• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Attitude towards boxers on The Rathe (1 Viewer)

always assume non boxers and non mq users hate you, and dont like you.
Indeed!
For OP, no matter how nice you are, no matter have much you help others in-game, haters gonna hate. MQ and boxers are always going to be considered cheaters and people will report you for no reason other than you're running around.
Just play your way.

What the others have said. Just do what you want to be honest. I invite you to check out my play it safe post in my signature link for ideas on how to mitigate risk.

rizlona is almost worse because of the huge amount of bot users, with their bot armies figthing for spawns, so they just go and report each other instead. they are a buncha donkey turds!

I'm not from the rathe, but i have been on the rathe and i sense more belligerents there than any other server on EQ. To the point where they got pissed at me for answering questions in their general chat.

for the most part its ok - there is one Ahole I know of - he will go around and active look for people then try to call them out in OOC - i just avoid him when he zones in -

On my server, there is generally a group of players that hang out regularly in the GH (at the point you zone in to) and they all have the same name bar a few characters and all have the best of mounts / visible effects. I'm almost 100% sure they're all bots, but no-one seems to bother or even mind. They even fan out like some sort of air display team. (they generally have some mounted bird mount).

Heck, one day, someone accidentally typed their script start command to General Chat by mistake and no-one really batted an eye lid. (One person a minute of so later said, "Are we not at least going to wind up XXXX for typing that in General?")

I always did wonder what servers had higher percentages of suspensions / bans compared to others but then knowing that would be a false sense of security.

Is there a consensus on boxing on the Rathe? I'd like to venture out with my group but have mainly stuck with grinds since I started
@Kilroy03 botting in any way in the open is always going to increase your exposure no matter what server you're in. Best way to play with your bots is find out of the way areas, and use common sense. Never afk play

On my server, there is generally a group of players that hang out regularly in the GH (at the point you zone in to) and they all have the same name bar a few characters and all have the best of mounts / visible effects. I'm almost 100% sure they're all bots, but no-one seems to bother or even mind. They even fan out like some sort of air display team. (they generally have some mounted bird mount).

Heck, one day, someone accidentally typed their script start command to General Chat by mistake and no-one really batted an eye lid. (One person a minute of so later said, "Are we not at least going to wind up XXXX for typing that in General?")
Kinda same on one of my servers. My chat filters have to have a separate window for guild achievements - not mine but others! Constantly see 6 players in a row get an /ach or a zoning message and then another 5 or 6 - its just a constant listing. Just like boom boom boom. And not always the same group. :) More power to them, I say!!

My girlfriend and I play on The Rathe some. It's the only server where I've gotten a tell pointedly asking if if I was boxing. I've always told them straight up that I have 2, she has 2 and the other ones are mercs. Kept it friendly and they left me alone. I don't recommend bringing out an optimum crew with funny names though you never see funny named crews on The Rathe

Is there a consensus on boxing on the Rathe? I'd like to venture out with my group but have mainly stuck with grinds since I started.
I can't say. I left Rathe before I started boxing. I moved to FV where it's pretty well accepted and the Ruleset and economy are different. For instance my last armor purchase was 90 million platinum. And that is pretty common.

I try and avoid people. One thing that I am looking forward to using is the randomizer so I can issue a single command with a random delay involved...like when summoning corpses in GL. Not at all sus when 6 dudes all go "summon" at the exact same time.

I also try and stagger my follow ranges within a small variable so they aren't all stopping on top of one another from the driver.

Something to consider - even people here at RG who actively use the software report other MQ users. Spite? Grief? Spawn envy? Who knows, but it does happen. Stay vigilant and never assume anyone is safe to share info with.

Something to consider - even people here at RG who actively use the software report other MQ users. Spite? Grief? Spawn envy? Who knows, but it does happen. Stay vigilant and never assume anyone is safe to share info with.
100% - I've seen people who clearly use the program try to call out others for using, train them, or worse. I guess having an advantage isn't an advantage when others are doing it in their mind.

100% - I've seen people who clearly use the program try to call out others for using, train them, or worse. I guess having an advantage isn't an advantage when others are doing it in their mind.
Yes, on FV there are a few players that will go nasty in chat in an attempt to scare them off and there were a ton of players over there that are now counting down the 14 days. Who knows if it was GM roaming or others reporting.

No server is safe.

I can't say. I left Rathe before I started boxing. I moved to FV where it's pretty well accepted and the Ruleset and economy are different. For instance my last armor purchase was 90 million platinum. And that is pretty common.
Sweet love of God. I've never had close to that much money on EQ ever. I think I had 110,000 when I originally quit back in 2003-ish and that wasn't that much back then. I now sit 'comfortably' on 3 krono that would be worth around 16m on my server. I have around 2m in plat across all the rest of my characters.

IRL - Attitude towards boxers on The Rathe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back