• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - A few more simple questions (1 Viewer)

cingred

RedCents
332¢
First off, I hate having to make these threads just for very simple questions (which I'm unsure what to search for to find the answers), which has me wondering - Does Redguides have a discord chat channel, or any other sort of chat channel where these simple type questions might be better presented?

Ok, question #1 - I'm getting autojoin set up, but when my 2 boxed toons get a group invite from me, they get some sort of warning about advanced loot so I'm guessing that's causing auto-joining of the group to fail. I still have to switch to their windows to say YES to that window, then to click Follow to join the group. What can I do to avoid that?

Advanced looting. This is what I would like to do - I would like for Advanced looting to be on my main toon ONLY. I want to loot any/all items on my main character that I operate, without having to switch to my other toons, or click extra buttons, to confirm each time that yes, I want this character to loot the stuff. That said, I suppose this could be a problem if there's a no drop item that I need to loot on one of my boxed toons, no? Is there any way to unlock a corpse that has a no drop item that I want to be able to loot on my boxed toons that were previously excluded from the advanced loot thing?

I just returned to EQ within the past month or less (after many years being gone), so this advanced loot thing is completely new to me. I still am pretty sure I don't know how to operate it - not with any confidence anyway.

Advanced looting (/advl) is group/raid wide. Just set your main character to loot everything and set your other characters to loot nothing. Although, it's sometimes wise to spread out vender trash across a couple characters to avoid having to sell as much.

If you set your characters in the /advl options to autoloot all, you can easily assign them loot with your main character, and they will automatically loot it.

I don't know what warning you're getting, you'll need to be more specific.

if you have a merc up when you get a group invite, here is a pop up window
Yeah, I haven't been suspending my mercs at all yet (my toons are only in their teens, level wise). I didn't realize that's what caused it. Is the only way around that to suspend all three mercs (on my three boxes) before sending the group invites?

I use the line

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Window[ConfirmationDialogBox].Open}) /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup

in my macro to handle that. Not sure what macro you are using, or if you are.

Off hand there ought to be a way of broadcasting that across EQBC but, I am not up for the mental gymnastics just now I was just, clarifying the problem.

The eqbc command would be

Rich (BB code):
/noparse /bcga //if (${Window[ConfirmationDialogBox].Open}) /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup

That would send the command to everyone in the group, including the sender.

in my macro to handle that. Not sure what macro you are using, or if you are.

No, I have no macros (of my own) - no clue how to make one (do I make a new text document and just throw things in there?), nor how to execute them, or have them auto-execute upon login, or what I'd have to do. I think I did see a thread about making macros here somewhere, which I haven't read - maybe I should.

- - - Updated - - -

Rich (BB code):
/noparse /bcga //if (${Window[ConfirmationDialogBox].Open}) /notify ConfirmationDialogBox CD_Yes_Button leftmouseup

Will that all fit into a hotkey? I guess I'll try it and see.

Rich (BB code):

Just curious, but does that apply specifically to the YES / NO dialog window for accepting group invite, or ALL YES/NO dialog boxes? Cuz THAT would be handy dandy!

also, why the /noparse at the front of that?

The MQ2 macro language is unique to MQ2, but for the most part if follows fairly standard programming thought processes. I learned how to build computers back when a mac was called an Apple (as in 25+ years ago) and can for the most part follow along with whats going on, and do the "monkey see monkey do" style of copy & edit.

If you are curious about writing macros, you can check out the "readme" file included in MQ. Right click on the MQ2 icon and select "readme" it is a windows CHM file (help file) that shows the nuts and bolts of MQ, and macro writing. Then you will want to check out the source wiki http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page it will become your bible. From there you can see some written macros, how things flow, and get some basic information on stuff.

You will also see listing for the TLOs (top level objects) which is the information you use when writing macros. Like ${Me.PctHPs} is under the TLO:Me, subclass:character.

Macro writing can be a lot of fun ( I enjoy figuring out things ) but the language, and the parser (The MQ2 engine) changes over time, so there can be constant revisioning involed.

Or you can look into the various already written "bot" macros/scripts that this site has. KISSASSIST (or KA for short ) for instance is a "all classes" macro ment to keep things as dirt simple as possible (but like EQ, still has a bit of a learning curve to set up just the way you want it to behave)

It entirely depends on what you want to do, and how much you want automated.

For instance, there are also plugins. Which are ( like other programs with plugings) small additions to MQ2's core program. I bring this up because in this case, there is a plugin just for making groups called MQ2AutoGroup. https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/55958-MQ2AutoGroup

You can make sure you have it loaded (type in "/plugin mq2autogroup" while ingame)
Then take some time to look over the instruction and set up a group. It may take a few tries to get exactly what you want ( I recommend doing this while away from other folks, incase you goof and say the commands in "/say" channel. Like say in the guild hall )but once you do get things set up, it will automatically set up your group as you log in toons and they are int he same zone.

I am only guessing (I do not use the plugin) that it should also handle the pop up window. If you find it doesn't, I would imagine mentioning it may get that rectified eventually. Bear in mind most of the work here is done voluntarily, and there is a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff going on right now that is causing a lot of editing to various stuff.

also, why the /noparse at the front of that?

it is so the sending toon doesn't parse the code, but the recieving toon does

Last edited:
The /noparse means that the person receiving the message not the sender will check if the confirmation window is up. If you don't put in the /noparse and the sender doesn't have the window open then no one will click the confirmation button. Also I was assuming you only wanted to try and click the confirmation button if the window was open.

If you don't mind sending the confirmation command when the window isn't open you can also drop the if statement.

Rich (BB code):

This didn't work for me, at least not putting it into a social/hotkey and using it on my main character (1 of 3 characters).

you need to start the eqbc server and then in game type:

/plugin mq2eqbc

and then

/bccmd connect

the last two lines on all of your characters. You basically start the server to communicate through, load the plugin and then connect to the server.
I'm pretty sure I have mq2eqbc working correctly. I run the little "MQ2EQBC Server" via the shortcut that's on my desktop (I'm guessing it was placed there when I installed the RG Very Vanilla MQ2 build). I can tell my guys to hail NPCs and whatnot. I have them set to autojoin the mq2eqbc server thing, so I don't seem to have to type those two above commands each time I log in.

Here's the pop-up window, just in case what you're thinking I'm seeing isn't what I'm actually seeing:

group_dialog_snip.PNG

I'm pretty sure I have mq2eqbc working correctly. I run the little "MQ2EQBC Server" via the shortcut that's on my desktop (I'm guessing it was placed there when I installed the RG Very Vanilla MQ2 build). I can tell my guys to hail NPCs and whatnot. I have them set to autojoin the mq2eqbc server thing, so I don't seem to have to type those two above commands each time I log in.

Here's the pop-up window, just in case what you're thinking I'm seeing isn't what I'm actually seeing:

View attachment 12862

My bad, /bcga will send to everyone in your group. But they haven't joined yet, so the command to send to everyone on your server is /bcaa.

Question - A few more simple questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back