many ways. Enjoy and thank you for your service!

Welcome back. My father served 35 years in the airforce and then worked until he had his second retirement. I guess after traveling the world you need something to keep you busy. Too bad he didn't game. Might have been fun.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Question - Considering a foray after 20-year absence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back