• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - 22nd anniversary spoiler (1 Viewer)

RedCents
514¢
I just ran the 22nd anniversary mission Unity today and it was fairly simple. This mission will get you the new unity clicky (not sure if it was obvious by the name :xd:).

1615353742459.png

The npc to get the mission is in Qeynos Hills, Guard Blevins. He will send you to Black Burrow. The mobs are around FM and ST difficulty. To get the new clicky you will need to collect 7 pages from trash mobs. Hand them to Lorekeeper Ralf and you will get the clicky and 14 commemorative coins.
1615353712714.png

There is also a named mob a very burly gnoll that can drop an aug. its ph is a burly gnoll.
1615353936868.png1615353982824.png

---UPDATE---

Sic's Video Walkthru

1. Talk to Guard Blevins in Qeynos Hills
2. Kill 3 Commanders in Black Burrow
3. Once 3 Commanders are killed there is a chance "a very burly gnoll" will spawn (PH is "a burly gnoll")
4. Kill trash to get the 7 pages before killing Axtig the Uniter or you will complete the mission and have a lock out timer!
5. Turn pages into Lorekeeper Ralf​

Last edited:
I hope that lore group being on the int/wis one is a mistake since its not on the dex (and i hope its not meant to be on the dex one)

Is that namer in one place/area? Or can it spawn anywhere? If it’s only in one spot that’s gonna be perma-camped.

Also ... ooohh ... those augs can go in primary... that’s a very very good thing for tanks.

@Otter620 how many times did you need to run the mission to get all 7 pages? I just ran it for the first time and only got 3 pages to drop..

@Sum1 it creates a mission instance, uses the blackburrow map from SoD.. so at least no fighting over camps there..

How did the EQ team/devs go from creating relatively amazing content two years ago (GMM-anniversary, TBL- expac) to bullshit zero effort literal copy paste currently?

I think the staff reductions at Daybreak between 2018 and 2019 (although most of the layoffs were focussed on games they stopped) and the loss of Holly in 2020 affected the mojo.

@Otter620 how many times did you need to run the mission to get all 7 pages? I just ran it for the first time and only got 3 pages to drop..

@Sum1 it creates a mission instance, uses the blackburrow map from SoD.. so at least no fighting over camps there..
I ran it twice. I got 2 pages my first run. But I wasn’t killing everything. Only the mission mobs. When I knew about the pages I got 5 in 1 run. I set my tank on hunter tank mode with 300 z and 7000 pull range with the team on chase and let them got to town.

I ran it twice. I got 2 pages my first run. But I wasn’t killing everything. Only the mission mobs. When I knew about the pages I got 5 in 1 run. I set my tank on hunter tank mode with 300 z and 7000 pull range with the team on chase and let them got to town.

Oh yeah? how did that go, relatively smooth? I just manually ran around but that would be a nice alternative ? I hate that zone and ALWAYS get turned around! I prefer original BB :)

Oh yeah? how did that go, relatively smooth? I just manually ran around but that would be a nice alternative ? I hate that zone and ALWAYS get turned around! I prefer original BB :)
A couple bumps. The razor fish sometimes caused issues it it always resolved itself. I had to /shd ignore the one quest mob who goes invulnerable at 10%. And onetime one of the commanders despawned before I could talk to hoop so I couldn’t finish the quest. I was still able to collect the pages and turn in though. This seems like a super simple farm and bazaar quest. The pages are tradable so go farm as many pages on a toon drop quest and do it again. Then and sell them. Or, the item is single person turns in and the whole group gets the item so sell adds for the reward. You can invis past everything to the turn in guy.

Last edited:
Is that namer in one place/area? Or can it spawn anywhere? If it’s only in one spot that’s gonna be perma-camped.

Also ... ooohh ... those augs can go in primary... that’s a very very good thing for tanks.

The named spawned in the same spot for me twice. Its an instanced zone so you dont have to worry about it being camped.

I got all 7 in one go the first time and 6 in the second.

I tried using hunter tank and putting everyone else on chase. It worked good until at the top one of the dps fell in the middle and got aggro. Once I was off the top it went alot smoother.

Thank you for your diligence! This is what makes Redguides so interesting - you guys do the Due Diligence to get us info (saves us lazy ones time!)

Can this task be done with lvl 110 ?

yep its really easy trash... i havent confirmed if it scales to the lvl of the toons entering.. but i have a 113 as my top one and the trash are white/yellow and really easy.. like easier than ToV same con..

I did it with a full group but the mob difficulty is a little less then Sathir's Tomb so what ever you would need for that. My level 115 warrior (snowbound armor.. not a fancy warrior) could handle about 10 trash with my bard mezzing

Well, blackburrow being a zone i slummed in when it first came out gets me kind of excited. The burly gnoll roams below the bridge to the left when you get to the bottom of the tunnel down.

This may be obvious to everyone else but caught me by surprise:
When you turn in the 7 pages at the ZIN everyone in the group gets the reward. I was planning on farming a set of 7 pages for each toon.

How many people do you need therefor ? A full group ?
Requested with 1 character (merc was not out)

Took a raidgeared zerker (440k HP) and merc with 40 AA. Can handle 3 with ease. 5 with hitting a disc or 2. Even the yellow con mobs were no problem. Suspect bring rogues and you will slaughter the zone in no time at all.

115 zerk
blue con trash 15-18M HP (gnoll) lvl113
blue con trash 30-35M HP (shaman - may have healed themselves) lvl113
yellow con commander 35-37M HP

Last edited:
And you all are doing this on test server right now? Right? Because these aren't on live servers yet?

And you all are doing this on test server right now? Right? Because these aren't on live servers yet?
Yup test, wanted to get a head start on figuring out where to go/what to do/who to bring. I want that feather for every single character of mine. Cannot afford wasting time during the anniversary itself.

The namer (that drops the augs) even spawn inside the instance?

Tip - 22nd anniversary spoiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back