• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Been gone since 2019.. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
Hello all, I have been gone since 2019. Just resubbed. Running a 3 box crew all gold accts with SK as the driver, SHM and BRD. all currently 112. Running through TOV Paragon route leveling to 115 and its become too hard to manually box. I am looking to automate the SHM and BRD as much as possible and control the SK. I have downloaded some macros ut havent gotten started really in game. I am hoping the community can help me moving in the right direction. I have a few questions below, any help is appreciated!

1: I am currently using VERT as a UI replacement.. Is that going to mess with any of the macro/plugins? If so is there a safe UI mod to use with the current iteration of MQ ( I see somewhat of a custom UI in the how too vids, what is that? )
2: I was using ISboxer to semi-manually box just using for the window mode capabilities and 1-12 hotkey binding to help minimize alt tabs.. also had video FX set up for 12 hotkeys and spell gems for each toon. can these be used simultaneously or is there no longer a need for ISboxer?
3: Recommended paid plugins for the above setup... I was looking at MQ2shaman and it looks like a pretty sweet way to set the shm as main healer.
4: I am currently using the 3 toons w/ a healer and 2 rogue mercs.. hoping mq2shaman can remove the need for the clr merc and add in another rogue.. currently i do not have immediate plans to create additional boxes but perhaps a silver acct zerker, mage, chanter in the future.

-edited and removed questioned I figured out!

Also if any of these questions are answered in the how too vids. I am still going through them!

Thank you all for taking the time to read and special thanks to those who respond!

-Zath

Last edited:
An out of date ui can def cause problems. I use a modded Zliz

I use isboxer out of habit, but 0 need, and in some cases it can hurt you.

Mq2shaman is pretty great, shamans can pretty handily solo heal after 101ish or so

Welcome to RG!

Make sure to check out the new user stuff

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

1: I am currently using VERT as a UI replacement.. Is that going to mess with any of the macro/plugins? If so is there a safe UI mod to use with the current iteration of MQ ( I see somewhat of a custom UI in the how too vids, what is that? )
2: I was using ISboxer to semi-manually box just using for the window mode capabilities and 1-12 hotkey binding to help minimize alt tabs.. also had video FX set up for 12 hotkeys and spell gems for each toon. can these be used simultaneously or is there no longer a need for ISboxer?
3: Recommended paid plugins for the above setup... I was looking at MQ2shaman and it looks like a pretty sweet way to set the shm as main healer.
4: I am currently using the 3 toons w/ a healer and 2 rogue mercs.. hoping mq2shaman can remove the need for the clr merc and add in another rogue.. currently i do not have immediate plans to create additional boxes but perhaps a silver acct zerker, mage, chanter in the future.

Hello and welcome!

1: I don't think this will matter as I believe MQ interacts with the underlying data and not the UI itself. Although perhaps there are things that do require certain UI elements. I use custom UI material myself, and have yet to run into an issue. Not saying there won't be an issue, but so far so good on my end.
2: ISBoxer is good with Innerspace to make window swapping and monitor space management easier. Also, makes autologin better (I like it) when using Innerspace to launch "teams" of accounts together with one click.
3: Any of the Plugins from CWTN are a great way to get an efficient box group going. Highly recommend. For the bard either Kissassist or RGMercs will be a good direction for now.
4: Stay away from the mercs if you have the accounts to support actual characters. Especially later in the game. Mercs fall short. Actual characters are the ticket. Just remember there is no wrong way to set up your group. Play what you like. Have fun!

Aside from these things, remember to respect your fellow gamers, stay at the keyboard when using the tools, and consider always keeping tool usage to yourself. MQ is against the TOS from DBG. Be ready to accept suspensions or bans if caught using the tools.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Last edited:
Welcome back to RG. I too returned from back in the 2019, early 2000 times and I was surprised how things have changed and it got even better when I found this community!

1) I have recently had UI issues with Sparaxx as Sic has pointed out. Apparently sometimes they can mess with things and it can be hard to narrow it down, but it seems fairly rare in my experience
2) I use isboxer as well and love it. I've read there are other options, but I'm lazy and hate change so I stick with it
3) MQ2Shaman and all the others are amazing and I highly recommend them! My SHM/ENC/MAG use them and IK could not be happier. SHM keeps my SK up 99.9% of the time and the ENC mezzes like a beast. For you BRD, I would look at the KA ini files Sic posted in the library. Lots of people rave about it until the MQ2 plugin that shall not be named as it costs cwtn red cents becomes available =)
4) SHM should be able to replace mercs but as Doc stated, I would highly recommend you consider replacing he mercs with at least F2P toons. Mercs will likely drive you nuts imo.

Make sure to check out these tools if you have not already Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

Then check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, LEM, and more.

Thanks all that gives me a place to start. Few follow up questions.
RGmercs and kissassist are not used together it's one or the other correct?
I think I'll get mq2shaman for now and use one of the above to control the bard, which is more efficient/user friendly?
Gonna check out the ui zlizz. Thanks for the name of what u use!
I thought I wouldn't be able to 6 box well using just is boxer so I limited myself to 3+Mercs I'll look into ftp accts for the last 3 spots now that I have mq again once I'm set up! Mercs do let me down quite often or run in and die before I can get a heal off. Any tips on power leveling 3 ftp accts from 0-100+
Definitely gonna watch the rest of the videos sic posted. Im sure they will answer some questions I didn't know I had.

Thanks all glad to be a part of the community.

I would also recommend Zliz, it is what I used until my stroke and now I need stuff that is huge in font lol. I also used the TKing stuff from Drakah for a bit too.

For leveling, RGMercs is more plug and play. KA is great for fine tuning when you finally reach a level area you might be staying at for a while.

Thanks all that gives me a place to start. Few follow up questions.
RGmercs and kissassist are not used together it's one or the other correct?
I think I'll get mq2shaman for now and use one of the above to control the bard, which is more efficient/user friendly?
Gonna check out the ui zlizz. Thanks for the name of what u use!
I thought I wouldn't be able to 6 box well using just is boxer so I limited myself to 3+Mercs I'll look into ftp accts for the last 3 spots now that I have mq again once I'm set up! Mercs do let me down quite often or run in and die before I can get a heal off. Any tips on power leveling 3 ftp accts from 0-100+
Definitely gonna watch the rest of the videos sic posted. Im sure they will answer some questions I didn't know I had.

Thanks all glad to be a part of the communit

I would also recommend Zliz, it is what I used until my stroke and now I need stuff that is huge in font lol. I also used the TKing stuff from Drakah for a bit too.

For leveling, RGMercs is more plug and play. KA is great for fine tuning when you finally reach a level area you might be staying at for a while.
Thx shadow. I'll start with that!

IRL - Been gone since 2019..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back