• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Macro - Brell's Fishing Rod Fishing Macro (1 Viewer) Jan 2019

how would one alter the ninjaloot to not loot rusty dagger and tattered cloth sandals?

You can read more about ninjadvloot here: https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/ninjadvloot-inc.973/

Basic gist of it would be to do the following, though:
Usage. Grab the item and put it on your cursor then use one of the following commands
/lootdestroy - Mark item on cursor as Destroy in loot.ini file
/lootignore - Mark item on cursor as Ignore in loot.ini file
/lootkeep - Mark item on cursor as Keep in loot.ini file
/lootsell - Mark item on cursor as Sell in loot.ini file

So in your case you'd put a rusty dagger on your cursor and do /lootdestroy (same for the cloth sandals). That'll make an entry in the loot.ini (found in the macro folder) to destroy those items automatically.

Thanks for the Great fishing macro! I added a lazy version to it (too lazy to get a brell's pole). /mac autofish in The Plane of Knowledge runs you to the fishing hole, buys a pole and bait from the vendor and starts fishing. Runs back to vendor for pole and bait if needed. Will run till max or out of bag room. Need plat for buying pole and bait and at least 30 bag slots or more empty to get to max. Happy Fishing. :)
Actually you need a whole lot more than 30 bag slots empty if your keeping everything you catch or you can add Rusty Dagger=Destroy and Tattered Cloth Sandal=Destroy to your loot.ini file :) For some reason when I try the previous post, it doesn't change my loot.ini file.
Also clears cursor before trying to cast again to avoid the You can't fish while holding something. :)

UPDATED: After some research max fishing with a pole is 200. This will take you to 200 (for now) and end macro. Otherwise it will never stop fishing. :)

Attachments

• AutoFish.mac
    6.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I cant get this macro to purchase the pole or the bait. Once i purchase them, it does not run to the fishing hole. it just stands wherever I am and casts. If i am at the hole with bait and pole, it runs fine until my poles break or i run out of bait. Running it in PoK next to the fishing merchant. thanks

I downloaded the mac in the post and deleted the original download. I ran it and it made the purchases and went to the hole. It seems like this version is not looking at my loot .ini though because I have the tattered cloth sandals and rusty daggers set to destroy and its putting them into my inventory. The original download did this properly. Is there a line I can add or change to make this version read the loot.ini?

*edit - my bags filled up so i sold the daggers and sandals. I then reran the program and it is destroying the daggers but keeping the sandals
**edit2 - I deleted the sandal line in my loot.ini and let it the program catch it. Then I changed it from keep to delete and now its working perfectly.

Thanks for the macro!

Last edited:
Ok, back to these sandals and daggers. I’m running the macro for several toons (1 at a time). It will destroy the junk some times and keep it others. They are defined as destroy in my .ini. I looked through the code and I can’t even figure out where it calls to the loot.ini so I have no idea how to fix this. If it can’t be fixed can a piece be added to sell these items at the merchant when bags are full so that the macro will continue?

*Edit - I think I found the challenge but I don’t know how to fix it. If I am actively watching the character (MQ2EQWire in front) he destroys the sandals and daggers. I am running another toon doing something else though so when I am on that toon the fisher keeps the items instead of destroying them. Any idea why that would be? Thanks

*edit 2 - scratch edit 1. It played that way for about 10 junk pulls and now it’s keeping/destroying randomly even with me watching.

Last edited:
I plan to use this with a Bone Rod since they're unbreakable, and I have a clickie bait summoner...not at the PC atm so I haven't looked at the code yet, but I'm hoping to add the clickie to just keep summoning bait as needed. Since this is a macro I would guess that should be simple? Or since it's not a buff and there's no mobhealth to check, will the conditions to not summon until I need to be more difficult outside a plugin? I don't want to fill my bags with bait lol

Update: took a look, modified, and tested. actually works well, didnt take much. if you have bone rod already equipped, it uses that, otherwise it will try to summon a brell's. Also, this uses the endless worms clickie (summons bait worm) at the start and when you run out of bait. If you have both a bone rod, and the endless worms, it can go forever without moving an inch. If you have enough inventory space to go at least 10hrs between selling (have to set your loot.ini file up of course) then could add a section to summon a resupply agent, and if resupply agent is unavailable- the permutation peddler. i wouldn't personally need that automated, but it would be simple if you're the risktaking type and want to leave it running from one patch to the next for some reason (conflagrant fishscales or higher equivalents comes to mind)

edit: apparently the Endless Worms clickie is no longer available, but if you have it you're golden. I'm sure a few modifications could make bait with a bait dispenser and fresh fish you're going to catch anyway, but this is for endless worms for us old people.

Attachments

• AutoFishAll.MAC
    3.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Macro - Brell's Fishing Rod Fishing Macro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back