• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Can't stop my mage from spamming after she dies. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
465¢
I am having several issues with mostly casters acting like divas after they die and refusing to cooperate.

After my mage dies and loses her pet, I get spammed, "this only works on pets" spammed every second in my chat bar, and any attempts to sit and memorize a spell are aborted and she stands back up.

I have to memorize a fast mem pet and summon it and then it seems like I steal part of its life for mana with an AA then It will let me memorize a larger pet and cast it.

I tried using the "pause all" button in the button master Lua to see if that would stop whatever was causing it to cast but I have nothing running that I know of.

I also have issues with characters helping when I haven't asked them to. I can log on a character and add him to the group and they will just jump in and start casting when I am powerleveling them on red con mobs that I don't want them to get agro on.
Mostly my enchanter is the problem she will start tashing and slowing mobs when I am mass pull powerleveling and get agro so I have to face her away and hide her behind something to stop her from casting.

Any ideas would be appreciated, I am hoping for a command to tell my group to shut up and sit still and also a command to let me manually recover after resurrecting so I can memorize spells and move around without some file auto-demanding I do something because it also happens with my melee classes where they die and pop to the guild lobby and I want to run to the corpse summoner and something says, "You're out of endurance SIT DOWN!" and it auto sits me down and I have to run to the summoner in short bursts of 3 steps where something keeps sitting me down every 3 steps.

Solution
I would also recommend unloading things a: you're not using or b: not sure what they do, so then you can load them as you need/discover them, and spend time seeing what they do and how they operate.

but yes. turn off easy.lua
you have to help us help you... what automation?
I am running MQ Very Vanilla so there are a lot of plugins automatically on, I tried turning off things that look like they might be the culprit like MQ2Cast or Melee but I haven't looked into each one so not sure what they do, turning them off doesn't stop them spamming on the spot (do you have to camp and relog in for it to take effect?).

But without troubleshooting the problem to find what script is causing the problem, does anyone know a quick workaround that temporarily turns everything off so I can just go totally manual for a few minutes and then resume all previously running scripts?

Edit: because none of the pause commands I know of, turn off all (pause) the very vanilla plugins and then turn them on?

I am running MQ Very Vanilla so there are a lot of plugins automatically on, I tried turning off things that look like they might be the culprit like MQ2Cast or Melee but I haven't looked into each one so not sure what they do, turning them off doesn't stop them spamming on the spot (do you have to camp and relog in for it to take effect?).

But without troubleshooting the problem to find what script is causing the problem, does anyone know a quick workaround that temporarily turns everything off so I can just go totally manual for a few minutes and then resume all previously running scripts?

Edit: because none of the pause commands I know of, turn off all (pause) the very vanilla plugins and then turn them on?
you're not using your words...
Try again.
What automation are you using on your mage.. if you really are using no automation what you are saying makes no sense.

Once you get your mage to the zone you want, what do you type to have her start killing things?
absolutely nothing, I manually pull and send in my pet but she normally auto-nukes and if I engage with melee she will auto-lock at the proper distance.
Generally, all I turn on when I start is Button Master, Easy Lua (with no class nukes turned on), and hunterHUD to see what names are up.

That is what is running when this happens I haven't run kissassist where I have a group all fighting for a month now because I am power leveling a F2P group up to 85 to farm overseer stuff. and as the group has leveled up I have used different level characters to level them up the main guy sometimes dies when they pull too much and when resurrecting in the guild lobby they always seem to have some issues with something stopping me from moving or meming spells.

I highly recommend you start completely over and learn what automations do what... start with the beginners videos and try to understand what does what. Right now you're talking nonsense...

you're not using your words...
Try again.
What automation are you using on your mage.. if you really are using no automation what you are saying makes no sense.
I am sorry, I am in fact a complete idiot so I don't know what to tell you. I might have turned on something long ago that always stays on but I can't remember what it would be because I have memory issues from a combat brain injury and PTSD.

I assumed it was something in Very Vanilla but there are a hundred things running and I turned off things like MQ2cast and melee but that didn't stop the issue on the spot so I just started finding workarounds like meming a fast mem tiny pet that I was able to time between the spam attempts so I could cast pet and let it do its thing (it seems to be trying to cast an AA ability that steals pet life for mana) so I could get back to playing. As for the melee class problem when I die and have no endurance it forces me to sit and rest but I know I have to go resurrect my corpse and I will lose all the endurance anyway after the res so it forcing me to rest now just wastes my time.

I am pretty sure I pissed of a witch or something and have a technology hex specifically on me. When I was in college I worked as a Debugger and had no problem finding problems in other peoples code in seconds but my code always had 1 in a billion weird bugs that had no explanation.
If nothing comes to mind don't stress over it, I will work around my issues. in the next few months I might be getting a new computer so I will have to reload everything fresh so I can start over hopefully and maybe this time I wont break everything.

I am sorry, I am in fact a complete idiot so I don't know what to tell you. I might have turned on something long ago that always stays on but I can't remember what it would be because I have memory issues from a combat brain injury and PTSD.

I assumed it was something in Very Vanilla but there are a hundred things running and I turned off things like MQ2cast and melee but that didn't stop the issue on the spot so I just started finding workarounds like meming a fast mem tiny pet that I was able to time between the spam attempts so I could cast pet and let it do its thing (it seems to be trying to cast an AA ability that steals pet life for mana) so I could get back to playing. As for the melee class problem when I die and have no endurance it forces me to sit and rest but I know I have to go resurrect my corpse and I will lose all the endurance anyway after the res so it forcing me to rest now just wastes my time.

