• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any good write-ups on Guild Halls? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,854¢
So my search game is pretty trash - I have tried to search for good, up to date resources pertaining to the guild hall function and have not really found much. I guess my questions really are as follows:
1. What is the value-add in a paid GH vs the standard free GH
2. What is the recurring cost of the paid GH - roughly - I am an army of one here as all my friends left years ago.
3. Can you port directly to a GH instead of the Throne of heroes?
4. Any potential value gains I am not taking into account?

Full disclosure - yes, I know for someone that has been playing since launch I should know these things - but I never took the time to delve into land ownership in EQ1 ... I was so blown away by the housing in EQ2 that I never even paid much attention to any other games housing because EQ2 does such an amazing job of it for a classic. Even these new up and comers have a thing to learn. Hell I could set up my own portal network in EQ2 to all my houses, plus the GH, and have my own druid and wizy spires. But I digress.

TL:DR - Im an EQ housing newb - please halp! Is it worth buying into?

Yes you can port into the GGH you need to buy anchors from loyalty vendor or the DB store.. can have 2 per toon and I think it is 45 min timers on each. You can NOT bind inside. You can buy all kinds of npc for the GGH like banker... Parcel vendor.. tribute vendor... Guild banker,tribute and much more. Can also have portal gnome just like in the small gh... Can place clickies around the GGH to gate to some zones.

I don't know about costs

I actually am looking to hire someone to decorate my guild hall on Firiona Vie. I just need the basic out of the box setup. I tried and couldn't even get the bankers behind their counters. This is a paying gig. Either Krono, me paying your Red Guides membership for a year maybe. PM me.

It is pretty cheap to maintain a guild hall. You put a couple of hundred plat into 'escrow' and that will keep it running for a year or more. You get that menu up out at the guild hall plot in the neighbourhood zone.

Note that you have to be an all access/gold account to access certain things like maybe buying and placing the guild hall, being able to see the parcel vendor for sale on the merchant (that caused me a problem for a while) so watch out for that.

So my search game is pretty trash - I have tried to search for good, up to date resources pertaining to the guild hall function and have not really found much. I guess my questions really are as follows:
2. What is the recurring cost of the paid GH - roughly - I am an army of one here as all my friends left years ago.

Full disclosure - yes, I know for someone that has been playing since launch I should know these things - but I never took the time to delve into land ownership in EQ1 ... I was so blown away by the housing in EQ2 that I never even paid much attention to any other games housing because EQ2 does such an amazing job of it for a classic. Even these new up and comers have a thing to learn. Hell I could set up my own portal network in EQ2 to all my houses, plus the GH, and have my own druid and wizy spires. But I digress.

You can put a lot of stuff in your own guild hall. Hang weapons on the wall, put your ports from the crates around etc.

Cost can vary on the guild halls. I buy bags of doubloons with loyalty tokens. About 370 doubloons last a year. A bag of them costs 11 tokens and holds 100 dubs so you can see its cheap. This is for the biggest guild hall, the palatial. Others will vary. You can also pay plat and its like 2 plat a day. Still not bad

You do have to be all access to buy the bags of currency from the loyalty vendor and F2P accounts have some other restrictions like cannot place items etc.

Grand guild hall vs standard guild hall is essentially about the decorating. I don't see any reason for army-of-one type players to get a GGH unless they really like the decorating and individual housing plots.

I am also a player of one with a guild of a few 6 man groups, and a dork of keeping another group in their own silly guild. Silly guild is farm group, everyone else main guild, not totally planned, worked out that way and seemed good in case I lose farm bots. Main guild in paid neighborhood, silly guild free one.

My own neighborhood allowed me to pick anywhere I wanted to place a GH or houses. Leader is Gold access, use either a main or a baz trader, make your army senior officers (not essential, but easier for permissions). Allow access to the whole guild . If you have other silver and gold characters they can do things like place items, as others said above, mostly just fun decorating but clickable teleport items are nice to have. You can get those from Heritage crates, player trades, collector edition expansions, or even many available in baz depending on your server. Mage pet weapons are nice to have on the wall for all levels, so when you play new or lower level guys, pet owners go to the 'weapon room' and stock up, and player made armor in the guild bank npc. Use of @Sic Guildclicky Lua is awesome. Housing in your own neighborhood, is awesome. Choose neighborhood areas and open house access to the guild and sort by collectibles by expansion, etc.

Thanks for this thread jfrazi, I considered posting something similar a few months back before I got a guild hall.

I am completely new to all of this housing stuff, but as others have said using guildclicky and relocate has been great with the new hall. The primary/secondary anchors have been keeping my crew out of the pok/guild lobby.

Having all of the tradeskill containers placed in a manner you choose, with bankers, vendors, and a parcel merchant all within striking distance, is priceless. Tradeskilling, banking, sending parcels, selling...all while standing still and without having to run around hell and half of Norrath? Yes please, thank you.

You can put a lot of stuff in your own guild hall. Hang weapons on the wall, put your ports from the crates around etc.

Cost can vary on the guild halls. I buy bags of doubloons with loyalty tokens. About 370 doubloons last a year. A bag of them costs 11 tokens and holds 100 dubs so you can see its cheap. This is for the biggest guild hall, the palatial. Others will vary. You can also pay plat and its like 2 plat a day. Still not bad

You do have to be all access to buy the bags of currency from the loyalty vendor and F2P accounts have some other restrictions like cannot place items etc.
I just wanted to say thanks for setting up my Guild Hall. It looks truly incredible to me. And I really am grateful! If you are ever on FV and need toons Power Levelled I can do anything above 90 and will do it happily.

