• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - About got it...quck question (1 Viewer)

EqVet

RedCents
26¢
About got Kissassist working. I'm boxing a sample Bard / Mage combo. Using the bard to pull (played manually by me) however the kissassist on the mage is only partially working.

"I'm getting a DPSOn=1 but section is empty, turning DPS off, please check your ini file" error. The melee is working as is the buff section but not sure why the DPS section isnt working. He's only got 2 spells (1 nuke and 1 buff) and level 1.

Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=8.2.5
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=0
LootOn=1
RezAcceptOn=0
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=1
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Minor Shielding
Buffs2=NULL
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Burst of Flame
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
[Pet]
PetOn=0
PetSpell=YourPetSpell
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetBuffsOn=0
PetBuffs1=NULL
PetBuffs2=NULL
PetBuffs3=NULL
PetBuffs4=NULL
PetBuffs5=NULL
PetBuffs6=NULL
PetBuffs7=NULL
PetBuffs8=NULL
PetCombatOn=1
PetToysOn=0
PetToys1=NULL
PetToys2=NULL
PetToys3=NULL
PetToys4=NULL
PetToys5=NULL
PetToys6=NULL
PetToysGave=NULL
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=0
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
- - - Updated - - -

Have also tried

Rich (BB code):
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=0
DPS1=Burst of Flame|80

- - - Updated - - -

It seems to be working now, maybe I made a mistake. Thanks anyway for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Got that, but what I cant figure out for the life of me those is why in the heck the bard (the one I am manually playing) keeps controlling himself..I tried to run off for another pull and he steers me back around to finish the mob off.

Either im rusty with EQ and need to turn something off in the settings of of my client or its something with Kissassist. Driving me nuts!!!

Got that, but what I cant figure out for the life of me those is why in the heck the bard (the one I am manually playing) keeps controlling himself..I tried to run off for another pull and he steers me back around to finish the mob off.

Either im rusty with EQ and need to turn something off in the settings of of my client or its something with Kissassist. Driving me nuts!!!

I think you are referring to the mechanics of EQMelee, in order to work around it just make sure to turn off auto attack when you get ready to go pull again

Or open the server_toon name.ini and look for something along the lines of stick=something here (sorry im not at my computer)

So this was the manual character I was playing not the "bot". Granted its on the same machine.

When starting up MQ2 are these .ini profiles loaded by default? I want to be able to play this one character completely. How do I insure nothing gets initialized for this toon? Im assuming it kick started because there was an ini for this character. Make sense?

So this was the manual character I was playing not the "bot". Granted its on the same machine.

When starting up MQ2 are these .ini profiles loaded by default? I want to be able to play this one character completely. How do I insure nothing gets initialized for this toon? Im assuming it kick started because there was an ini for this character. Make sense?

MQ2melee is built into the Redguide's MQ2 compile (maybe all base compiles, no idea) so it gets auto initiated when you turn on auto attack if MQ is running on that account, type /plugin mq2melee unload but I highly suggest using this and setting it up to work to your advantage, for instance, my tank bashes, taunts, disarms automatically so its just once less thing to think about. Also, a monk for instance, can be set up to auto feign death if monk hits a certain hp % etc... awesome plugin, just learn a little about it and utilize it to you benefit IMO

Also there is an entire thread on holyshits and downshits that will come into play once you start to figure out what they are, those work with the mq2melee plugin as well

Looks like this has mostly been answered already, I am new to the community but wanted to mention that you can find some great detailed information about mq2melee here: http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee (I am not sure if redguides has a similar write up).

Not sure what the default build has here but if mq2moveutils is included it might also be setting the /stick command. You should be able to use /stickrange=0. Should make it such that you don't face or try to move right next to the target.

Good luck!

Question - About got it...quck question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back