• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - anyone else getting zone crashes? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,533¢
This has only been happening since the new patch on Test. I have noticed zones crashing continuously...mainly in ToV zones like EW and GD. Its been pretty either pretty laggy, getting disconnected, and booted randomly to toon select screen. The crazy thing is there isn't more than 6-12 toons in zone. Has anyone else been having issues like this?

I have moved to different zones like CS, GL, and PoK with no issues there really.

This has only been happening since the new patch on Test. I have noticed zones crashing continuously...mainly in ToV zones like EW and GD. Its been pretty either pretty laggy, getting disconnected, and booted randomly to toon select screen. The crazy thing is there isn't more than 6-12 toons in zone. Has anyone else been having issues like this?

I have moved to different zones like CS, GL, and PoK with no issues there really.
like actual eq is crashing?

that sounds terrible :(

I had numerous cases of all toons losing connectivity and getting dumped to the black screen. Upon logging back in, there also seemed to be a bit of a rollback (eg, I lost credit for a hunter kill, some toons in weird places). Mine happened in the overthere (RoS).

I also have the issue, all 6 drop to loading screen. rolls back a few mins
they took all servers down tonight for an additional extended downtime because of "server instability" issues - likely a cause for a bunch of zone crashes and rollbacks

I had my group in GD with no issues and no lag as far as I could tell with something like 30-40 toons in the zone. All the way up until the server was brought down.

I am constantly getting Zoning crashes where EQ just locks screen and I have to Task Manager End Task. Then reload it. I am also having graphic issues in certain zones ...not sure if it has anything to do with MQ2 yet. Will follow up when I try to run without it in those zones.

I am constantly getting Zoning crashes where EQ just locks screen and I have to Task Manager End Task. Then reload it. I am also having graphic issues in certain zones ...not sure if it has anything to do with MQ2 yet. Will follow up when I try to run without it in those zones.
UPDATE: Unload Redguides / MQ2 and I am no longer having issues in those zones with graphics problems. Any idea what may be causing it. The Zone I am in now that is loading fine is Katta Castrum (Old) and Thallasis Coral Keep

UPDATE: Unload Redguides / MQ2 and I am no longer having issues in those zones with graphics problems. Any idea what may be causing it. The Zone I am in now that is loading fine is Katta Castrum (Old) and Thallasis Coral Keep
UPDATE #2 - Scratch what I just said, the problem is still happening. Can't type text in anything, chat windows, map, nothing appears in Find Window, or Maps, or anything else you type in or look at as you click on it, all the text disappears. Any ideas what could be causing this ...any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

you should strongly consider swapping over to MQ "Next"

There have been a lot of instances reported where text issues are caused by too much text. Ie having Map open with Labels turned on. Something to do with EQ's Maximum amount of Text they can display at once. Turn of your Map labels or close the Map and see if the issue is resolved.

There have been a lot of instances reported where text issues are caused by too much text. Ie having Map open with Labels turned on. Something to do with EQ's Maximum amount of Text they can display at once. Turn of your Map labels or close the Map and see if the issue is resolved.
I already knew about this issue, but the first I have heard about the Text Overload. So, trying to mark points on the map is not possible because as soon as you open the map ...everything else disappears. Seems like a kind of stupid thing for DBG to do as text is such a low memory hog that you would think that they would eliminate something else such as visible graphics display. I think it's nuts. I am trying to do portal quests in Katta Castrum and doing it without anything in the FIND window and a map with missing text pretty much sucks. Oh well, I guess I will have to figure out a way to deal with it.

Will look into that, but I have not really read up on MQ Next and so not to familiar about what it does and how it does. Thanks for your input.
real easy medic! easy as 1 2 3 4 (and a bit)

1. download next via the RG launcher
2. hit the migrator tool (will move any configs/macros etc from old install) (has a vid too)
3. setup framelimiter (i have a quick vid on it)
4. then:
/plugin groupinfo
/plugin targetinfo
/plugin xtarinfo

Migrator: <https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/macroquest-migrator.2156/>
Framelimiter: <https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mqnext-framelimiter-demo.78448/>

mental notes:
mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click

Question - anyone else getting zone crashes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back