I am pretty sure I pissed of a witch or something and have a technology hex specifically on me. When I was in college I worked as a Debugger and had no problem finding problems in other peoples code in seconds but my code always had 1 in a billion weird bugs that had no explanation.
If nothing comes to mind don't stress over it, I will work around my issues. in the next few months I might be getting a new computer so I will have to reload everything fresh so I can start over hopefully and maybe this time I wont break everything.
a new computer isn't going to help.. you seem to be struggling with the basics so spend some time learning those... TONS of good info around.. you just have to put in some effort to learn. As others have said VV is not going to make your toons just randomly do things you have to have some automation going.
The steps sic requested would be very helpful so start with those!

then stop pressing buttons

show me the following (all of the output from each thing)

/plugin list

/echo ${Macro.Name}

/lua info
mage.png
I think a few were cut off the top but they are all just VV plugins that it came with. I can get you another screenshot of the top if you need it. But I think this screenshot shows everything I know that is running.

you have easy.Lua running. end that.

/lua stop easy
you have cauldron.Lua running as you can see in your image, end that
/lua stop cauldron

you have mq2heals running end or exit that /plugin mq2heals unload

you aren't displaying all your plugins (like 40 out of 63), so just /plugin mq2afnuke unload just to double check because there are 20+ plugins you have loaded that you didn't show, and i did ask for "(all of the output from each thing)"

If you want I can send you a screenshot of the spam the next time it happens with what is running, I can make a hotkey with all of Sic's commands so you can see what's on at the time and what the game is outputting and doing when it runs. is there a way to capture video so you can see the timing and how it closes the spell book and stops meming spells and stands up or if it's my rogue how it keeps sitting me down and telling me "You're out of endurance, sit down!" then it auto sits me down and I only get a few steps before it spams that message again and sits me down?

If you want I can send you a screenshot of the spam the next time it happens with what is running, I can make a hotkey with all of Sic's commands so you can see what's on at the time and what the game is outputting and doing when it runs. is there a way to capture video so you can see the timing and how it closes the spell book and stops meming spells and stands up or if it's my rogue how it keeps sitting me down and telling me "You're out of endurance, sit down!" then it auto sits me down and I only get a few steps before it spams that message again and sits me down?
did you miss what i posted?

you have easy.Lua running. end that. /lua stop easy
you have cauldron.Lua running as you can see in your image, end that
/lua stop cauldron

you have mq2heals running end or exit that /plugin mq2heals unload

you aren't displaying all your plugins (like 40 out of 63), so just /plugin mq2afnuke unload just to double check because there are 20+ plugins you have loaded that you didn't show, and i did ask for "(all of the output from each thing)"

I would also recommend unloading things a: you're not using or b: not sure what they do, so then you can load them as you need/discover them, and spend time seeing what they do and how they operate.

but yes. turn off easy.Lua

Solution

but yes. turn off easy.Lua
I went back and looked at some of the things that were on and what they did and some of the things that started in an on state or that I turned on for another session that I didn't turn off afterward might have been the culprit (like Easy luas toon assist was on which was why my power leveled characters were jumping in, I mainly noticed it on my enchanter because her spells have the range to cast where the tanks sitting at camp wouldn't join yet because I power level a hundred feet away so they don't get ae nuked by a named.
When I originally started VV most of the plugins were already on so I didn't look into them much and the things I did turn on, I looked them up like forage, etc.

ImGreg was saying starting fresh wouldn't help but hopefully, the base state of VV and most of the luas and macros don't fight you for control of your character. I'm sure I did something at 5 am several months ago on one of my 48-hour gaming sessions that I forgot I turned on and it's now biting me in the backside. Hopefully, I will be more careful in the future.

It's still a learning process for me, I only joined RedGuides in January of this year so I still have lots to learn but thanks for the help.

I went back and looked at some of the things that were on and what they did and some of the things that started in an on state or that I turned on for another session that I didn't turn off afterward might have been the culprit (like Easy luas toon assist was on which was why my power leveled characters were jumping in, I mainly noticed it on my enchanter because her spells have the range to cast where the tanks sitting at camp wouldn't join yet because I power level a hundred feet away so they don't get ae nuked by a named.
When I originally started VV most of the plugins were already on so I didn't look into them much and the things I did turn on, I looked them up like forage, etc.

ImGreg was saying starting fresh wouldn't help but hopefully, the base state of VV and most of the luas and macros don't fight you for control of your character. I'm sure I did something at 5 am several months ago on one of my 48-hour gaming sessions that I forgot I turned on and it's now biting me in the backside. Hopefully, I will be more careful in the future.

It's still a learning process for me, I only joined RedGuides in January of this year so I still have lots to learn but thanks for the help.
did you turn off the things suggested?

those 63 plugins are not on by default
none of the luas are on by default

easy.Lua and cauldron.Lua are definitely doing things - you can even see them doing things in your screenshot

did you turn off the things suggested?

those 63 plugins are not on by default
none of the luas are on by default

easy.Lua and cauldron.Lua are definitely doing things - you can even see them doing things in your screenshot
Yes, I turned them off but I haven't killed my pet to see if it still spams me because I gave my pet a good weapon. I can test it on another accounts mage but I don't know if all the same things are on on that account.

I know I turned on "some" of the plugins but I'm pretty sure many of them were already on when I downloaded them because I remember discovering that dannet was already on when a program said it needed it and I wasn't sure if it was compatible with EQBCS. That was part of my problem when I started was the learning curve of being introduced to a community with years of updates and added functionality that I have to catch up to years of learning on the fly.

What i'm saying is with out understanding the VERY basics its going to be a long road. You need to really understand some core concepts or its going to be rough... lots to learn lots to do and great QOL things here.. take your time go slow and have fun!

Problem - Can't stop my mage from spamming after she dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back