• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Discussion - A hypothetical new hybrid class. (No rumors just my imagination) (1 Viewer)

SomeTester

RedCents
924¢
The next hybrid class?

Beastlord: Shaman/Monk hybrid with a pet
Shadow Knight: Warrior/Necro hybrid
Paladin: Warrior/Cleric hybrid
Ranger: Druid/Warrior hybrid
Bard: Enchanter/Unique hybrid

This leaves 4 classes. Berserker, rogue, mage, and wizard. What is your hypothetical hybrid made from these remaining classes? Heck, throw enchanter in there. How about a rogue enchanter that can hold their enemies while going stabby stabby on them!

I doubt we'll see any new classes in eq - technical limitations they've mentioned or just otherwise

eq2 did add channeller tho - which was a weird ranger healer pet class. Weirdest hybrid i can think of - but they were pretty cool (no clue if they still are or not)

I doubt we'll see any new classes in eq - technical limitations they've mentioned or just otherwise

eq2 did add channeller - which was a weird ranger healer pet class
Oh yeah for sure they won’t be adding a new class. This is just a fun hypothetical of what could a new hybrid class be if they made one from the existing options.

Oh yeah for sure they won’t be adding a new class. This is just a fun hypothetical of what could a new hybrid class be if they made one from the existing options.
yeah i guess i didn't realy play along with your question.

what about a rogue/wizard/enchanter hybrid that was like a psionic melee thing - kinda a Psylocke vibe

yeah i guess i didn't realy play along with your question.

what about a rogue/wizard/enchanter hybrid that was like a psionic melee thing - kinda a Psylocke vibe
I did that idea! They could empower daggers or something to have special effect. Kind of like a rogue’s poison but more an on a magical side depending on what you are fighting. Fire, ice etc

zerker mage ftw. Freaking zerker dps with a pet killing beside him. Him sending BOTH into berzerk rage increasing dmg of both. massive dmg shields to add to it

Class Name: Bishop

Combo: Cleric / Wizard

Specialty: Undead Nukes, Heal DS

• Undead Nukes by class
  • Skelly Nuke, Zombie Nuke
  • Best in class nuke in terms of mana and efficiency when fighting undead
  • Below Mage when fighting anything else
  • Caster weapons and armor
  • Heal Damage Shield
  • Best in class reflective heal DS, with AA’s to have exception heals occasionally.
Class Name: Deacon

Combo: Cleric / Pet Class

Specialty: Long fight heals

• Pets that increase heal strengths
  • Heal spell that randomly heals between set hps to max hps, per Hit from mob
  • Heal spell that when mobs crits, respond with crit heal
  • Pet that acts as a shield for a % of health for a tank

I've always thought of bard as an enchanter/rogue hybrid.
yeah definitely - but i want something different - less songs and more shadowstepping and brain melting.

I had a rock-gnome psionic lasher in a D&D campaign once and it was the most fun i've ever had rollin die

Discussion - A hypothetical new hybrid class. (No rumors just my imagination)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back