I just wanted to say thanks for setting up my Guild Hall. It looks truly incredible to me. And I really am grateful! If you are ever on FV and need toons Power Levelled I can do anything above 90 and will do it happily.
now go buy 3 plots and 3 houses with each char you own and set up a uber tradeskill village, then do the same with collections =)

So I got me a GGH last night - had some station cash sitting idle. Doing a very simple set up, honestly may not even use the entire building..lol. Set up a pool room, a portal room, the trade skill rooms, and went to set up an anchor room. But if I am looking at this correctly, all toons need their own anchor? I bought one from the DG shop - but it looks like only that toon can use it. sad face ....

So I got me a GGH last night - had some station cash sitting idle. Doing a very simple set up, honestly may not even use the entire building..lol. Set up a pool room, a portal room, the trade skill rooms, and went to set up an anchor room. But if I am looking at this correctly, all toons need their own anchor? I bought one from the DG shop - but it looks like only that toon can use it. sad face ....
They are also available from the loyalty vendor. Each toon needs their own. Porters (wizard and druids) get an additional guild anchor which might help if you have those classes available.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

There are 2 anchors. The primary anchors are the best to set in the guild hall or outside on the lawn. Only All Access can set items in the guild hall though so I usually pay rent on a plot nearby for my F2P guys so they can get close to the Guild Hall. Also the character must have "permissions" to set items in the guild hall/plot

Then there are secondary anchors which can also be placed in guild hall if you wanted but I put those on the characters house or a plot near the zone in by the NPC in Sunrise Hills so we can get in there fast for the Loyalty Merchant etc.

As mentioned the best place to get the anchors is thru the Loyalty Vendor but marketplace is ok too. Each character needs his own. So if your short on funds just get the primary. If yo ubuy thru the loyalty they are only 216 loyalty tokens each. Not hard to save that up since you get 120 a week if your at least a year old and all access

Now, here comes the tricky part. DRU/WIZ can buy Guild Hall Anchors where they get the anchor, as well as teleport spells for the anchor, additionally there is an AA line to cast without having to stop and mem the spell. But these anchors can only be placed in neighborhood Guild Halls but they can port the group to the guild hall this way if that is where their anchors are.

Oh yeah, you can make your anchor tree thing big or small, can hang it on the wall or from the ceiling. Just keep in mind that where ever it is the character will pop up on it right there - makes for some amusing mistakes.

Guild house is a bit more set up. Nothing spectacular, set up vendors etc. And bought the plot next door which I am now littering with anchor tree for my FTP army .. lol

I've been hanging weapons/shields on the walls of my guild hall so every spot is covered. I'll post some Screen Shots!

Melee toons also have their Mod rods on the walls of the Guild Hall.

BUT - remember the more stuff you have in the guild hall - the longer it takes to load.
If a toon logs into the guild hall and its not loaded...it can poof your toon to outside an instance...and it could be in the middle of nowhere.

The Wizard/Druid AA is an absolute must for your raid boxed crews. AT the End of the raid - AE trans to the Guild Hall is awesome sauce.
Actually even if you are in a raid instance where the meshes are complex and it is a PITA to get everyone to follow. You can always set a Banner at the destination area with 12 toons. Trans the rest of the raid back to the guild hall and banner back in. Much easier than trying to manually move 42 toons.

For those of you creating your new halls, don't forget to go to Tanya Bekines in Sunrise Hills and buy a "shabby lobby door". Then place it anywhere in your guild hall and you can right click it and select "open the door to the lobby" and it will zone you right into the lobby so you don't have to port there or run thru your neighborhood.

She sells them for 1 plat

There are 2 anchors. The primary anchors are the best to set in the guild hall or outside on the lawn. Only All Access can set items in the guild hall though so I usually pay rent on a plot nearby for my F2P guys so they can get close to the Guild Hall. Also the character must have "permissions" to set items in the guild hall/plot

Then there are secondary anchors which can also be placed in guild hall if you wanted but I put those on the characters house or a plot near the zone in by the NPC in Sunrise Hills so we can get in there fast for the Loyalty Merchant etc.

As mentioned the best place to get the anchors is thru the Loyalty Vendor but marketplace is ok too. Each character needs his own. So if your short on funds just get the primary. If yo ubuy thru the loyalty they are only 216 loyalty tokens each. Not hard to save that up since you get 120 a week if your at least a year old and all access

Now, here comes the tricky part. DRU/WIZ can buy Guild Hall Anchors where they get the anchor, as well as teleport spells for the anchor, additionally there is an AA line to cast without having to stop and mem the spell. But these anchors can only be placed in neighborhood Guild Halls but they can port the group to the guild hall this way if that is where their anchors are.

Oh yeah, you can make your anchor tree thing big or small, can hang it on the wall or from the ceiling. Just keep in mind that where ever it is the character will pop up on it right there - makes for some amusing mistakes.
I've had Druids from other Guilds port me inside their Guild Hall while we were grouped. I would say I need to pick your brain but you work faster than I think.

The descriptions are a bit confusing but there are spells and aa's that do both, gate/port/TL to your or their primary/secondary/ guild hall anchors, bind points. Don't forget secondary and tertiary bind points too, it's all a muddle but opens up some interesting options.

Generally if I'm moving raid force, I just run three where I want to go that are in a fellowship together. Drop a campfire, port 12 from fellowship in using insignia, then drop a banner and port the rest in from guild portal. Tactical precision strike. Death from above.

That would be cool if somebody setup a Lua to place items in the guild hall for you and decorate automatically

Question - Any good write-ups on Guild Halls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back