• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (1 Viewer)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

I'm in the same boat as Coinstop - 3 accounts not banned but not allowed to log into the Everquest forum or help site and if I make a new account it doesn't stay open long enough to get to the help area to file a ticket - Now that's so defensive on their part it's almost funny. I just love how they do this shit before a long weekend - I swear the thinking is "yep do it on Friday - it will all blow over after the weekend and we won't have to deal with it"

Right now it's more than just the revenue stream from the banned accounts they are looking at loosing but their reputation as a gaming company which can be enough to chase people away. With literally 100's of choices out there for people to explore this is a very poor tactic.

Whoa, whoa.

"RadarX
Community Relations
New
Folks again we do want you to be able to discuss this concern but the guidelines are being enforced as a few of you already found out. We will provide additional communication on this once we've talked a bit more internally."

I have 3 accounts banned for chargeback, I have a couple of HA characters purchased from A and 2 had TBM codes, 2 other accounts which may have had TBM codes have not as yet been banned. what I can state is that after laying for 15 years on 2 of hose banned accounts with never a glitch I will not be re-rolling on new accounts that is for sure!

Whoa, whoa.

"RadarX
Community Relations
New
Folks again we do want you to be able to discuss this concern but the guidelines are being enforced as a few of you already found out. We will provide additional communication on this once we've talked a bit more internally."

I had my forum account banned after putting together a rather decent post that was not remotely inflammatory or incendiary. It was flagged as "Spam"

I don't think these guys know what spam is. My post was actually rather thoughtful and comprehensive.

What does he mean guidelines are being enforced? Does that mean they are enforcing the chargebacks with bans, or does that just mean we are all screwed?

Putting this on daybreak isn't right either btw. Why should they lose out ? This guy bought thousands of CD Keys with a stolen CC etc so daybreak should just eat the cost ? That's not right either.

If I bought a sub on this site with a stolen CC and charged back you would ban me :)

I am not saying I should not be punished, I would prefer losing the item/key instead of a ban on all accounts. I am okay with them saying well you didnt get the item through us so we are revoking the heroic toon "sorry". then I would be all like fine fair enough I will have to pay DBG for the heroic toons back.

They are rolling down a hill without brakes. This will be the end for them I can guarantee that

And YiMin is still around on that thread. DB pls.

What does he mean guidelines are being enforced? Does that mean they are enforcing the chargebacks with bans, or does that just mean we are all screwed?

No, he means the forum posting guidlelines are being enforced: foul language, flaming, and whatever else...

Look at it in daybreaks point of view? Lol. They will destroy Everquest if they don't fix this. It will be the short end of Everquest. They need to allow us a chance to fix it, pay for the expansion to play again, something . This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for clearing that up incognito , I was worried there.

some of these eq people on the official boards are absolutely INFURIATING.

They are perpetuating this crazy idea that buying/selling/trading/gifting things like keys and kronos for real money or items or altruism is some kind of crooked criminal activity. GRRR

Right sic? A bunch of fukn idiots and morons. They don't realize if these bans stand, they too won't be on Everquest for much longer either. Idiots.

hard to contact them when we cant sign into the accounts

And unfortunately, even when you have a trouble ticket open, don't expect a response any time soon.

Add some levity to the situation.

Banned accounts should be able to /gems at least!!!

or Legends of Norrath...

too soon?

Yea i got banned on my second acct today for a chargeback.... had to petition from a new acct and hope for the best.

They will take FOREVER to resolve this. Thanks for messing up everyone's holiday weekend. I love how these a$$holes on the Everquest forum are acting so stupid. "You buy a bad code, you deserve ban" first off, we didn't issue a chargeback, so we were unjustifiably banned. And second, these frikkin morons don't realize if these bans stick, the game is done. It would cost way more to keep the game up and running than the huge financial loss they would take from all these bans. These idiots haven't the slightest clue. Morons

Yeah, a lot of idiots on the forums. It's why I rarely ever visit the EQ forums.

lost 1 of 4 accounts. they were all bought heroic char with TBM code at the same time, back in Jan - Feb. 2016 maybe, but only 1 acct got banned. Which was the acct I sold..(someone forgot to change the email on the account) very strange.

