• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Boxing for beginner (1 Viewer)

RedCents
30¢
Hello all. I am fairly new to modern day EQ and my old ways of alt+tabbing and /follow just don't seem to cut it anymore. I tried to look up some guides on IS boxer and i'm just wondering if the Redguides boxing program is easier to understand.... I couldn't figure out how to do anything except move both my character straight at the same time. I don't want to put in money to try the launcher here if my small tech brain won't be able to understand it.

Thank you!

There is some depth, but many self identified "non technical" people are able to get it up and running just fine. There are alot of videos and written guides, along with the forums and discord channel and the best community you will find for any game.

Many of the features and tools are avail for free on test server. Can always hop on there and take a test drive.

Hello all. I am fairly new to modern day EQ and my old ways of alt+tabbing and /follow just don't seem to cut it anymore. I tried to look up some guides on IS boxer and i'm just wondering if the Redguides boxing program is easier to understand.... I couldn't figure out how to do anything except move both my character straight at the same time. I don't want to put in money to try the launcher here if my small tech brain won't be able to understand it.

Thank you!
Well...here's my two (red) cents...kissassist is fantastic but you've really gotta read the whole guide and understand it for customizing the behavior of any char. For ease of mind/peace of play if you have a few extra dollars buy the CWTN Enchanter/Cleric Plug-in...from there check the Resources Tab on the Top...go to Kissassist INI...and borrow a few ini's from more experienced/seasoned members and customize for yourself.

Not horrible, just a little bit of reading. Welcome to the Dark Side!

darth vader GIF
star wars dance GIF

Thank you!
Hi and welcome to RG!

After I discovered RG and it's tools, I've never looked back. Makes it easier now to run a full group while your focus on one toon.
A lot of information on here, do your research/planning before hand so it's easier, took me a week to get use to it all after reading up on all the information.

I would also highly recommend you watch all of @Sic videos.

All the best.

Welcome to RG!

Definitely take some time to watch the videos - it will help a lot. And the community here is always willing to help out with questions and suggestions.

Many of the features and tools are avail for free on test server. Can always hop on there and take a test drive. <--- once I started I never looked back. But this is great advice to toe dip in and see what you think.

Don't allow all of the reading to intimidate you. Watch Sic's videos as stated in a prior post. Remember what teachers taught, there are no dumb questions. Well they lied but go ahead and ask anyways. I have been toying with these for a year and still find myself having questions daily, most of which I can find the answers to in videos. The search option is a godsend if you only have partial info of what you're seeking. It can dig through posts with your criteria.

This guide helped me a ton: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/newbie-guide-for-mq2.76841/

I have no idea how to program or macro but I just took it slow and like others have said watch all of sic videos too. I did one char at a time, and worked my way up.

Also if you're not into editing all the ini files or feel overwhelmed, start with using RGMercs. It works right away, and then you can change how things work in it if you want to mess around with it, that in turn has helped me understand more of editing ini files.

CWTN also has plugins for some classes that work right out of the box and if you want to try them out you can on test for free to see if you like them.

Let me know if you have any questions because I also have a small tech brain!!

IRL - Boxing for beginner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back