• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - biggest time sink... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,120¢
Ive been doing Epics for my alts in the last week or so. Some drops just refused to drop, so i thought g*d damn time sinks! Which Epic do you think has the worst time sink? what part? I camped Lord Bergurgle for that damn crown several Days on end for 12hours+ each day. Thoughts?

both raster and quillmane are a nightmare for sure! i remeber a guildie that was camping him offered a knuckleduster for anyone that would run down a bag with food/water/bandages for him.. he didnt want to leave the camp :)

Ragefire camp for cleric epic in Skyfire back in the day... 7 day spawn, extremely contested, I had to do the camp twice as the first time he popped he was stolen before we could get our guild there to kill him, the second time we got him, had all 3 of the top raid guilds come and help kill him for my wife after the asshats killed him the first time came and tried to steal him again, it didn't end well for them and they got booted from the server raid rotation lol, ah karma is a bitch, they folded 2 weeks later. It was nice to have friends :)

ah yes, screw that key! i was about to quit the game because of it. a friend of mine started farming them for me haha

heh I was lucky, back in VT I was in one of the top raid guild and so had a pretty solid group to go around and lucid shard camp, we also were able to down the emp while he was still DTing LOL, first guild on our server to do it, then the next week they rmoved the DT lol

Quillmane - I hated that flying nag. I was able to finish rogue, druid, and cleric epics before I could get this flying flea bag. I gave up on my original mage epic and swapped to cleric for raiding :P

heh I was lucky, back in VT I was in one of the top raid guild and so had a pretty solid group to go around and lucid shard camp, we also were able to down the emp while he was still DTing LOL, first guild on our server to do it, then the next week they rmoved the DT lol
i remember something about upping the key part that dropped outside of the emp portal. we got to farming after that part after the drop rate was upped. we were like fourth or fifth on our server AB

While not an epic, doing the key for Vex Thal back in the day also sucked your will to live

I was not the most hard core in my guild back when we farmed keys for VT, so i was pretty worried about it. It turned out to be Ok with guild groups farming the proper locations.

The Ancient Jarsath was nightmare-ish otoh. Not really an issue on live servers in 00' because very few guilds could kill Trak, but anyone that played on TLPs must have nightmares about it. I actually had to kill him twice, first time around I gave the medaillon to a guildie (don't ask me why). Nothing quite beat the rush of adrenaline you get from rushing him and hoping to god you're the one actually getting the kill.

Fun fact : back in the days my guild toyed with the idea of doing VP out of era and we started farming for keys, and one of the only medaillion i had was AJ's...

tbh I only 1.0 epic I have done is mage. While I def agree quillmane is a b*tch to get, I got lucky with a friend and only was there for an hour or two my first time around doing it. (another mage I did later I was there 7ish hours)

My longest one was the Lava elemental in Solusek's Eye. I think I was there a total of 15 hours running between the two spawn location over 3 days.

Everquest in general has been my biggest time sink. Buy pretty much anything you try to camp and need is a time sink, I can remember camping items for days and when you already had the item it drops all day long. :)

I always heard the Pally was by far the worst because of all the faction that was required just took sooooo long.

Overall, thanks to the thing like Phinny and Hate work arounds, epics are not too bad anymore.

The epic for my OG Paladin from 2002-2006 took the greater part of 3 years to complete. The first 2 or so years I spent trying to get my hands on both books, the final turn in mob took me the greater part of a year to find up. It seems like that took forever, but I don't have my boots or my shoulders yet, I lost count after 50 something runs of fight fire, that was months ago. I try once or twice a day for them.

The epic for my OG Paladin from 2002-2006 took the greater part of 3 years to complete. The first 2 or so years I spent trying to get my hands on both books, the final turn in mob took me the greater part of a year to find up. It seems like that took forever, but I don't have my boots or my shoulders yet, I lost count after 50 something runs of fight fire, that was months ago. I try once or twice a day for them.
I gave up on my warrior epic. By the time i got my green scale i had BoC and Bloodfrenzy 😏

Eyepatch of Plunder quest. Every melee practically wanted this haste clicky. So, trying to find Stormfeather not camped was practically impossible. Not to mention the 19hr spawn time with potential to skip spawns adding to the nightmare.

Enchanter epic bottlenecks, as always, Vessel Drozlin and Verina Tomb. Also, no Wraith in PoFear AoCs.
SK epic - Lhranc spawn camping
Wizard epic - broken golem not spawning in AoCs is the dumb.

Ghoulbane for Pally epic. Guildies got so sick of that camp with me that they chipped in and bought me one back in 2000. Never did get the books from Naggy or Vox.

I remember just multi-questing Quillmane during the Kunark/Velious days that camp was so terrible. I think I paid over 100k plat to have someone come up to PoA with me and turn it in. For the time, that Epic Pet was unreal though.

I would say for me it was the whole Ivy Etched stuff for my ranger back in the early days. The hardest/ longest was the Ivy Etched Leggings where you had to camp a buccaneer to get a rare named to spawn. I spent literally days straight on that camp. I remember another guy spawned every few hours to see if I was done with the camp. Back then things were so civilized :)

EVERQUEST is the Most EPIC of Epic Time sinks

72 hr spawns for twink gear or Brd/Rog/Enc Masks or most epic related mobs
PoTime, Tacvi, or Anguish lock outs for anything lvl 70 (yes i've done this for fun)
6hr lock outs for anything mission dropped
52 PLACEHOLDERS during "increased rare spawn" in ARX ( i'm gonna wait for a F U from a friend on this one)

My most bitter moment so far
Rogue Epic ornamentation task, especially if you fail to figure out which assling is the fucking slowest to rub his fat belly or can't yoddle, or took the most damage when you quad backstab ALL THE LIL BASTARDS, or the Final fight when the damn puppet bastard doesn't do the KNOCK KNOCK part of the script.

nope not bitter at all.... /sarcasm

Thought of another one, The halfling mask from chardok took me what seemed like 2 weeks to get constantly camping it whenever I wasnt raiding

I've seen gloves drop twice. I don't believe the other loot exist.

Question - biggest time sink...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back