• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Boxes Freezing? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,533¢
Hey All,
Playing on test and since EQ did their last patch, I've noticed that 1-2 of my boxes will freeze completely. Still would say I'm online and in the group but I can't get a response from them. Anyone else having this issue?

Happens to me as well. Usally will be in the Guild Lobby afk. But now a couple times my puller has been freezing in a Gribbles mission. When I come home from work the chat time stamp is like from hours ago. But when I alt ctrl del and log back in the character is still logged in. This is on Live. So at least he/she is getting buffed lol.

I just returned to EQ after like 15 years. I downloaded red guides and mq2 about 2 weeks ago. I had a 6 box team up and running well until I boosted them to 85 and made a test copy. I have not logged onto the test server while trying to use mq2, I have only used the program on live servers. but the characters are freezing up or crashing. I am not sure if I made a mistake by copying them over to the test server without DL something? or missed something in the settings. should I delete everything and start over again or maybe I am just overlooking something. any ideas or help would be appreciated.

I get a different issue myself can't remember if it predates my MQ2 usage but I will lock up for 1-2 seconds every few mins, I've tried so many things including refreshing windows, adding exclusions for all EQ Files including Logs and Exe individually in my Firewall and Antiviruses, turning off logs totally, disabling the journal in-game. Reinstalling drivers. Also computer BSOD's during restart after I load windows with MQ2 loaded, and this happens every time and I'm sure it's loading the 2 together that causes it. I've also installed new memory just in case it was that, and my SSDs are healthy according to SMART and other diagnostic tools. (Suggestion) That1guy it sounds like you might be experiencing intermittent Video driver crashes, I get those pretty often no matter what computer I sue.

I get a different issue myself can't remember if it predates my MQ2 usage but I will lock up for 1-2 seconds every few mins, I've tried so many things including refreshing windows, adding exclusions for all EQ Files including Logs and Exe individually in my Firewall and Antiviruses, turning off logs totally, disabling the journal in-game. Reinstalling drivers. Also computer BSOD's during restart after I load windows with MQ2 loaded, and this happens every time and I'm sure it's loading the 2 together that causes it. I've also installed new memory just in case it was that, and my SSDs are healthy according to SMART and other diagnostic tools. (Suggestion) That1guy it sounds like you might be experiencing intermittent Video driver crashes, I get those pretty often no matter what computer I sue.
I get this sometimes with a browser open on another window - I actually think it might be facebook doing it

Presumably 25% GPU is a spike that never normally happens? Seems crazy high to me, as does 5.7% cpu. I only get a cpu spike like that if I have a massive pull radius in a really densely populated zone.

I've been getting this too lately where one of my boxes will freeze. Its been happening more frequently the last 2 weeks. I just got my gaming pc in feb so its fairly new. I don't use facebook and I use firefox with maybe 3-4 tabs running for quests/rg.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 core processor
3.60 GHz
32 gig ram
64 bit on windows 10

anyone ever solve this? its been happening to me more often as of late. right just running 2 accounts, 1 a baz mule no macs running. frozen. still online, cant do anything. if i click on it its just a frozen image

I had this happen tonight on my SK. I could type in the chat bar and right-click to view item properties. I could even turn around. I could not however left-click anything, I couldn’t close any windows. Eventually I just logged the SK off and back on and he was fine

Problem - Boxes Freezing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back