I just gave the phone number a call.
The guy seems VERY displeased and even made the comment that "he hopes they clear this up very soon for his sake"
I explained the situation and he attempted to give me the ol "there should be a link for you to click"
Further explained that even unbanned accounts / new accounts cant get in and he tried giving me LITERALLY the same answer.
I further reiterated what I said and further explained that what he is suggesting does not work and that I understand its not his fault but that we need help with this.
He suggested I make a new email address and creating an account with it.

Doing so now. will update

OMFG I DID IT! I FIGURED OUT A WAY TO OPEN A TICKET - TYPING OUT A WALKTHROUGH NOW!!!!!!

http://www.redguides.com/community/...SUPPORT-TICKET-RIGHT-NOW!?p=281212#post281212

I bought all my xpacs from DBG store and all of my accounts appear fine I guess. I'm having a hard time following what happened tho. So you bought/received a discounted key from a third party. This eventually circled back to DBG as a loss of income or they received a massive charge of some sort to make up the difference of the key cost?

help.daybreakgames.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Their support site crashed, lol.

That would explain why TBM was pulled from Steam.

It doesn't explain how drunk they were when they decided to ban a significant portion of their subscribers.

seems like, DBG got screwed , so you get screwed. but really the target of interest should be the person(s) or entity that abused this if that is indeed what happened. May have to just chalk it up as you got scammed maybe?? Banning is a bit harsh, I think they should just revoke the TBM access on the accounts.

that would equate the loss as $value of what you got scammed for (key purchase) and time loss playing tbm perhaps.

can anyone confirm that people are getting banned for Kronos? I have seen tons of people making claims they got the axe from that. I just want to know if there is any truth to it. It doesn't seem right to me. I mean if someone get kronos an used them almost a month about how can they say this guy or that guy had one? I mean you could get the axe from buying a krono in the bazaar then

seems like, DBG got screwed , so you get screwed. but really the target of interest should be the person(s) or entity that abused this if that is indeed what happened. May have to just chalk it up as you got scammed maybe?? Banning is a bit harsh, I think they should just revoke the TBM access on the accounts.

that would equate the loss as $value of what you got scammed for (key purchase) and time loss playing tbm perhaps.

I'd agree except if it was really market region arbitrage like the Indonesian Rupiah claim. In that case this is entirely the fault of Steam/DBG to sort out & should have been done without impacting the user base in the slightest.

A company fucking up and selling something for too little money is not a justification to take back the merchandise and cause additional damage to the customer along the way.

Appears my 12 accounts lost was from the tbm keys purchased on said accounts. Which also doubled as my ragefire team. Needless say im on a hunting spree for said tbm code seller ill dox his life and become his life. I am not a happy camper justice will be served. Why cant people just be honest i mean damn.
Not only did i lose 12 accounts but one those accounts was a mule account holding 148 million plat and 89 krono..... This hit me hard and where it hurt!
- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side they have always been willing reverse the chargeback if its paid in full. I find this to be another daybreak cash cow before closing up. Just think thousand of members were to have to pay back the chargebacks would be soo much money for them in one run.

Agreed, I am willing to pay for the chargeback, it seems far enough to me. Because I to do not want to lose my millions of plats and 14 remaining krono.

Ticket opened 14 hours now, still no reply , although not expecting one any time soon

Ticket has been open for 17 hours and no response. Will for sure let you guys know when/if something happens.

So not only has DBG gutted me by taking all of my accounts away in a Ban, they now decide to email me making sure im aware of the Sale going on this weekend so i can spend money with them.....

I am also banned on my two main accounts for buying the TBM codes for 1 krono each. I just bought them a few days ago! Today I go to log in and I'm banned. So my 15+ years accounts are both gone forever? Is there no way to pay them or get them to reverse this?

So not only has DBG gutted me by taking all of my accounts away in a Ban, they now decide to email me making sure im aware of the Sale going on this weekend so i can spend money with them.....

Don't forget that in addition to 40% off all purchases you'll earn bonus XP!

Thanks for banning me me so I can take advantage of this great deal DBG! #SaltInTheWound lol

this is my bet for the closest reason to the truth of the "chargeback":

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ays-access-denied.233733/page-17#post-3448002

If this really was a region arbitrage instead of credit card fraud, then I have zero sympathy for DBG for its actions.

The keys then would be legitimate in the eyes of all except DBG beancounters.

You do not ban people for this, you try to work out an amicable solution.

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back